Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show-10th. Feb 2012

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

twirlagig wrote: »
    Will the Awards tomorrow night be any craic I wonder?? :D

I suppose just like the Late Late, only if there is a thread going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Aoife9 wrote: »
    Hubby has control of the controls now so it's nitey nite from me see ya's on some other thread!
    LOL:D Next time he goes to the fridge for a beer, change the channel and remove the batteries ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

cofy wrote: »
    I just googled her, she is 51 or 52.

she looks more like 61yrs imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Aoife9 wrote: »
    Hubby has control of the controls now so it's nitey nite from me see ya's on some other thread!

Have you got a remote control for a remote control :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Well, is the Friday night movie worth watching???

Rotten Tomatoes says 40%.. but they can be off the wall sometimes.. I'm watching the comedy on RTE TWO.. Welsh lad is funny, not sure who the guests are..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

1984 Miss Ireland, so she was say 20 then that makes her approx 46.
    A beautifully spoken Lady.
    Grace Kelly:eek:

Oddly enough she looks like someone who aged very well in a Helen Mirren sort of way. But shes 50 and I thought she was maybe 60 or so. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Surely better that that obese munter's ham-fisted attempt at a chat show. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Surely better that that obese munter's ham-fisted attempt at a chat show. :)

Not sure whether you're having a go at Simon Delaney or Brendan O'Connor.. I'd say it will be the usual gushing.. Saoirse Ronan will fly in to get an award, Fassbender.... then all the Fair City actors..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Not sure whether you're having a go at Simon Delaney or Brendan O'Connor.. I'd say it will be the usual gushing.. Saoirse Ronan will fly in to get an award, Fassbender.... then all the Fair City actors..

O'Connor of course. I've nothing against Simon Delaney (and he doesn't have his own chat show. ;))

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Considering the same one or two dramas and films will dominate every category (because that's the sum total of Irish dramas and films that are made in Ireland every year), I reckon it should be a hoot.

• Advertisement

Considering the same one or two dramas and films will dominate every category (because that's the sum total of Irish dramas and films that are made in Ireland every year), I reckon it should be a hoot.
    Last year, the show was complete crap, Pierce Brosnan was the only A lister at the award ceremony but we had absolutely brilliant craic on thread taking the p1ss out of everyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

God, that Bette Midler is decidedly annoying! :mad:
    And is that a young Mike Delfino I see? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Last year, the show was complete crap, Pierce Brosnan was the only A lister at the award ceremony but we had absolutely brilliant craic on thread taking the p1ss out of everyone :D

Oh brill! 'Twirly, are you going out tomorrow night?'........... 'Am, no, I'm staying in with my virtual friends' :o:o;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Great at least there will be a thread to look forward to. I have never watched the late late show until I saw these threads. I have often flicked on and off just as quickly. Ended up with nothing but reality crime programmes to watch, not healthy, especially when the most ususal one was Snapped Women Who Kill. For some strange reason this makes my husband very nervous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Hey everybody,

Was it any good tonight? Any part worth watching on the repeat?

Hope ya all had fun :)

Skid wrote: »
    Hey everybody,

Aside from Aslan, it WAS the worst show ever... I wouldnt even bother looking back over it unless your need to record an image of Michelle Heaton for the hitman you are hiring to kill her..

Hey everybody,

Skip - Michelle Heaton, The Valentine Crew and the Titanic Couple (lovely people but the film was shorter).

Watch - Aslan and Olivia Treacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

I don't watch the show but prefer readin this thread with a nice beer as accompaniment......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

And I have long back hair! :eek:
    Shaving the lot for 'Shave or Dye' this year though - Wish me luck peeps!
    How will ye feel about having Sinead O'Connor joining in every Friday night!??:D

Well done for shave or dye, great cause,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Aslan was classic late late show I thought, absolutely brilliant, tubs just sat back and let them at it, great stories.
    Christy: 'i was messed up at the time, ya know the story I was abused as a child we won't go there"
    Tubs: 'it was your neighbor?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Impossible not to like Christy. Amazing singer, up there with Luke Kelly as the best voice this country has ever produced. Never seen Aslan live (apart from their half-time show at the Dublin-Cork National League final last year) but I might put that right for their Tallaght Stadium gig. They've got some monumental tunes if you dig below Crazy World and This Is. Here's three of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I was flicking last night and for the first three times I heard C section, me me me and C section. And then I had a funny dream DLB was presenting blind date.

deelite wrote: »
    I was flicking last night and for the first three times I heard C section, me me me and C section. And then I had a funny dream DLB was presenting blind date.
    Jaysus, I thought it was Michelle talking about child birth again :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Was that not Teresa Lowe ? :confused:

No, t'was Olivia
    By her reign's end she was co-hosting a primetime show on RTE Television "Murphy's Micro Quiz'M", as well as live announcing on Channels RTE 1 and 2.

http://www.irishexaminerusa.com/mt/2008/06/11/olivia_tracey_is_hollywoodhot.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

writhen wrote: »
    I don't watch the show but prefer readin this thread with a nice beer as accompaniment......

So wise for one so young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Hey everybody,

Aside from Aslan, it WAS the worst show ever... I wouldnt even bother looking back over it unless your need to record an image of Michelle Heaton for the hitman you are hiring to kill her..

Just for the record, I have no plans to hire a hitman to kill Michelle. I likes Michelle :o

Not enough to listen to her LLS Interview (I'm not made of Broadband). But enough that I am glad she is alive and well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I'm flummoxed about this show....

I saw bits of it last night - probably caught the second half or something.

I thought the Blind Date was okay....I wasn't sitting watching the TV, but it was on in the background while I was doing something else, and the Blind Date slot amused me slightly.

The couple from the ill-fated cruise ship were well worth watching, in my opinion...apart from learning more about what actually happened to the ship, I also found their reactions interesting - like when they were phoning home and the younger son was all 'huh'? - kind of touching story, all human life, etc, and thankfully not many of us have experienced that 'I'm more than likely going to die any minute now' feeling.

Aslan were good - good in themselves, and the warmth shown towards them from the audience drew me in. Engaging, interesting - could have listened to more.

And then after that, Tubridy says 'join us after the break'....and what do we get for the final segment? Olivia Tracey. Now, to be fair, she seemed to be a nice enough person, but really, the whole segment had a 'filler' feel about it. She hadn't got that much of interest to share, and at times her cheery disposition could seem a little annoying. She was honest about losing out on two jobs she'd auditioned for before Christmas....but considering Tubridy had spoken about how 2011 was a hellish year for many, when Olivia said she took herself off to NYC & The Hamptons for a week to get over the disappointment...it possibly alienated a fair proportion of the audience. Again, I must say she came across as a decent person...BUT WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND CHOSE TO FINISH THE SHOW WITH OLIVIA TRACEY (a very bland/luke-warm segment) AS OPPOSED TO ASLAN?

The show ended on a mere whimper.....awful conclusion.

Advertisement