Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody bought a Planet X RT57??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭saccades

Dubba wrote: »
    PX have a distributor in Athlone that would help you with the sizing, probably best if your not to sure what size you need.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/bicycles/2925340

I just saw on their donedeal ad - new site at www.planetxireland.com where you can avail of free shipping to Ireland for all purchases. :D

Worked out £200 quid cheaper to buy direct from PlanetX when I bought my London Rd (and I got Rival22 HRD as opposed to mechanical).

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭bsb1971

The RT 57 frameset is at a great price at the moment with 25% off on the PX UK website. What are these frames like to ride - would love to hear from someone who has had one for a long period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

bsb1971 wrote: »
    The RT 57 frameset is at a great price at the moment with 25% off on the PX UK website. What are these frames like to ride - would love to hear from someone who has had one for a long period of time.

Very robust , and racy geometry for the bends, , very strong, comfortable, I've mine 5 years , never desired to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

waking up an old thread

bought a RT 57 2nd hand and its got 53/39 172.5mm bb30 130BCD.

anyone had/have this BB30 variant 130 bcd with the FSA cranks?

PX website states the BB30 is threaded but it seems very flush with BB Shell(pressfit).

like to swap out cranks for 50/34 24mm spindle with 170mm arms and change the BB,

Also add 11-34 on the back as it comes with a med cage rear D.

BTW schwalbe pro one 25s JUST fit on rear 5mm either side on the stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

I had an RT-57 back around 2016 and managed to break it the day I got it 😭

ANyway, to run a 24mm crankset, you’ll need to run a BB30 to Shimano (or BB30 to 24mm) adapter.

There are a few choices which vary in price. A cheaper option (from fSA) presses into the frame directly. Token have a more expensive version that screws together...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭gmacww

BB30 is not threaded. It’s press fit bearings directly into the frame. To be honest they are a creaking pain in the ass. As Nick said above some options. I used to run a fsa bb30 chainset but now use a rotor conversion kit that screws together and allows me to run an ultegra chainset. You can also get fsa plastic shims that will let you use existing 30mm bearings with a 24mm chainset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Ali is my friend

got this 20 euro

and this 60 euro

170mm 50/34

jobs a gud un!

11/32 on back & now no climbing excuses any more!

Post edited by seanin4711 on

Advertisement