Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Go Monthly ticket

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Nothing but Sky Go is limited to two devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Whats to stop someone with a home sky package giving out their log in details for sky go so they can watch it for free?
    Have that myself from my parents Sky subscription (thanks btw if you're reading!) but I don't use it that often unless there's something I specifically want to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

I like the sound of this. For me, the 12 month was the deciding factor for me not to get Sky. Now, I can try it on a monthly basis and pick and choice when I want to watch. Very good move by Sky. :)

I'll be able to check out Sky's F1 coverage now. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

I like the sound of this. For me, the 12 month was the deciding factor for me not to get Sky. Now, I can try it on a monthly basis and pick and choice when I want to watch. Very good move by Sky. :)

I'll be able to check out Sky's F1 coverage now. :D

ask a friend to share the costs, you can save money

thursday week I will check out mad men series 5 on sky through my sky go monthly ticket
    I don't watch live tv

then April series 2 of game of thrones begins

• Advertisement

http://corporate.sky.com/media/press_releases/2012/now_tv

sky's new internet service coming soon

new name for sky go monthly ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Just in case ANYONE doesnt realise it. SKY have not unbundled their Sports Package. You still have to pay for the Entertainment pack as well.

€50 to use your broadband to stream sports. No Thanks.

Who is going to tell those poor souls with basic Eircom Broadband that their bills will be "Sky" high when they exceed their download allowance!

3G - I would love to see that streaming Sky.... ha bloody ha!

FTA Keith's account must have been hacked :)

STB wrote: »
    Just in case ANYONE doesnt realise it. SKY have not unbundled their Sports Package. You still have to pay for the Entertainment pack as well.

€50 to use your broadband to stream sports. No Thanks.

Who is going to tell those poor souls with basic Eircom Broadband that their bills will be "Sky" high when they exceed their download allowance!

3G - I would love to see that streaming Sky.... ha bloody ha!

FTA Keith's account must have been hacked :)

I have 20 meg upc broadband only

I have sky entertainment package for €18 per month through sky go monthly ticket, I share with a family member in another area of uk/ireland, so it only cost me €9 per month, I will finish it by the end of june 2012

Sky's Now TV should wipe out netflix ireland in a few months, but I predict netflix, sky and content holders will come together to offer mostly the same content apart from live sport on sky's now tv service
    sky's now service could stop the increase of illegal web streaming of live sport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

ftakeith wrote: »
    I have 20 meg upc broadband only

I have sky entertainment package for €18 per month through sky go monthly ticket, I share with a family member in another area of uk/ireland, so it only cost me €9 per month, I will finish it by the end of june 2012

Sky's Now TV should wipe out netflix ireland in a few months, but I predict netflix, sky and content holders will come together to offer mostly the same content apart from live sport on sky's now tv service
    sky's now service could stop the increase of illegal web streaming of live sport

Cant see Sky NOW being less then 7e a month so I say Netflix be ok
    and also cant see Sky NOW service where you can just buy 1 match for say 5e ( it will be the whole month or nothing at all ) so illegal web streaming will continue ( until Sean Sherlock sorts it out )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

http://corporate.sky.com/media/press_releases/2012/now_tv

sky's new internet service coming soon

new name for sky go monthly ticket

I would'nt be so sure about Sky NOW being available in ROI, this taken from Sky press release on Digital Spy :

Sky has said that it will be available to anyone in the UK on any connected devices, regardless of whether they take Sky Broadband.

Hopefully it will be available in ROI, but we're normally last to get any new Sky products, sometimes up to a year or two later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I never thought I'd see the day when FTAKeith would be extolling the virtues of Sky on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I never thought I'd see the day when FTAKeith would be extolling the virtues of Sky on boards.ie

He must have been compromised by Sky ;)

He must have been compromised by Sky ;)

illegal streaming sites content are getting bad

now tv will cover uk and ireland

sky count ireland as part of the uk except regional prices

Isn't that against the terms of the service?
    sky count ireland as part of the uk except regional prices

Do they really? That's why Anytime+ is not being launched here is it?

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Isn't that against the terms of the service?

Do they really? That's why Anytime+ is not being launched here is it?

sky go monthly ticket's covers 2 used devices at one time

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/mar/22/netflix-bskyb-movies-regulation

I expect netflix and sky to do a deal on content in the next few months

sky go monthly ticket's covers 2 used devices at one time

Does it cover use by two different people living in two different households?

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Does it cover use by two different people living in two different households?
    yes

I am in Crumlin

the other is in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Sky's NOW TV (ridiculous name to be honest) will launch this summer. It will give users the option to sign up to Sky Sports/Movies online for a monthly fee, or to pay for a Movie/Match on a Pay-as-you-Go basis. Sky Go will still stay the same, but will be more focused as a additional benefit for Sky customers. I assume that means they will be getting rid of the Monthly Ticket on Sky Go, can't see the point of offering two!

http://www.nowtv.com/

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I expect netflix and sky to do a deal on content in the next few months
    Why would Sky do that?

byte wrote: »
    Why would Sky do that?
    Well the Competition Commission in the UK has made a number of recommendations in their report on Sky's monopoly in the Video-On-Demand market, with their exclusive deals with the major Movie Studios. One of their recommendations was to licence out their rights to Third Parties. But since Netflix has come onto the market, and Lovefilm has taken off significantly in the UK, the Commission has re-opened the case as it appears Sky don't have as much of a monopoly as originally thought!

• Advertisement

Dman001 wrote: »
    Well the Competition Commission in the UK has made a number of recommendations in their report on Sky's monopoly in the Video-On-Demand market, with their exclusive deals with the major Movie Studios. One of their recommendations was to licence out their rights to Third Parties. But since Netflix has come onto the market, and Lovefilm has taken off significantly in the UK, the Commission has re-opened the case as it appears Sky don't have as much of a monopoly as originally thought!

I am on day off today

nothing decent in the cinemas

So I used Sky's rent in the store

to order 'the whistleblower' for €3.49
    and 'traitor' for €1.99

films that I did not see yet

no need for premier seats here

watched the first 2 episodes of mad men series 5 tonight

a 20 seconds ad on the 20minutes mark in each episode

sky go OD is much better than live tv

What do you plan on watching tomorrow and the day after?

The beauty about Sky Go is they add old content every month. So this month was Season 1 of The Borgias, Boardwalk Empire, The Middle etc, and come tomorrow/Monday they'll replace it with more content!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Anyone on here watch Sky go on a Apple Tv?

Whats the quality like?

got sky sports on the sky go monthly ticket, upgraded myself no phone call required, I'll will unrenew it later this month

I will cancel sky sports on the 24th april 2012
    it will only cost another €18, as I upgraded today instead of the 25th day of each month

sky go monthly ticket is the cheapest pay tv package around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

James__10 wrote: »
    Anyone on here watch Sky go on a Apple Tv?

Whats the quality like?

How do you get it to work on AppleTV? You can't stream it through AirPlay from iPhone - you only get audio.

sky sports/entertainment package is €50 through sky go monthly ticket, compared to €59 through the normal sky satellite tv service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

sky sports/entertainment package is €50 through sky go monthly ticket, compared to €59 through the normal sky satellite tv service

But you dont get the full entertainment pack though

• Advertisement

Not a good deal.
    campo wrote: »
    But you dont get the full entertainment pack though

Also as it is a streaming service the picture quality is not the same as via satellite.

No doubt a retort about using Anytime will come back from Sky Go's number one fan boy. But all Sky tv customers have access to it anyway through the Sky website.

Advertisement