Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Aww I know the feeling! I've made friends here and we have our night out every Thursday and sometimes a Friday or Saturday but I'd really like to get closer to a few of the girls. Like go shopping or for some food or the cinema at the weekend you know. Even just a tv night in would be fine with me!

Yep I'd love to have tv nights in with my best friend but she never leaves her boyfriend at night so not gonna happen. All my other friends live too far away, so when we do meet up it's generally for flying visits. I was the first official guest in my other friend and her boyfriend's new flat last weekend though! Tv, chat, biccies and tv, good night! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Absolutely gutted about the rugby. I can totally understand why they had to cancel it, but it's f*cking ridiculous calling it off two minutes before KO, with 80,000 fans in the stadium. Was really looking forward to it all day, and feel like my Saturday night is ruined, so can't even imagine how all the fans in the stadium felt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Muffin why dont you book one of the citydeal or living social getaways

mariebeth wrote: »
    Absolutely gutted about the rugby. I can totally understand why they had to cancel it, but it's f*cking ridiculous calling it off two minutes before KO, with 80,000 fans in the stadium. Was really looking forward to it all day, and feel like my Saturday night is ruined, so can't even imagine how all the fans in the stadium felt.

I don't even follow rugby but couldn't believe they did that, all those poor fans that went all that way to see it and paid a fortune :( Surely they knew long before it was meant to start that it wasn't going to happen, nothing major was going to change 1-3 hours before it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Would love to be out with some girlies tonight but I'm on my ownies!!

will make the best of a bad situation though and continue to clear out my wardrobe. I've done my bags, need to get the clothes and shoes soon!

Getting them all up on adverts and ebay me thinks!

Anything too bad or crappy to sell I might do a car boot sale or take them to a charity shop depending on how much there is of it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm actually giving genuine consideration to applying for postgrads in Dublin :eek::confused:
    Ooooh, any particular colleges? Apply anyway!
    I'm bricking it about the possibility of going back to college next year but I have applied for a course and am letting fate (and the college admissions board) decide. At least applying leaves your options open. :)
    bubblefett wrote: »
    I love you!!!
    Yaaaaaaaaay!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Acoshla wrote: »
    Yep I'd love to have tv nights in with my best friend but she never leaves her boyfriend at night so not gonna happen. All my other friends live too far away, so when we do meet up it's generally for flying visits. I was the first official guest in my other friend and her boyfriend's new flat last weekend though! Tv, chat, biccies and tv, good night! :)

Yeah all the girls here have boyfriends, I know I'm not single but my boyfriend doesn't live here so I have a lot of free time. So if one of them at least was single she might be more willing to hang out!

Eating is my favourite and I'd love to try some of the restaurants here. I don't mind going for lunch by myself at all, but I feel a bit weird going to the evening places alone!

I have only been here a month though. Going out next Friday night with a different student group so hopefully will meet more new people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

bluewolf wrote: »
    Muffin why dont you book one of the citydeal or living social getaways
    I had a look at them after reading this and currently they haven't got any we'd be interested in.

We want somewhere that's not too expensive, had things to go (sightseeing, shopping, tourist things etc), that we can walk around (we don't want to rely on taxi's all the time).

Flights to NYC JFK are nearly €500 for both of us plus accommodation plus spending money. Far too expensive for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Posy wrote: »
    That's unreal. I don't know much about rugby, but should they not have known before all the people came to the stadium that this would happen! Poor fans that flew over for the game. :(

They did know. The pitch has been frozen all week. They've had it covered for the last couple of days so it was always going to freeze almost immediately after the cover came off.

Disastrous handling of the whole thing :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Well muffin ryanair have flights to budapest for a tenner each way until middle of march if thats any good and its a cheap place :) pragur was cheap when i was there too and it's lovely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

They did know. The pitch has been frozen all week. They've had it covered for the last couple of days so it was always going to freeze almost immediately after the cover came off.

Disastrous handling of the whole thing :mad:

Why was is being played so late in the day as well. I don't really follow rugby but I can't see why you would schedule a pitch game at 9pm in Feb? Did they have any underground heating or were they just going on above ground cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Last night I slept for 14 hours. I'm not sure whether to be proud of that, or slightly ashamed.

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Why was is being played so late in the day as well. I don't really follow rugby but I can't see why you would schedule a pitch game at 9pm in Feb? Did they have any underground heating or were they just going on above ground cover.

Your guess is as good as mine on that one. Though apparently it wouldn't have made any difference what time of the day it was. It'd still have frozen over with temperatures and it having been covered.

And no, no underpitch heating. Which is madness.

Posy wrote: »
    Ooooh, any particular colleges? Apply anyway!
    I'm bricking it about the possibility of going back to college next year but I have applied for a course and am letting fate (and the college admissions board) decide. At least applying leaves your options open. :)

UCD. Closing date is March 15th though so I have to move quickly :o

Muffin what about Edinburgh, Amsterdam, London?

Watching uk&ire next top m, funny how amateur it seems compared to usa, and how you can pick out the irish girl a mile off at a glance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I had a look at them after reading this and currently they haven't got any we'd be interested in.

We want somewhere that's not too expensive, had things to go (sightseeing, shopping, tourist things etc), that we can walk around (we don't want to rely on taxi's all the time).

Flights to NYC JFK are nearly €500 for both of us plus accommodation plus spending money. Far too expensive for us.

Would you go to the UK? Me and my boyfriend went to Manchester last year. Flights were dirt cheap and loads to do, great shopping, we either walked around or got the bus. Took a day trip to Alton Towers too which was unreal fun. Rollercoasters are my favourite though.

I love Barcelona, flights there can be expensive though because the Ryanair flights are awful to it. Went to Rome last year with friends and had a great time, Ryanair flies to an airport that's just as close as the main one. All the sights in Rome are really close to each other bar a few that you can get the metro too.

I cannot wait to finish college here and travel! Hoping to do a cross Canada tour, if I can get my course done in time >_<

bluewolf wrote: »
    Well muffin ryanair have flights to budapest for a tenner each way until middle of march if thats any good and its a cheap place :) pragur was cheap when i was there too and it's lovely
    Cheers Bluewolf, I've a few places listed and Budapest is one of them :D

Looking at Barcelona now.

What's Paris like? Is it expensive?

Muffin what about Edinburgh, Amsterdam, London?
    My boyfriend was thinking of Edinburgh and London too, only thing is, we've both been to London (me a few times) and will probably be going over in the summer anyway to visit my family, hence why we were looking at Europe.

Amsterdam doesn't really interest us, the Netherlands in general doesn't, not reason why, just not somewhere we've any interest in visiting.
    Would you go to the UK? Me and my boyfriend went to Manchester last year. Flights were dirt cheap and loads to do, great shopping, we either walked around or got the bus. Took a day trip to Alton Towers too which was unreal fun. Rollercoasters are my favourite though.

I love Barcelona, flights there can be expensive though because the Ryanair flights are awful to it. Went to Rome last year with friends and had a great time, Ryanair flies to an airport that's just as close as the main one. All the sights in Rome are really close to each other bar a few that you can get the metro too.

I cannot wait to finish college here and travel! Hoping to do a cross Canada tour, if I can get my course done in time >_<
    We could do the U.K but as I said above, we might be going to London during the summer to visit my family anyway, Alton Towers is a no-go for my boyfriend, he gets migraines from the rides/roller-coaster's unfortunately :(

I'm looking at Barcelona now, he was there before and loved it too :D

I'm looking at Barcelona now, he was there before and loved it too :D

Barcelona is one of my most favourite places ever. Thoroughly recommend. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Eh I thought the flash ads on youtube and that were based on your browsing history...the majority coming up on my computer lately have been for asian dating sites :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Lovely muffin, paris is supposed to be expensive alright.

What about prague? Its beautiful and cheap for drink (average prices for food).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

bluewolf what channel is uk top model on?

A girl in the top 13 of a model show 'oh this is only the 2nd time ive ever worn heels and i dont know how to catwalk' eh? Sky livingit

Lived in barcelona for a year loved it

Barcelona is one of my most favourite places ever. Thoroughly recommend. :D
    Is it expensive? Is there lots to do? Is the shopping good?
    Tigger99 wrote: »
    Lovely muffin, paris is supposed to be expensive alright.

What about prague? Its beautiful and cheap for drink (average prices for food).
    Aye I thought that :( Shame as it looks stunning from the pics on Google Images.

Prague doesn't appeal to me, don't know, it just doesn't interest me. :o

Muffin Rome is fab and not too expensive, I was there in October and adored it, planning to go back this summer already. Pity the Netherlands don't interest you, Amsterdam is gorgeous and really reasonable, nighttime cruises on the canals are so romantic! :)

Muffin Rome is fab and not too expensive, I was there in October and adored it, planning to go back this summer already. Pity the Netherlands don't interest you, Amsterdam is gorgeous and really reasonable, nighttime cruises on the canals are so romantic! :)
    I was looking at Rome, is it very religious and is it expensive?

Neither of us are religious at all.

We sound so picky, but we're not, honest!

Anyone know what Germany is like?

Is it expensive? Is there lots to do? Is the shopping good?

I don't remember it being particularly expensive. Loads to do! Not sure about shopping, it's not on my holiday to-do list generally (woman status is in danger of being revoked tbh!)

Vienna is lovely as well. A teeny bit more expensive though possibly, if I remember correctly.

When I was there (about 4 or 5 years ago) you could get a Vienna card for about €15 for 3 days (?) which covered pretty much all main public transport (which is very good), and also gave discounts to lots of restaurants/shops/touristy places. Ended up being very good value if you plan it right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

muffin, what about Krakow? It's meant to be great. Haven't been myself but lurk the Travel forum quite a bit and it's very popular over there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement