Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eGo-W

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Cheers...I'll try that. This is becoming an expensive obsession. Now I have to go out and buy a bottle of vodka...I presume it's vodka that worked? There's a few bottles of wine around the house...don't suppose they'd be any use?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I cut a piece of W wick and pulled it through the spike. I used some old mesh and wrapped it around the wick. I then cut the wick above the mesh and pushed it down into the spike. I trimmed the wick at the lower side of the wick to the right length.

Mine tasted like crap until I soaked in alcohol for a while and tried it again. I did have to pull it up and down a bit too though to get it right.

I'll try another one today and see howit goes - I might just have been lucky!

I've just rewicked another one and it's great too. At least so far anyway. Not sure what I'm doing really but it seems to be working out okay.

Wonder does soaking it loosen up the fibres or something because I did have a bad experience with the first one I trid initially but after a soak it worked perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Got the vodka, soaked the wick for an hour, dried for the afternoon, tried it an hour ago and it works a treat. Cheers for that GH...I'd never have thought of the soaking trick. Now a naggin of vodka has been added to my vaping supplies.

Yeah, I've filled it pretty much to the top and no leaks at all. Of course I decided that the rubber bit shouldn't have been there and cut it out…works well though.

viks75 wrote: »
    He he he... :) Crazy you ;) Simple and short e-mail to seller could help as well, couldn't it?

Yeah! Should have but I think the draw is better now anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Actually I should mention that I think overfilling is what killed one of mine, when I took it apart it looked like the coil had been pushed up breaking one of it's connecting wires. I had just filled it to the top, so think I might have overfilled, pushing up the silicon cap which lifted the coil up and snapped the connection.

Advertisement