Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you like your toast?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Her good self is entirely correct.

If I wanted melted butter on bread I'd use melted butter.

I wave the toast around cooling it so you have the right ratio of melted to unmelted butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

If I wanted unmelted butter, I would have untoasted toast.

You two animals would be a good match, waving toast around like the lunatics you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tphase

just noticed the date....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,390 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Aaaaaaand another zombie thread...

Don't see the harm if people want to comment.

• Advertisement

No surprise there, thread has suitably cooled down for your kind 🙄😅

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Why limit oneself to one way of doing toast? Cold toast smeared with a good dose of butter and jam, hot toast drowned in butter and jam, hot toast with peanutbutter, cold toast with peanut butter, white toast moderately well done, brown soda well toasted, soda farl fried in butter on one side in lieu of toasting, crumpets, muffins, <insert toasty toaster clip here>

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Barbie2k23

Toasted banana and sugar sambo do in the sandwich maker 👌👌👌

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

With thick butter and Marmite food of the gods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Same! Real butter slathered on hot, marmite then a friend egg on top each slice . I’m not able for fry ups so this cures all hangovers for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

Sometimes I go with marmalade on 1 half slice of toast and strawberry jam on the other half. A lovely selection. 🍞🍓🫙

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Toasted.

This might upset some people - my wife almost gets angry with me for doing this - but I love toast (slightly cooled) buttered with a thin layer of marmite and a thin layer of honey!

The marmite should sit on top of the butter and not mix in with it too much and the honey should sit on top of the marmite and not mix with it.

A crunchy, savoury, sweet adventure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

What's going on with newfangled toasters these days. My last one lasted 14 years so I retired it and got a new one.

Got a Smeg for 157 or something ridiculous. I wouldn't mind but at the top setting it would just about do a decent browning but not even darkening of the toast. But what if you like well done toast to short of burning?. You would need to do the slice twice. All these new bagle settings etc but can you just brown the toast well?. It's inconsistent too with some parts of the slice pale and the others brown. And what's strange is all the heating elements don't turn red hot only random bars. Maybe its designed like that but I dunno.

So brought it back and with credit note I got a cheaper one for 119 called Sage Toast Select Luxe. Again unsatisfactory toasting from it. Switched up full and it hardly toasts it. And again all the elements don't light up. Again the heating elements are random. I'm sure someone can explain that one as not strange and part of some toasting algorithm.

It's very dissapointing and I've a good mind to bring this one back too.

Anyone finding similar issues with new toasters?. Could our toasters be throttled back in some way in the republic of Ireland or am I getting paranoid?.

And any reccomendations on 2 slice toasters that do the toast really brown?. And if I could push my luck do it really brown and not even be on the top heat setting?. Or is that a pipe dream in this day and age?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭mcburns07

I have that Sage the last 3 years and it’s excellent, generally have it set to 4-5 to get a nice medium well done slice of toast. No idea what you’re doing 😅. For white bread it needs to be set ever lower to avoid burning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

I like my toast like I like my women

hot and consumable with butter.

I'm jinxed!. This is setting 6 for white. Barely brown and still white around the edges.

• Advertisement

Medium well. Sometimes well done. I'm wondering is any toasters capable of doing it like this without having to run it twice keeping watch.

Medium well above is on the brink of burnt….

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Well done for me, mounds of real butter on top while hot. This said, I will eat almost any type of toast with any topping except fake butter. Fake butter, sooner it was just dry. My son loves fake butter, I am quietly ashamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,375 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Wholegrain bread medium-well with lots of real butter, sometimes with scrambled egg.

McCambridges bread well-done with lots of real butter and no-peel marmalade, or just butter and a soft boiled egg.

Both with tea, always put Knorr Aromat on eggs.

Is the "setting" not just the minutes in newer toasters?

Mine isn't exact but it's roughly 1,2,3.... minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Yeah- my toaster settings represent minutes.

The horror when in a hotel and you ask for brown toast and they bring toasted soda bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Cushtie

If I'm looking for a quick snack, nothing better than 2 slices, medium toasted, loads of real butter and a banana sliced on top. The sweetness of the banana and saltyness of the butter, nom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Same

I can't have butter and jam together. One or the other is fine.

I don't like rare toast, well done is preferred. White sliced pan.

Advertisement