Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mosley vs Conelo Alverez

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

• Registered Users Posts: 55,165 ✭✭✭✭walshb

My neck hurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭runboyrun

Alvarez is rated extremely high due to his future potential, not his current state!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Some of the comments in here are bizarre. Saying a 21year old on the up would be beaten by a prime Mosley is slightly mental and is pointless. Going to be a great night of boxing. Floyd on points and Alverez by TKO with Mosley just sitting in the chair out of gas.

walshb wrote: »
    My neck hurts.

can't you lie on your side or sumfing ........... :)

Marvsins ......... Mosley in his prime was THE p4p #1 in the world, by some margin..... people forget that cause there wasn't so much sky sports and internet activity back then.

Canelo dosent compare

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

can't you lie on your side or sumfing ........... :)

Marvsins ......... Mosley in his prime was THE p4p #1 in the world, by some margin..... people forget that cause there wasn't so much sky sports and internet activity back then.

Canelo dosent compare

As I said earlier, Alvarez is still only 21.

Come back in 15 years time and we'll compare them prime VS prime then.

ok , I'll be back in 2026 ..........

still think Canelo is taylor-made for Mosley.

Can't wait..........6/1 ? going to make a fortune off this one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Do you guys think Alvarez when he reaches his prime will be as good/better than Mosley in his prime?

No way , he's a money backed artificially promoted fighter .
    He's getting it all handed to him .

He's far too slow for a 21 year old...

Just watch Mosley take this kid to school

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

I never said Mosely of a few years ago beats Alvarez, I said he KO's him 9/10. Different point and certainly a valid/debatable one. Also Alvarez had had 40 odd fights! Shane was beating Oscar after less! Ok so I understand people are talking about 'potential' but I still think his potential is overrated. Would still love to see Alvarez-JCC Jr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

I don't see Alvarez as a fraud at all, I can't see him ever being as good as a prime Mosley though. P4P I don't see him becoming as fast and powerful as Mosley was. I don't see his skills reaching the same level either although I wouldn't totally rule it out

Alvarez is a bigger man than Mosley was at the same age, and considrably so. Apples and oranges here. Let Alvarez keep developing and improving. As for technique and fluidity with the hands, Saul is very neat and skilled, every bit as proficient as any vesrion of Mosley at Mosley's younger years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

At 40 Im sure Mosley has had his day i am hoping for a win for the younger man at 21 he has it all in front of him

walshb wrote: »
    As for technique and fluidity with the hands, Saul is ...... every bit as proficient as any version of Mosley at Mosley's younger years.

No ..... just No !

Am I missing something about Canelo ? I just dont see the same things that you all see in him .

The only thing I see when I look at Canelo , is that he is absolutely massive for his weight.

Cant see the speed , cant see the superior skill .

Im expecting 7/1 on Mosley by fight night .
    I'm on it alone ..............

Rich I tell thee ...... RICHHHHH :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭megadodge

Can you genuinely not see the skill?

Are you just anti-ginger? :D

This kid has some beautiful moves. Little feints, beautiful selection of punches, all of them thrown very technically correct and usually in combination.

So what if he doesn't have Roy Jones speed. Very few do. He's no slower than Julio Cesar Chavez and he certainly didn't have a bad career.

No ..... just No !

Am I missing something about Canelo ? I just dont see the same things that you all see in him .

The only thing I see when I look at Canelo , is that he is absolutely massive for his weight.

Cant see the speed , cant see the superior skill .

Im expecting 7/1 on Mosley by fight night .
    I'm on it alone ..............

Rich I tell thee ...... RICHHHHH :p

You see no fluidity, movements, synchronicity and text book punching? He throws beautiful smooth and clean punches. Very composed, balanced and has great tempo and rhythm in his boxing. Shane was very good, but to me, not as naturally relaxed or fluid when committing to attacks.

In simpler terms, he looks like a boxer! Certainly punches and moves like one. As for speed, he's JMW, apart from the likes of SRL, Oscar and Hearns, there were many very good JMW men that were not blessed with pure speed. Mike McCallum, Julian Jackson, even Winky Wright and Tito were far from speedsters. And, this "lack" of speed hasn't affected him yet.

alvarez-mosley%20%281%29.jpg

Advertisement