Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon L120 back in stock in Argos again

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Sounds good! I have a Samsung PL201 that I bought 12 months ago as a point-n-shoot that has been used about 3-4 times. I think I'll sell that on and pick this up as I have a few trips coming up where I'll be looking for some nice shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭losttheplot

I am definitely no camera expert (barely a novice) but this L310 model now being offered might not be a full upgrade as this model seems to have no HDMI or zoom controls on the left side of the camera - according to the forum link below

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nikon-l310-bridge-camera-argos-for-just-130-new-model-1199227?page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

I am definitely no camera expert (barely a novice) but this L310 model now being offered might not be a full upgrade as this model seems to have no HDMI or zoom controls on the left side of the camera - according to the forum link below

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nikon-l310-bridge-camera-argos-for-just-130-new-model-1199227?page=2

Youre right, It does not have a HDMI output. It does still have zoom controls, they have been moved to the right side of the camera, next to the shutter button. God people on that site seem really agrieved that they didn't get the l120, both are great little cameras IMO for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Seems a bit unusual why they'd take HDMI out of a newer model in the same line, but I don't think it's a showstopper by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Just picked this up today, impressed with it so far. Not great with reviews but it is a great point and shoot with a good range of pre-set scenes to choose from.

Attatched two sample photos. Only close up with Macro scene on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I hav'nt a clue about cameras, I'd like to know if any of the bridge type refered to here in the €150 price range have rechargable batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

aujopimur wrote: »
    I hav'nt a clue about cameras, I'd like to know if any of the bridge type refered to here in the €150 price range have rechargable batteries.

L120 does not come with them, but it will take then. (4xA4)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

L120 does not come with them, but it will take then. (4xA4)
    Thanks, I'm refering to the type of battery & charger that came with my little compact camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

AFAIK bridges tend to be all AA. People who are cheaping out on a camera(no offence, I have one) tend to not be interested in €50 batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Beekay wrote: »
    Just picked this up today, impressed with it so far. Not great with reviews but it is a great point and shoot with a good range of pre-set scenes to choose from.

Wow, how far away were you taking the photo of the bird? It's most excellent!

Ix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

ixtlan wrote: »
    Beekay wrote: »

Wow, how far away were you taking the photo of the bird? It's most excellent!

Ix.
    I was the really close, a few inches as the bird had just gotten a fright from my dog so was a bit shocked. Luckily it was okay. But the 21x zoom is very good! Have been trying to get a good zoomed snap of a few birds but they are just too quick for me!

Advertisement