Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

On Facebook, there's an ad with the tag line "Obey your body!" and a picture of Rob Kearney. My first thought: "Yeah, I'd be arrested..."

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Lower back pain going down through my hip and all the way down my leg. It gets particularly bad when I go to stand up, sit down or when I move in bed. I've been putting up with it for about a week now because, to be honest, I can't afford to go to the doctor, but I'm thinking now I have to.

God that sounds horrible, you poor thing :(

Sounds very like sciatica tbh, try the heat - must be something serious if you are getting little relief with the medication you were taking. Bets thing is to head to the doctor - might be able to give you something stronger for it

Mine sounds worse than it is,, pain wise - now that the physio has told me exactly what it is, I can do a lot of release work to help with it. Gonna be very sore tonight in my hip where she worked on, but much looser now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I'm having a particularly unclever day today. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Made Spinach and Potato soup, turned out too thick, so added some boiling water and then a chicken stock cube, now it's perfect. So delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ya know what, you could be right. Worst thing is, he knows where I live. Luckily lives about 1 1/2 hours away,but, still. Just not used to this psycho business.

:eek: That's scary.. It might be a good idea to go to the Gardai about this just so they know about it if you see what I'm getting at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Novella wrote: »
    I'm sorry :(

This thread always has me craving foods actually! I should probably back away!

It's ok... Ice cream wins over sickly stomach... Mars ice cream ftw!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Ben and Jerry's Dough-ble Whammy should never have been invented. As if Cookie Dough wasn't amazing enough. Now I can have cookie dough bits and some sort of magical chocolate goo. And it's half price in SuperValu.

Because cookie dough is rotten.

Acoshla wrote: »
    Because cookie dough is rotten.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    :eek: That's scary.. It might be a good idea to go to the Gardai about this just so they know about it if you see what I'm getting at.

I would feel really stupid going to the gardaí about that. It's just a text. There would be no point. I'll just play it by ear.

I would feel really stupid going to the gardaí about that. It's just a text. There would be no point. I'll just play it by ear.

Hmm. I guess. It is sort of a threat though. Keep the text if you haven't deleted it.

It's great the way my friend has loads of time to post links and comment on random stuff but has no time to chat to me. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm having a particularly unclever day today. :o

We all have them, don't worry - I said good morning to two people today when greeting them, one at 1.30pm and the other at 3.45pm :o Not awake at all!

Nope, not stupid at all, my Dad went to the guards over some texts last year, better to do that and have them know about it in the unfortunate event that something does happen, shows you were scared enough to be worried. Guards are nice about things like that.

If you were to go to the Gardaí, it wouldn't have to be a full-on accusation or whatever. It could just be to make them aware that there could be a potential problem down the line, or if someone else has reported similar issues with the same guy, that they'd know about it and be able to do more about it if/when necessary.

I know it seems trivial enough because it's 'just' a text, and I'm not trying to make you think it's more serious than it is, it quite possibly isn't serious at all. But it's not so much the fact that it's a text, but the intent behind it, that's what the Gardaí would be interested in. So if it continues, don't feel stupid about going to them, they won't think you're stupid at all.

Hopefully you'll have no more hassle from him though!

Acoshla wrote: »
    Nope, not stupid at all, my Dad went to the guards over some texts last year, better to do that and have them know about it in the unfortunate event that something does happen, shows you were scared enough to be worried. Guards are nice about things like that.

Actually you've just reminded me that I went to them about some random horrible phone calls I was getting about 4 or 5 years ago and I was really glad I did. They stopped after a couple of weeks, whoever it was just must have got bored when I didn't answer. They were scary though because they knew my name and said some vulgar things about me.

My iPod won't work. :(

Thought the battery went too low so plugged it in and not a kick out of it.

Just great. :mad:

EDIT: Seems to be working OK now, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Relaxing infront of the fire with Mr. Boyfriend, happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Relaxing infront of the fire with Mr. Boyfriend, happy days :D

I will never get bored of hearing about Mr. Boyfriend. Seriously. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Feeling depressed over being overweight. My body says have another skinny mocha but my mind says that it'll just repeat the cycle. Urgh.
    If only I lived in England. You can get gastric bypass surgery on the NHS, right? Seriously. After about 15 years spent yo-yoing, trying every ****ing diet and weight loss class under the sun, it looks like my only option.

Someone give me €15,000 please. *lesigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I will never get bored of hearing about Mr. Boyfriend. Seriously. :)
    Just read this and have a huge smile on my face, I think Mr.Boyfriend thinks I am losing the plot ...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Back from my first kickboxing lesson. I loved it, kicking and boxing and weight lifting, i think a year of this and i will be fit as a fiddle. Goona pay for it in the morning can feel my muscles burning, pushed my self so hard i nearly fainted after kicking the c**p out of a punch bag.

My daughter loved it too, think she is going to cut down on horse riding lessons so she can do it...

• Advertisement

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Just read this and have a huge smile on my face, I think Mr.Boyfriend thinks I am losing the plot ...... :D

Ellieh I agree with Novella, ye make me feel all warm and fuzzy :) I love watching love stories and people's lives develop, fascinates me.

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Great, now I want ice cream, thanks Novella :P

Unfortunately I can't, f**king difene has my stomach in bits :/

Your supposed to take it on a full tummy, my husband gets a bad tummy from too much difene (for gout) .

McChubbin wrote: »
    Feeling depressed over being overweight. My body says have another skinny mocha but my mind says that it'll just repeat the cycle. Urgh.
    If only I lived in England. You can get gastric bypass surgery on the NHS, right? Seriously. After about 15 years spent yo-yoing, trying every ****ing diet and weight loss class under the sun, it looks like my only option.

*Hugs*

There is a lot of talk about weight loss at the moment, Im one of them i never thought i would lose weight. Never. It took an illness to push start me and once i started i havent stopped. Its not the same for everyone, its bloody hard..

It helps to talk about it though, spilling it on here will help... ;)

My brother has my laptop. Again. *sigh* The sooner the better his own is bloody fixed. I was gone to the shop for 5 minutes to get milk, had Facebook and Boards logged in and when I came back he had just taken it. :mad:

McChubbin wrote: »

God no you don't want bariatric surgery :eek:

I'm in the same boat though, tbh. The motivation to lose weight is lacking. Even though I *know* I'd be so much happier. It's the doing it that seems so difficult :( Really have to get my act together this summer.

WesternNight you just described me to a tee. I know I need to do it, I'd be so much happier if I did but I just don't have the motivation to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    My brother has my laptop. Again. *sigh* The sooner the better his own is bloody fixed. I was gone to the shop for 5 minutes to get milk, had Facebook and Boards logged in and when I came back he had just taken it. :mad:
    Take it back from him! He should have asked your permission.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Take it back from him! He should have asked your permission.
    +1.

When I don't want someone using my laptop I turn off the guest account and have a password on my own account so I 'lock' my computer and no one can use it without my password.

I'm taking it back soon. I dunno wtf he did to his own one. This is the second time it's been broken. :mad:

• Advertisement

God no you don't want bariatric surgery :eek:

I'm in the same boat though, tbh. The motivation to lose weight is lacking. Even though I *know* I'd be so much happier. It's the doing it that seems so difficult :( Really have to get my act together this summer.

I'm the same atm - have no football training that I would normally be going to and I've no motivation to lose weight. I'm eating absolute rubbish all the time because of being in such a rush getting to college, and now I'm happier reaching for crap food rather than good food.

If I could take the great advice I give to people about losing weight and increasing their daily activity level, I'd be as fit as a fiddle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement