Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

eGo-W

• 05-02-2012 8:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting an eGo-W from ecig shop. Can I just buy the cartomiser and use my existing eGo batteries and I'm good to go?

The eGo-W has had some good reviews online. Much more robust and positive than the other eGo tank systems by all accounts with no leaking or dry hits. That always seems to change when I get these things though!!

Anybody here any experience with them.

http://e-cigshop.eu/e-cig-components-spare-parts/F1-eGo-W-Penstyle-cartomizer-giantomiser

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I got my eGo-W this morning. First impressions - what a beautiful piece of kit!! It looks like a fat pen with the pen clip and everything.

The draw is perfect for me with no airy sound or whistling and the soft tip feels perfect.

Nice amount of vapour and lovely flavour too. Vapour is warm but not hot and thats what I was looking for. I dont really like the cold vapour taste from many of the other tank systems.

Looking forward to using it today and seeing how it goes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

looks interesting
    im not really a fan of those soft tips though, maybe it's just habit but any atomiser I can't use a standard transparent plastic drip tip with I just go "ugh"

looks interesting
    im not really a fan of those soft tips though, maybe it's just habit but any atomiser I can't use a standard transparent plastic drip tip with I just go "ugh"

It's like any of these things though. The first impressions might be good but it's only after a day or so that the little things start to show up!

A syringe or needle bottle is required to fill it but it's straightforward - just remove the tip and fill through a septum and pop back on the tip. For anybody looking at buying a somkeymiser it might be a better option.

I'd say it holds about 2ml but I didn't measure - I used a needle bottle to fill.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Wasn't sure if they came with the pen clip or not, I think they weren't in the picture on the site, so that's good to hear. I put in an order myself last night so glad to hear it's going well so far.

Did the atomiser have primer on it that you had to clean off first?

Not sure how you'd do that with something like this.

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote: »
    Did the atomiser have primer on it that you had to clean off first?

Not sure how you'd do that with something like this.

Yes, it has the pen clip - looks really good.

I used direct from the box as theres no way to blow out primer anyway. Didn't taste any either.

One word of warning - I used a new ejuice that I hadn't used before first cos I couldn't wait to try it. I put Liqua Cherry 11mg in but wanted to compare to Liqua Strawberry 18mg which I usually use in my eGo-C.

Even though I was able to get out the Cherry juice using a syringe, there's a lot of wicking material in there and you'll never get it all out without washing or using it up.

Thats an advantage of the eGo-C - one or two puffs using a new juice and the old flavour is gone. It's amazingly fast.

Damn thing seems to be flooding as well. Nothing but gurgling for a few drags and then a big whoop of juice. I'm storing it in the right orientation as well so not sure how that's happening - must be wicking like hell or something.

Wasn't sure if they came with the pen clip or not, I think they weren't in the picture on the site, so that's good to hear. I put in an order myself last night so glad to hear it's going well so far.

Well, as an update, it's a piece of sh1t. :mad:

Worked great early on and I thought I was on a winner but noticed that the juice usage seemed a bit high. After a while, I noticed that if I didn't use it for a while it took a few puffs to get going again. Even later, I discovered where my juice was going, in between the top of the clearomiser and the tip.

Hopefully yours will work okay and maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Just got an email that mine shipped, should have waited to see how you got on :)

Does it seem to be leaking or could it just be condensation. I've seen people mention for other devices that pulling for a seond or two after releasing the button can help with condensation.

Just got an email that mine shipped, should have waited to see how you got on :)

Does it seem to be leaking or could it just be condensation. I've seen people mention for other devices that pulling for a seond or two after releasing the button can help with condensation.

I think it must be leaking because the juice consumption is huge. I dont know how though because it's all in the area between the seal and the tip - you'll know the area that I'm talking aout when you see it.

If it's leaking up the way it's defying gravity :D. I'm trying pressing the button for a second or two before drawing now and stopping drawing before I release the button and I think it seems to be better. Maybe I'm sucking it up into that area?

I'll be high as a kite tonight becauseI keep trying to get it working right :D. Every now and then I get annoyed with it and throw it into a drawer never to be used again and takeout the trusty old eGo-C for a toot but then I get annoyed that it's not working right and go at it again. :rolleyes:

It'll be interesting to see how you get on with it now too. When it's working right, the flavour is absolutely excellent.

Edit: for some reason it's working like a champion now. No juice build up and tons of vapour and flavour. Strange. Must have been something to do with my draw. Let me know how you get on with yours!

• Advertisement

Ha ha.....just coming to the same conclusions by trial and error myself today! I originally filled it quite full and got the whole overwicking issue. I went haywire about it in the above posts alright. When it got down to about half full it started performing brilliantly!

The flavour is the 'richest' I think I've had for a long time, if ever. Very happy with it now.

One thing though, is there any way of ridding of the previous juice easily? Also, how many fills do you get from one carto?

Nice to have a good resource like yourself on these units here!

Thanks Viks. After a shaky start I'm well impressed with this I must say. Definitely needn't worry about dry hits or that rotten burnt taste anyway. This thing wicks like hell. Pity about the juice build up under the tip but it's nowhere near as much of an issue as the Smokeymiser.

Should have mine this evening so I'll report back. Some great tips here though so hopefully I won't run into many issues.

Should have mine this evening so I'll report back. Some great tips here though so hopefully I won't run into many issues.

I'm delighted with mine! All of Viks tips touched on all of the issues that I came across yesterday. I filled the tank almost to the top yesterday and it wicked like hell, flooding the coil and thats where all my juice was going.

Only half filling now and I'm delighted with it. I'm actually thinking of buying another as a back up.

I have been using it for about an hour now. I'm pretty pleased with it at the moment and it seems to be getting better and better. At first there wasn't much vapour, throat hit or flavour, but it seems to be getting better the more I use it, almost as if the atomizer has to break in a bit. At the moment vapour and throat hit are about the same as a DCC, and the flavour is so much nicer without filler (altough the menthol I'm using doesn't have the same freshness as with a DCC but I've been changing between different menthol flavours and vaping them a lot so my taste buds might be a little fried).

Filling didn't go great for me. First I assumed they were the newer CE3 type where the outer metal shell doesn't separate, so when I was trying to push the needle in it did. I thought I'd broken or crushed something :) Then when I put a blunt needle in through the silicon, I had to push so hard it stretched the silicon down on that side, and the hole over the atomiser looks kind of stretched out, but that may well be normal and it seems to be working ok and not leaking or anything. The instructions I've seen said to use a blunt needle, but a sharp one may have worked better. But lessons have been learnt and it should go a lot better next time.

Glad that you seem to be liking it. You are describing my initial problems exactly.:)

If you fill the chamber too much it wicks like hell and floods the coil. I only half fill mine now. I find the flavour excellent too -no filler taste and "full".

I also had the same problems filling it. My blunt needle was hard to push through the septum and the stupid thing is too small of a gauge as well so it's desperate slow to fill it. The centre hole is a little off-round in mine too and I thought I must have done that by forcing the needle through but maybe it's a design thing after all if yours is the same.

I think you can actually take out that silicone cap and that woul make it so much easier to fill but I'm a bit afraid to do it cos I'll probably damage it!

I topped up again this morning and it went much better, I found twisting the needle back and forth as I pushed helped it slip through much better. But I think a sharp point will be the way to go alright.

Is it difficult to get the silicone seal out without damaging it or is that asking for trouble? It would make filling so much easier and no need for syringes.

I filled mine again this morning but if I fill it any more than about 25% full it wicks too much and half it ends up down in the battery. Either that or there's a break inside somewhere. Either way it's back in the dreaded drawer again and I'm tooting on the eGo-C again.

It's a pity because in terms of the flavour it's by far and away the best that I've ever used.

Looks like the iMist atties will be back in stock again next week according to McGuffin so thats my next big hope........

I actually filled mine to the top this morning and it doesn't seem to have leaked at all. I just checked and there was a very small amount of juice on the battery contacts, but much less than I usually get when I overfill a DCC. You might have a small crack somewhere.

Overall I'm still pretty happy with it. I'm finding vapor and throat hit are a little below what I get with a DCC at it's best, but much more consistent. And it works great taking a few drags in quick succession, I always found a DCC would drop off quickly after 2 or 3 long hits and I'd have to give it a minute to cool a bit. In flavour terms, it's so nice not tasting the filler, though menthol doesn't quite have that same cool fresh hit. I think it'll work great for fruity flavours though, I'll try some of those later.

edit: I have an iMist starter kit on the way (I went on a bit of spending spree to celebrate completely stopping the analogues), if it has arrived today I'll post up a bit of a comparison later.

• Advertisement

I actually filled mine to the top this morning and it doesn't seem to have leaked at all. I just checked and there was a very small amount of juice on the battery contacts, but much less than I usually get when I overfill a DCC. You might have a small crack somewhere.

Overall I'm still pretty happy with it. I'm finding vapor and throat hit are a little below what I get with a DCC at it's best, but much more consistent. And it works great taking a few drags in quick succession, I always found a DCC would drop off quickly after 2 or 3 long hits and I'd have to give it a minute to cool a bit. In flavour terms, it's so nice not tasting the filler, though menthol doesn't quite have that same cool fresh hit. I think it'll work great for fruity flavours though, I'll try some of those later.

edit: I have an iMist starter kit on the way (I went on a bit of spending spree to celebrate completely stopping the analogues), if it has arrived today I'll post up a bit of a comparison later.

Lucky you! The iMist atties will be in next week but I thought I'd splurge this morning too but the full kit is out of stock as well. Must be a winner as they're out of stock everywhere.

Filled my eGo-W again and let it sit and it doesn't appear to be leaking - I might have stored it upside down by accident but thought I had it stored upright to be honest. Took a few toots of it and I have to say, its lovely. I could be wrong but I actually find the 18mg stronger from it than the eGo-C. I've used 11mg in it earlier and I found it was good and normally I find 11mg a bit weak on the eGo-C. It'll be interesting to see how you get on with your comparison.

Edit: Flipping thing has juice all over my battery again and it was definitely stored correctly this time. Must be a crack or something inside. Damn it.

Lucky you!
    Haha, yes, I think I got the last kit they had. It arrived today and I've been using it a bit this evening, alternating with the W to compare them. My initial impressions of the iMist were much better than initial impressions of the W, more vapor, TH and flavour. But then after using the iMist a while and going back to the W, the W seemed to have improved. When I used it first it had a very very airy draw, no resistance at all, but then this evening it suddenly had a lot of resistance and noticeably better vapor. (I'm guessing this might be to do with the positioning of the metal sleeve over the tank but don't want to go experimenting because I like it the way it is)

So at the moment for me they're about neck and neck. The iMist is much easier to fill, has multiple tanks and changeable wicks (and supposedly coils soon), so wins on practicality. But as long as they don't leak, and neither have so far, I'm not too worried about practicality. They're both an excellent vape.

I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with mine but when I left it sitting half full overnight it was still the same this morning. Used it for about an hour and the juice is getting down onto the battery connection somehow. I'm just drawing gently too and I notice that if I take the battery off immediately after using it theres vapour down there!!! Wonder does the plastic seal need adjustment on top or something?

I've noticed that if you take the mouth piece off, even a minute or so after a draw, there's still a good amount of vapour in there. I've gotten into the habit of taking the mouth piece off after a few draws and blowing this out, and I don't seem to be having much in the way of condensation problems. I've noticed little bits of liquid in the battery connector, but little enough that I'm pretty sure it's condensation.

I decided to have a look at my eGo-W this morning as I haven't really used it recently. Leaked like a pig again so I popped out the rubber stopper on the top no problem. Filled with water and it ran out the bottom. The section that holds the coil wiggled from side to side too so at least I know what happened - I must have broke it the first time when I was filling it trying to push a needle with too high a gauge through.

They do seem a little brittle. One of mine has just stopped working. I hadn't used it in probably a week and when I went to use it it seems to be dead. I did over fill it a little, and put some juice directly onto the coil because I was changing flavours, but not sure how that would have damaged it. I'll try adn take it apart at some point and see if it's salvageable at all.

They do seem a little brittle. One of mine has just stopped working. I hadn't used it in probably a week and when I went to use it it seems to be dead. I did over fill it a little, and put some juice directly onto the coil because I was changing flavours, but not sure how that would have damaged it. I'll try adn take it apart at some point and see if it's salvageable at all.

I've ordered a pck of 5 CE4 from iVapour in the UK. It's the next iteration of those type of clearomiser like the eGo-W I think. They are cone chaped and the silicone bung at the top pulls out with your fingers for filling.

"Apparently" quite robust but they're bottom coil so they dont run as hot as the eGo-W which has the coil a the top.

Reading some reviews it looks like the TH is pretty strong in them though so a step down in nic might be needed.

I've seen those mentioned alright (might have been yourself on a different thread :)). I'd be very interested to see how you get on with them compared to the W. I like the W, and prefer it to DCCs, but it's still not quite perfect.

The iMist is my favourite at the moment, but it's nice having something else to carry too.

I've seen those mentioned alright (might have been yourself on a different thread :)). I'd be very interested to see how you get on with them compared to the W. I like the W, and prefer it to DCCs, but it's still not quite perfect.

The iMist is my favourite at the moment, but it's nice having something else to carry too.

Yeah, I liked the W as well but the leaking and filling with syringes put me off. I think I caused the leak at the base of mine the first day and I was almost going to buy another one to give it a go when I came across the CE4.

I dont like any of the carto's unfortunately. The taste of the filler is always there. I wish I did like them though because it would save a lot of spending trying to find an alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Anyone know where I can buy tank replacements on their own for the ego-w in Ireland? I already have the plastic pen part and tip.
    I started using the ego-w last week instead of the ego-t and find them good in that I don't get any leaks or any problems filling them but I'm finding that I'm not getting as much of a throat hit and vapour as the ego-t. I also find that I really have to drag for a long time to get anyway decent hit off them. If I find a supplier for replacement tank I'm going to try with new tank in case the one I have is faulty.

Anyone else with an opinion on the difference from throat hit and vapour between these and type b ego-t tanks?

Advertisement