Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Go Monthly ticket

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

I just turned off the auto renew of my sky go monthly ticket

I will renew it on the 30th april 2012 for man city v man utd for one more month

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

ftakeith wrote: »
    I just turned off the auto renew of my sky go monthly ticket

I will renew it on the 30th april 2012 for man city v man utd for one more month
    So?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

sky sports/entertainment package is €50 through sky go monthly ticket, compared to €59 through the normal sky satellite tv service
    €50 a month to watch tv via the internet ,you are having a laugh ,thats a rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

sky sports/entertainment package is €50 through sky go monthly ticket, compared to €59 through the normal sky satellite tv service

Would it not be better to get sky installed? For and extra €9 a month you would have a sky box and sky go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I'd give up. He must be trolling at this stage.

• Advertisement

its €70 for a match ticket to see ulster v edinburgh today
    another €10 for refreshments maybe

so I got the sports, movies and entertainment for €55 through the sky go monthly ticket
    after a few minutes I un-renewed my subscription
    so my subscription will end on 27/5/12

there are 14 films that I want to see and have not seen yet so I will see them in a few weeks where I decide the times to watch
    its cheaper then going to the cinema
    as its €7-€10 to see one film

I wanted to watch some pay tv for very little cost

so I got the sky go monthly ticket for the month of may
    I got the sky entertainment, sky sports and sky movies packages for €55
    but it did not cost me €55 as I split the costs with a family member so its only €27.50 per month
    with sky go two users per sky go monthly ticket account can use it at any time and you are not tied to a 12months contract
    the family member lives in another part of dublin with decent broadband alongside freesat/saorview
    with the movies package you can cherrypick all the movies content from sky anytime through sky go
    For me I cherrypicked 14 movies I never saw before so it worked out cheaper than going to the cinema
    also you can set up the sky go desktop to download programmes from sky atlantic or sky movies and bypass all the ads

also Sky are setting up their 'Now TV' service in the next few weeks so the costs will come down so 2 different people can cut the costs further and its legal

if you have a netflix here can 2 people use the same account on 2 different pcs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I wanted to watch some pay tv for very little cost

so I got the sky go monthly ticket for the month of may
    I got the sky entertainment, sky sports and sky movies packages for €55
    but it did not cost me €55 as I split the costs with a family member so its only €27.50 per month
    with sky go two users per sky go monthly ticket account can use it at any time and you are not tied to a 12months contract
    the family member lives in another part of dublin with decent broadband alongside freesat/saorview
    with the movies package you can cherrypick all the movies content from sky anytime through sky go
    For me I cherrypicked 14 movies I never saw before so it worked out cheaper than going to the cinema
    also you can set up the sky go desktop to download programmes from sky atlantic or sky movies and bypass all the ads

also Sky are setting up their 'Now TV' service in the next few weeks so the costs will come down so 2 different people can cut the costs further and its legal

if you have a netflix here can 2 people use the same account on 2 different pcs
    Rupert would be proud.

sky go monthly ticket is better value than upc's on demand service

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Well at least Sky have gone in the right direction with their subscription service, the Pay As You Go model rarely works unless the content is available on multiple devices (ala Apple). But it is still way overpriced! It'll be interesting to see how NowTV stacks up against Netflix, Sly do have the upper hand with all 4 major studios under their belt and with all the exclusive HBO content!

• Advertisement
    byte

sky go monthly ticket is better value than upc's on demand service
    I'm not sure how €55 per month for a few compressed web streams is good value, compared to broadcast.

byte wrote: »
    I'm not sure how €55 per month for a few compressed web streams is good value, compared to broadcast.

its €27.50 actually if you split the costs down the middle with another person and you are not tied to a 12months contract

its the legal process to scam sky for cheap pay tv

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

May I ask you what channels you actually receive with this service?

Sky 1
    Sky Living
    Sky Atlantic
    GOLD
    Sky Livingit
    MTV
    Sky Arts 1
    Sky Movie Channels
    Sky Sports Channels
    Sky Sports Xtra (usually red button stuff)
    ESPN
    ESPN Classic
    Sky News
    National Geographic
    Nat Geo Wild
    History
    Eden
    Crime
    Cartoon Network
    Boomerang
    Nickelodeon
    Disney XD
    Disney Channel
    Nick Junior

also all the sky sports and sky movies tv channels, also all the on demand content from sky movies so you can ignore the sky movies tv channels

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

It is a rip off so when compared to the Sky satellite service. Am I correct in saying that a Sky tv sub will give you this for free anyway?

byte

Yeah, it's free addon.

You need, of course, to subscribe to Movies and Sports, if you want the Movies and Sports part of Go. Channels available are relative to your subscription.

byte wrote: »
    Yeah, it's free addon.

You need, of course, to subscribe to Movies and Sports, if you want the Movies and Sports part of Go. Channels available are relative to your subscription.

I got the sky go monthly ticket until 6th jan 2013

I got it because of rugby, football, sky atlantic, and loads of movies on demand

there is no buffering with upc broadband with ethernet cable connects the modem, tv and laptop

€55 per month for everything and this price won't go up by sky

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

€55 per month for everything and this price won't go up by sky
    How do you get all the sports and movies for €55 a month?

What makes you think that Sky wont put your price up in February?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭zg3409

muffler wrote: »
    How do you get all the sports and movies for €55 a month?

I think that price is for UPC internet and Sky online only, with no dish and no Sky box. You just use your laptop for everything. However the online offerings are not the same as on the TV. Many shows etc are not available through the website.

zg3409 wrote: »
    I think that price is for UPC internet and Sky online only, with no dish and no Sky box. You just use your laptop for everything. However the online offerings are not the same as on the TV. Many shows etc are not available through the website.

its like having tv service and you can cherrypick the times you want pay tv, its cheaper and the prices won't increase in february 2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

I split the costs with a family member so its only €27.50 per month
    with sky go two users per sky go monthly ticket account can use it at any time

I looked for this online and couldn't find anything about it.
    Can you please put a link to a sky page where they clearly state that a sky go monthly ticket can be used by 2 users?

Thanks

Amouar wrote: »
    I looked for this online and couldn't find anything about it.
    Can you please put a link to a sky page where they clearly state that a sky go monthly ticket can be used by 2 users?

Thanks

http://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/sky-go/monthly-pass-upgrade/

its not advertised by sky as its 20% cheaper than the relevant sky tv packages

also one person sets up the account and then 2 people can use the same sky go account

always make sure you go to 'view subscriptions' when you are set up and 'turn off' your subscription or you will be charged when the first month ends, its cherrypicking pay tv the legal way

Advertisement