Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

job interview done, gah i never want to do a video interview again, you have 60 seconds to think about a question written in text (the usual hr ones , times where you showed in initiative, blah blah) and you answer them out loud...to yourself, into a webcam with nobody watching or listening, just the cam recording, you have 2minutes, I went down the route of simple straightforward answers not rambling just to pad out the 2 mins so hopefully thats a good way to do it, I haaaaate bigging myself up in interviews, if I had my cv my way itd be this:

"I'm good at what I do, been doing it for over 10 years, you seem sound to work for, gimme a job cos I wont steal anything and I'm house trained"

-cordially, krudler

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

krudler wrote: »
    job interview done, gah i never want to do a video interview again, you have 60 seconds to think about a question written in text (the usual hr ones , times where you showed in initiative, blah blah) and you answer them out loud...to yourself, into a webcam with nobody watching or listening, just the cam recording, you have 2minutes, I went down the route of simple straightforward answers not rambling just to pad out the 2 mins so hopefully thats a good way to do it, I haaaaate bigging myself up in interviews, if I had my cv my way itd be this:

"I'm good at what I do, been doing it for over 10 years, you seem sound to work for, gimme a job cos I wont steal anything and I'm house trained"

-cordially, krudler

Hope you get it.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Hope you get it.

me too, this is plan A, I have a plan B which was to come later but if I dont get this, plan A disappears like virginity on debs night and I go to plan B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

-cordially, krudler

God I didn't think that's what you meant by video. Thought you just meant like a skype interview which I have done before but I think I'd make a balls of something like that. So werid not to have someone to talk too, fair play!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

me too, this is plan A, I have a plan B which was to come later but if I dont get this, plan A disappears like virginity on debs night and I go to plan B

Dude, as long as you get out of the place you're currently working it's all gravy!*

* may or may not be correct usage, I am not down with the kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Why am I watching Take Me Out? It's so awful...but can't stop watching! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Toddlers and tiaras is so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

bluewolf wrote: »
    Toddlers and tiaras is so bad

fcuking child abuse is what that is

thats video is nuts, thats on ADD riddled kid she's raising there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Why am I watching Take Me Out? It's so awful...but can't stop watching! :(

It's so bad, it actually hurts to watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

job interview done, gah i never want to do a video interview again, you have 60 seconds to think about a question written in text (the usual hr ones , times where you showed in initiative, blah blah) and you answer them out loud...to yourself, into a webcam with nobody watching or listening, just the cam recording, you have 2minutes, I went down the route of simple straightforward answers not rambling just to pad out the 2 mins so hopefully thats a good way to do it

Bioware?

Bioware?

maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Lia_lia wrote: »

That is so many kinds of fcuked up :(

maybe....

Ha, sorry :p

I know someone who did that kind of video interview and that's where they were applying. But I guess other places are probably doing similar ;)

well if I get it I'll be going to more Galway beers, put it that way ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Told my bf to f off and locked myself in the bathroom for the last hour or so for some pampering me time :) bliss! Lovely clean pjs on and all toasty
    *does second happy dance of the day* :)

well if I get it I'll be going to more Galway beers, put it that way ;)

Best of luck so!

(Not that I've ever gone to a Galway beers. I will eventually :o)

Right, night ladies, I'm off to get drunk with the boys

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

-cordially, krudler
    "I'm good at what I do, been doing it for over 10 years, you seem sound to work for, gimme a job cos I wont steal anything (actually I might steal some pens) and I'm house trained"
    would be mine. :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Double choc + fudge muffins

IMG_0524.jpg

and choc biscuit cake

IMG_0522.jpg

Tomorrow will be fun. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Back to work tomorrow after being sick last week!

Afterwards, Im gonna go to Pennys and buy myself lots of shiny things :)

Ya know, coz operation buy dresses from awear went tits up... :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Tomorrow will be fun. :cool:
    Nom nom nom nom nom!!!!!!!! :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Hey RQ....gimme. I want cake.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Acoshla wrote: »
    Hey RQ....gimme. I want cake.

Don't you have lots of cake? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Don't you have lots of cake? :)

If someone else makes it it has less calories, especially chocolate biscuit cake. When I make it and see a pound of butter melting with chocolate and syrup my arteries clog just looking at it, if someone else makes it it's better! :)

And my cakes are for other people, which is good or I'd eat them ALL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Spoke to my brother and sister on Facebook tonight, first proper chat we've had this week, delighted to have finally spoken to them properly, esp after the week we've had.

Can't wait to see them, only a week and a bit left. Hope it flies by!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiine now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Spoke to my brother and sister on Facebook tonight, first proper chat we've had this week, delighted to have finally spoken to them properly, esp after the week we've had.

Can't wait to see them, only a week and a bit left. Hope it flies by!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiine now :D

Hard been away from the ole siblings alright isn't it! Have one in Oz and I miss them a lot! ESP at the moment when I'm going through something tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Another few posters gone (at least 2 for the exact same reason) in a fairly short period of time. :( That's a shame.

This is actually quite a well shot video on youtube:

Some people are so wonderfully creative.

And Links: Ewwwwwwwwww is the only response to the "incident" in your bathroom (let us not dare to speak of it! :P) It's a funny thing that you see in people's minds sometimes though. That what's clean under condition x is clean under condition y. Very awful though. /shudder
    At least you didn't let it spoil your night. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

LostGirly wrote: »
    Hard been away from the ole siblings alright isn't it! Have one in Oz and I miss them a lot! ESP at the moment when I'm going through something tough!
    It is hard, both of my siblings live in the U.K and I am in Ireland so I don't get to see them often.

We nearly lost our father this week so it was much harder than it usually is, especially with work/uni etc getting in the way.

At least I am going to see them soon, that is something to look forward too after this dreadful week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I ate so much Chinese. Food triplets!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement