Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon L120 back in stock in Argos again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

almost all argos shops seems to have 5+ stock atm

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Seem to have dropped the prices of a few models
    good value compact super zooms
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5596368.htm
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5594188.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brnlghln

All camera shops are selling off last years stock (most of these cameras were released 12 months ago).

See: http://www.parkcameras.com/ or Pixmanina etc.

Check dpreview.com, stevesdigicams.com etc of reviews of them.

The L120 is OK, but only OK in terms of image quality. Not bad value for the price though you could do better (Panasonic Lumix TZ20 isn't much more expensive).

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

it was on sale for 144 euro before xmas
    i got one and have found it to be a terrific camera
    very happy with it indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I'm getting to hate bargain alerts. Keep buying stuff that I don't really need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 nympho

I went into Argos today and went to buy the Nikon L120 and got the upgrade L310 for the same price. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5596007/Trail/searchtext%3ENIKON+L120.htm

Very good price for a beginners camera!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

nympho wrote: »
    I went into Argos today and went to buy the Nikon L120 and got the upgrade L310 for the same price. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5596007/Trail/searchtext%3ENIKON+L120.htm

Very good price for a beginners camera!

You've linked to the same camera and I can't see the L310 anywhere on the website.

Tusky wrote: »
    You've linked to the same camera and I can't see the L310 anywhere on the website.

I reserved it online, went in at lunchtime to pick it up and they gave me the L310. I didn't ask questions. I couldn't find it on their website either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

There is at least two in every store in the country

http://www.checkargos.com/index.php?productId=559/6007

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

The Fujifilm S4000 camera that is listed on the Argos site,is 12 months old,but if you purcahse it(as i did last week) the box is s4000 but the camera inside is the new model s4500 with a letter stating that it has been subsituted.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5596038/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CPhotography%7C14419436/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780865%7CDigital+cameras%7C14419441.htm

• Advertisement

Is the Nikon L120 reasonably compact? i.e, suitable for taking on holidays? And how is the HD video recording?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got one for my brother today.
    Its a really nice camera, Its succeeded by the L310 which is a newer model.

I'm envious but cant justify it since I have a Canon and Olympus DSLR

He got a 16gb cl10 memory card from memoryC.com for €17.22. It was less than the 8gb in argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭g0g

The Fujifilm S4000 camera that is listed on the Argos site,is 12 months old,but if you purcahse it(as i did last week) the box is s4000 but the camera inside is the new model s4500 with a letter stating that it has been subsituted.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5596038/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CPhotography%7C14419436/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780865%7CDigital+cameras%7C14419441.htm
    Snapsort actually rates the S4000 as better?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

g0g wrote: »
    Snapsort actually rates the S4000 as better?:confused:

Does say the screen/viewfinder res on the 4000 is higher

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Price on the L120 just went up to €159.99 in Argos.ie :(:(:(

marrm wrote: »
    Price on the L120 just went up to €159.99 in Argos.ie :(:(:(

I have one reserved which I probably won't be buying - so you can have the reservation number if you want? It's in Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Is the Nikon L120 reasonably compact? i.e, suitable for taking on holidays? And how is the HD video recording?

Great little bridge camera. Was playing around with it yesterday after work. It is suitable for holidays which is why I bought it and I'm a beginner. I also bought a 8gb memory card and received a 10euro discount card. I used the discount card to by a carrier bag for 8euros! Happy out! :cool:

GobBass wrote: »

Oh yea? €159.99 right now, even in red

Nikon COOLPIX L120 14.1MP Digital Bridge Camera - Red. 559/6746
    Save €130.00
    €159.99
    was €289.99

(88 customer reviews)
    :mad::mad::mad:

Reserved it last night, hope to get it at the old price today. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I need a new camera, Is it still wort it at the new price or is ther better deals elsewhere or on other cameras

Sorry not great on cameras

• Advertisement

I reserved one of these @ the original price in Argos, St Stephen's Green. Reservation code is 394288 if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I reserved one of these @ the original price in Argos, St Stephen's Green. Reservation code is 394288 if anyone wants it.

Don't bother, they won't honour that price anyway:
    Please note that our prices change, sometimes on a daily basis. The price you pay is the price in store on the day you collect your items.

http://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/Reserving.htm?tag=ie:home:sm:001:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

marrm wrote: »
    Oh yea? €159.99 right now, even in red

Nikon COOLPIX L120 14.1MP Digital Bridge Camera - Red. 559/6746
    Save €130.00
    €159.99
    was €289.99

(88 customer reviews)
    :mad::mad::mad:

Reserved it last night, hope to get it at the old price today. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I swear it was €143.99 last night. Stupid daily price increases. With DSLRs becoming more available to the average schmo, I wish to see bridge cameras fall in price.

Oracle wrote: »

Happy days:

Saw the L120 @ €143.99 last nite.

Reserved it immediately - reservation confirmation said €159.99

Went to Argos Swords, gave them my res number, they said €159.99, I said no, had reserved it @ €143.99, so the gave it to me at the lower price! :D

Looked at the box - it's a L310!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Now have to find out what the difference is, if any, between the L120 & the L310. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Thrown one on reserve there

Always wanted a new camera ever since I sold my SLR, and this one looks pretty decent for the price.

No idea if I'll ever use it, but sure might aswell reserve and have a think.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Reserved 1 and will pick it up tomorrow. Will post and let you know if it's the l120 or the l310.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Reserved 1 and will pick it up tomorrow. Will post and let you know if it's the l120 or the l310.

Thinking of going for one of these, so would be interested to hear back from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I'm gonna guess it will be the L310 as it is just the L120 with some minor updates as the L120 doesn't get made anymore.

Just picked it up. It's the l310. Looks really good. Will toy around with it for a bit and see what it's like and repost later.

• Advertisement

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Just picked it up. It's the l310. Looks really good. Will toy around with it for a bit and see what it's like and repost later.
    Sorry for the delay, just been busy this evening! Anyway I spoke with a member of staff in Argos, wh informed me that they no longer stock the L120, they only stock the L310. It is the upgrade to the L120. The L120 was released in feb 2011 and the 310 in march 2012. They are identical in appearance, size weight etc. the 310 has a few more shooting features and modes apparently.

So I've been toying with it a bit this evening and I love it. It is exactly what I have been looking for. At the moment I have a regular, point and shoot camera, nothing fancy. I haven't been happy with the picture quality from it. I'm not the type of person who will spend 10 minutes setting up a photo, with different lenses and settings either, so this camera is ideal.

It looks good. It's fairly compact and light weight. Its very easy to use. There is an auto mode that will do a lot of the work for you if youre feeling lazy! There are plenty of settings for various scenes, portraits, sports etc. There are a few options for colour effects, black and white, vivid etc. The camera zoom and picture quality are excellent to my untrained eye! It comes with a neck strap, lense cap, usb cable, discs to set it up with your pc and a 2yr warranty. Yes it does take 4 AA batteries and I'm not sure how long they will last yet.

I think if your an avid photographer, then maybe this camera is too basic and simple for you, but if, like me, you just want to upgrade and take some better quality photos on a user friendly camera, then I wouldn't hesitate to buy. Ive seen it online for €310 elsewhere, so €159 is a BARGAIN! If anyone has any questions pm me. I'd be happy to answer...now I'm off to practise my posing :D

Advertisement