Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK reg car, no log book, urgent

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The OP has still not explained why he took the car without the documents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thread cleaned up.No naming and shaming, it doesn't serve any purpose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Ive read the thread fine, the OP is confused and hasnt gone about this in a structured way simply because she doesnt know what she needs or is entitled to. Telling her to contact Joe duffy who has never sorted a real world problem in his life or call the guards who will offer no help in a civil case like this are both typical boards responses that are all guff and no substance.

I agree that the OP does seem confused, hence why they are seeking advice. It does appear though that he / she has asked enough questions of the vendor and the time has gone on long enough to give the vendor sufficient time to supply the required information & documentation. The vendor knows well what the customer is looking for so why can't he supply the information?

I do agree a more forcefull approach by the customer may be better than a timid one, but that does not suit everyone, some people can not stand up for themseles as well as others can, and just maybe the vendor is taking advantage of a weak customer in this regard.

In what way is a consumer making a purchase from a registered dealer and not being supplied with relevant documentation a civil matter. It is breach of contract and the OP is very much entitled to go to the Guards.

Like i said already she needs to call into the guy preferably with someone who knows what they are talking about and take it from there.

they have called in, see below
    lin33829 wrote: »
    called him over an hour ago asking for reg number. He said call me back with the nmbr in 10min. I'd like to get a sometime off work and go get everything from him. But it will be another waste of time. Everytime I go to him he has some crappy excuse. Really dont want to waste my holiday on that...

By the way judging by the number of reponses from you on this thread and the way in which you addressed the vendor in the quoted post it is obvious you either know the guy or had a poor dealing with him in the past. Maybe getting a little personal with insults when you have no first hand experience of what is going on and only getting one side of the story?

the number of replies I have made has nothing to do with the price of a turnip in Calcutta.

I do not know anyone involved, nor know anyone who has any dealings with anyone involved.

I know what I read, and I have taken from it that the OP has dones their best get answers that are not forthcoming.

While not being in it myself I understand the motor trade quite well as I have enough family and friends in it to know that it does not take this long for the customer to receive the documents.

I am only giving the OP my opinion, and while I would never "call Joe" myself, I think a threat of doing this might just gett the desired results for the OP.
    The OP has still not explained why he took the car without the documents.

I think they are a foreigner and perhaps they didn't realise the importance of making sure you get the documentation up front. It appears the seller told them they would sort the paperwork out, and they took him at his word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Any update?.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭lin33829

aujopimur wrote: »
    Any update?.
    yes aujopimur, just got the VRT receipt and reg nbr yesterday. But it hasn't shown on the internet yet. Should I wait longer? See my new thread for the NCT and Tax problem. Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

lin33829 wrote: »
    yes aujopimur, just got the VRT receipt and reg nbr yesterday. But it hasn't shown on the internet yet. Should I wait longer? See my new thread for the NCT and Tax problem. Thank you

So how did you get this sorted? Did you call into the dealer or did you call Starsky and Hutch?

I went to the dealer the day before, asked for VRT Receipt, I took a picture of it and said I will check with the Revenue, and "accidentally" mentioned that he still have some other cars on UK reg. So he cleared the car the next day and get the Reg number and my plates. But it hasn't shown on the internet yet.

"accidentally" mentioned that he still have some other cars on UK reg.
    Nice one! :D:D:D

He should have sorted the NCT for you, you can make an appointment yourself @ NCT.ie., if it fails go straight back to him and get it repaired.
    You can tax it online @ motortax.ie using the last 6 digits of the VIN, this is on the VRT receipt.
    Once it's taxed you'll recieve the VRC in the post.
    I'm suprised you got away with driving it for so long on UK plates.
    By the way what car is it.
    Happy motoring.

• Advertisement

I know of a car that has been running around for 8 years on UK plates. It is possible if you are in the right area.

He should have sorted the NCT for you, you can make an appointment yourself @ NCT.ie., if it fails go straight back to him and get it repaired.
    You can tax it online @ motortax.ie using the last 6 digits of the VIN, this is on the VRT receipt.
    Once it's taxed you'll recieve the VRC in the post.
    By the way what car is it.
    Happy motoring.
    its a smart fortwo. good on petrol, that's all I need. 25euro a tank keeps me going for over a week.

I know of a car that has been running around for 8 years on UK plates. It is possible if you are in the right area.
    I always see cars on UK plates but no one ever stops them.

In the last two months I've come across two GS/Customs/DPS checkpoints in Cork, and two in Kildare.

In the last two months I've come across two GS/Customs/DPS checkpoints in Cork, and two in Kildare.
    where about in Cork? Anyway, mine is registered and taxed now. Just waiting for the logbook and then NCT

Checkpoints were on the Ballincollig Bypass just after you exit the bishopstown roundabout.

• Advertisement

Checkpoints were on the Ballincollig Bypass just after you exit the bishopstown roundabout.
    Ok. Thanks. Never go there though

Advertisement