Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Came home from work to find a flurry of ants had discovered my stash of Oxo beef stock cubes - my treasured treats in a country where beef is forbidden. Spent the last 20 minutes spraying the ants with all the chemicals I could find, then mopping up the hundreds of tiny little corpses. Awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

aaargh, I just sent an email to a professional from my college email and forgot to include a subject line, so then I had to send the email again with the subject line and a little note saying I'm sending it again because I forgot the subject on the last one and it's not spam it's really important.

Not a good first impression. I is a ditz :p
    I wish our college email system had the same thing as gmail where it makes you confirm that you want to send an email with no subject line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Just took my English text over to M&S in Liffey Valley for lunch, right little suntrap they have over there :)

Lunch was, of course, the study special of coffee and a fag...

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Just took my English text over to M&S in Liffey Valley for lunch, right little suntrap they have over there :)

Lunch was, of course, the study special of coffee and a fag...

That lunch sounds perfect today actually!

Just had assessor here, looks like he's going to recommend writing off the car :D I shouldn't be happy, but there always has to be a silver lining! And that's the fact that I'm getting a new car, and that it happened this month instead of next month, after I'd had my NCT done, bought 3 new tyres and gotten a little thing fixed in the car. Most importantly I came out of the accident relatively uninjured, so it's all good. So things have worked out a lot better than they could have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Posy wrote: »
    Dollymount strand. :pac:
    Only live about 20 minutes walk to the seafront. :)

I've never been to Galway but after such nice descriptions of it in this thread I'll have to pop over at some stage. (plus I hear there is cake..) :cool:
    You are so lucky. I would love to live so close to a beach.

The walk along the promenade is lovely, along the front of the houses and then down the promenade down to the beach.

I'm hoping to himself up there soon for a day :pac:
    You doing OK?

So tempted to book a new tattoo this week.
    Yeah I'm doing OK now thanks.

Still tired and the heat is getting to me a little, but I'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

In the library in college... 18 degrees outside... how unfair is this? Want to be at the beach with my baby!!!!

Oh well just 1500 words to go... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Brunch was a sucess!
    Pancakes, smoothies, apple scones, chocolate cake and nutella cookies :D

Does anyone else hate the music that those Ice Cream vans play, or am I alone?

After seeing the van though, I do want an ice cream, a 99 with a flake and raspberry sauce and sprinkles on it, always used to get them as a kid. Loved them.

Nowhere near me sells them, well not until the Summer time anyway.:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

they do them in the local shops

probs more hygenic too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

bluewolf wrote: »

probs more hygenic too

There are strict health and safety laws for those vans and they are checked regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

probs more hygenic too

One of the girls on my course said the other day "there's no toilet in the back of those vans... where do you think they go!" :eek::eek::eek::eek:

probs more hygenic too
    No shops near me do them until May/June usually :(

I'm based in Mullingar, so if anyone knows of anywhere that does them in the town centre, I'd love to know.
    Lola92 wrote: »
    One of the girls on my course said the other day "there's no toilet in the back of those vans... where do you think they go!" :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    This reminds me of when I was younger and my mother told me those vans are never cleaned, so I could get dust and spiders and rats and lots of horrible things in my ice cream.

I was about five at the time and haven't bought anything from those vans since. :o

I do love a twister ice cream though, mmmm or the rainbow towers, yum!

Haven't seen rainbow towers for year though, they were 50p and huge. Remember one time my uncle brought myself and my younger cousin to the shop for some sweeties and I got a rainbow tower and my cousin got a maxi twist and when we got back to the house my auntie said to me "well you must've gotten the most expensive ice cream", it was the cheaper ice cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Yeh my mother told me there was spiders in ice cream that came from a van.

I was never a fan of sprinkles or sauce and they always used to pile it on.

I tried the new Magnum infinity yesterday. It was gross. So gross as in I took a bite and then spit it back out. Maybe it's because I'm sick though that I think everything tastes 'off'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I was never allowed get 99s from the van when I was a child, my dad used to say they never cleaned the machines and other, worse things.

Which makes absolutely no sense now that I think about it :mad: I guess it was just my parents sneaky way of making sure they didn't have to pay for icecream every time I heard the van coming?

• Administrators Posts: 53,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

God i'd love a 99! i'm still on the bus. thank fook only 10 minutes till i get home!!

Gauge wrote: »
    I was never allowed get 99s from the van when I was a child, my dad used to say they never cleaned the machines and other, worse things.

Which makes absolutely no sense now that I think about it :mad: I guess it was just my parents sneaky way of making sure they didn't have to pay for icecream every time I heard the van coming?

Or they could have tried that other chestnut of telling you that when the van played music, it meant they'd run out of ice-cream...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

The icecream van that drives past my house blares out trance music :p
    He turns on "pop goes the weasel" when he gets around the corner, think my streets just on his route to work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Are we related?? :eek: That's what my Dad always said to us. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Or they could have tried that other chestnut of telling you that when the van played music, it meant they'd run out of ice-cream...

Jason Manford did it best in his routine :)

http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/jason_manford_live/press/

• Advertisement

I guess it was just my parents sneaky way of making sure they didn't have to pay for icecream every time I heard the van coming?
    I'm assuming that was my mothers reasoning for telling me that the vans weren't clean.

Every time I see/hear one of those vans, I think of that story and shudder.

Theme tune from Roger Ramjet stuck in your head all day afterwards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Or how 'bout the ones that come around at night that apparently sell drugs? Never figured out if that was an urban legend or not!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Ever wanted to ask Lucyfur a question? Well now is your chance! New Loungelight thread in the private forum!

1191862800-1191704001672.jpg

*If you want to join the private forum, the instructions are here

• Administrators Posts: 53,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Just bought loads of nice fruit, I think the warm weather makes me want to eat more virtuously :D

When I was working yesterday, lots of customers still ordered big Sunday dinners, even though it was glorious outside. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd want a barbecue or a salad on a day like today, not roast beef!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

We were never allowed ice cream from ice cream vans either, because my Mum said it was unhygienic... She never went as far as saying there were spiders in them though!

There was this one ice cream van that was always doing the rounds near my old flat, even in winter, the sound that stupid tinkly music used to drive me mental when I was trying to do essays :mad: They probably were selling drugs, it was that sort of area

EmilyO wrote: »
    When I was working yesterday, lots of customers still ordered big Sunday dinners, even though it was glorious outside. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd want a barbecue or a salad on a day like today, not roast beef!

Don't understand that at all. Mind you, I wouldn't want Sunday dinner even in the middle of winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Got my before and after pics up... :O

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77789640&postcount=2841

My daughter took the pic yesterday and was holding the camera really low so still looks like i have a hugh ASSSSSSSS.

Oh well :(

Weekend went great, daughter confirmation is over, my mother in law was 75 and we went to the beach, 22 degrees in kilkee, was fab :)

off there again next weekend, weather permitting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Don't understand that at all. Mind you, I wouldn't want Sunday dinner even in the middle of winter.

Well I like my Sunday dinners when it's not particularly warm out. But I lose my appetite in really hot weather...well, except where ice cream is concerned :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement