Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Film and Television Awards - 11/02/12 @ 9:40pm

Options
  • 11-02-2012 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭

Simon Delaney hosts the 2012 Irish Film and Television Awards from the Convention Centre, Dublin, as the most talented names in Irish and international television are honoured.

http://www.ifta.ie/index.html
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

If I remember correctly, IFTA is the latin for 'Sorry I can't be here tonight' :)

Always a good laugh, taking the piss out of these awards. Especially the IFTAs.
    The awards don't mean much, but they take them so seriously.

Poor effort on the website ...

http://www.ifta.ie/nominees/actorsupporttv.html

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
    Brendan Coyle
    Downton Abbey, Carnival Productions
    No Bio Available

No bio available? I could have made a stab at a bio for them

'He is your man Bates off Downton Abbey'

There, that was easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Fassbender wins best actor but I fear it is going to Gleeson for the overrated sh*te film The Guard

Could RTE put this on early?

I am at a loose end since the Rugby was cancelled at the last minute :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Hope fair city get an award for worst actors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

am bored watching top gear of all things while waiting for Casualty to start:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Skid wrote: »

I dont see why not.. Most of the people who won have probably just sent videos anyway... You know the way they go:
    I'm really sorry I couldnt be (bothered to be) there tonight.. This award means a lot (of b0llocks) to me but unfortunately I'm busy working (my way through my Downton Abbey boxset) tonight and cant be with you.

Lisha wrote: »
    am bored watching top gear of all things while waiting for Casualty to start:)

If it's the one where Richard Hammond crashes when trying for the World Land Speed Record, you might get some early Casualty action :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I am at a loose end since the Rugby was cancelled at the last minute :mad:
    Mr. D was absolutely raging over the match being cancelled. To be honest, I'm just relieved that it happened in Stade de France and not in the Aviva. We are already the laughing stock of Europe, we don't need to add to it.

I'd love to have seen Tea Cosy's Sarkozy's face this evening :D:D:D

I dont see why not.. Most of the people who won have probably just sent videos anyway...

I see it's not even live. Most of the awards have already been given out :mad:

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope Fassbender wins best actor but I fear it is going to Gleeson for the overrated sh*te film The Guard
    I hope Fassbender makes an appearance at the award ceremony but I doubt it will happen. I do like Mr. Fassbender:cool:

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Mr. D was absolutely raging over the match being cancelled. To be honest, I'm just relieved that it happened in Stade de France and not in the Aviva. I'd love to have seen Tea Cosy's Sarkozy's face this evening :D:D:D

It would have been better if it had been here Mrs D... Sarkozy would have be there with a sour head on him saying "you told us ze match was going ahead"... And we would say "well you told us we could keep our Corporation Tax ye little b0ll0x"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

Sitting here watching Premier soccer saturday trying to keep my eyes open! I'm shattered hope I don't nod off before the awards! Off to pour a wee vodka and Cranberry juice to see if it livens me up a bit!;)

I hope Fassbender makes an appearance at the award ceremony but I doubt it will happen. I do like Mr. Fassbender:cool:

You might be in for a pleasant surprise ;)

Skid, you're as bad as Harry :mad: You've been on that bloody Twitter machine again, haven't you ? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::D

Skid, you're as bad as Harry :mad: You've been on that bloody Twitter machine again, haven't you ? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::D

I am still trying to figure out where I upset MrsD, there.

Answers on a Postcard to the usual address :)

Ah Skid, I got the impression that you heard on Twitter that he had won an award ;):D I'm just after seeing him on the news, he is definitely there, all is well in my world now :D

I really dont get Chris O'Dowd... I thought he was embarrassing Bridesmaids..

Apparently there is a spoof Movie Trailer at the start of the show which the organisers are very pleased with.

Chris O'Dowd and Amy Huberman are in it amongst others.

Might be worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Has just settled down to watch this load of rubbish:D

• Advertisement

I really dont get Chris O'Dowd... I thought he was embarrassing Bridesmaids..
    Bridemaids was absolute rubbish from start to finish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Miriam - "I hope Prime Time wins".

Two hopes love.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Hope Primetime wins after what they done to the priest last year, i doubt it Mirm.

Miriam O Callaghan looks well as usual:D

patwicklow wrote: »
    Has just settled down to watch this load of rubbish:D
    Ah Pat, you know you want to :D

The Hollywood Celebrities they attract for this are usually 'There's what's his/her name, off that show from a few years ago' standard.

Lisha wrote: »
    Miriam O Callaghan looks well as usual:D

Prime Time is up for Most Irresponsible and Most Court Appearances.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Same theme tune as always........for the past few years!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Not going to watch this, cant stand people patting themselves on the back about how great there are:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thanks Skid for trailer heads up, Funny

Advertisement