Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭whats_my_name

RIP Paul xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 12 chrisbuckley

so sad , rest in peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

RIP Pygmalion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Only knew him from this site and don't think I had ever conversed with him. From what I gathered from his posts was that he was quite the clever chap and very skilled (from his posts in the Security forum). He was definitely well respected here before the unfornate news of him going missing.

Even when I don't know the person, it's quite the strange feeling when it's a Boards member you've seen around on the site for the past few years.

Terrible loss of a talented person and one at such a young age.

Condelences to his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

My deepest condolences to wexlady44 and your family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I didn't know Paul, but I'm sad that someone who took pleasure from being a part of this community is no longer with us.

It is sad to hear of his death.

Condolences to those on here that knew him, honour him as you know he would have wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Topper7

RIP buddy, words can't express how a lot of us feel. Such a sad ending... Gone but not forgotin!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I guess, unlike most, that I did kind of suspect the worst but it still feels like I got punched in the ribs when I read the news. So so sad.

My condolences to wexlady, his other family and friends.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Like many others on the thread, I didn't know Paul, however I've been keeping tabs on this thread for the last few weeks, hoping to hear some good news, that he had gone off for a holiday and just forgot to tell everyone.

I am genuinely saddened to hear the news, even though I never met the guy. From the tributes people are paying to him here on boards he sounds like one of the good guys, and I think that makes it all the harder.

My deepest and sincerest sympathies to all his family and friends. I can't even begin to image what you are all going through at the moment.

Rest in Peace, Paul.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

RIP Paul, condolences to all family and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

RIP Paul, like a lot of others I didn't know Paul, but had taken an interest in this thread since he went missing in the hope he would come home safely. I'm very sorry for Paul's family that it's not the case, you are in my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Although Paul was in my class in college this year I didn't really know him too much, but from talking to him once or twice he seemed like a really nice, down-to-earth guy. Not to mention that he was quite obviously a very very clever chap, seemingly having demonstrated great programming ability both inside and outside of the course.

This makes it all the sadder that someone so talented and so young has been lost. My thoughts and condolences go out to his family and friends.

Rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Jacksquat

RIP Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I had been following this thread and the relevant facebook accounts that had been looking for Paul. It is a very sad end to what I had hoped would be a different outcome. It does show that people can pull together for the right reasons.

I feel so very sad about this news and my heart goes out to his family and friends. RIP Paul xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Yesterday afternoon I had to walk from Barrow Street to Store Street and I decided to walk along the liffey, which I never do when I am walking that direction. I got to the end of custom house quay and I saw my first missing poster for Paul. I have been following the thread religiously since the start and I realised I have never seen a poster for Paul in the last month I have been living in D4 and walking in and out of town. I decided I was going to put some up in my area today rather than noting it here. As I was in the hairdressers I heard a body had been taken from the liffey and I was so sad thinking about it, especially as I had just walked by. Now I just wandered onto boards a moment ago and saw this thread. I am absolutely devastated for the friends and family of Paul. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Knew of Paul through C&H. Sadly I don't think I ever got to speak to him but from his posts he seemed like a true gentleman and a great guy. Such a shame. RIP Pyggy <3 Much love my dear, hope the angels are kind to you xxx

Thoughts are with the family, I really hoped this wouldn't be the outcome of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

It's terrible news RIP Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Gutted, deepest condolences to wexlady44 and your family.

RIP Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Rest in peace, Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Had tears in my eyes when I read this. I don't know Paul at all but just so sad that it has turned out this way. My heart goes out to his family and friends. From what I have read he was a lovely lad, it is just so tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

RIP.

It's strange how this news has affected me to be honest. Despite not knowing Paul and only ever seeing his username from around boards, he was part of a community albeit an online community. To lose a seemingly well respected poster in these circumstances leaves me numb. There'll be questions, anger and confusion amongst many over the next while so mind yourselves lads/lassies.

Much respect to those that gave up their time and put so much effort into putting up posters around the place in the hope of finding him.

Thoughts go to the family and his friends. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

RIP Paul/Pygmalion, couldn't believe when I read this, I still see his picture around DCU every day, think everyone held out so much hope, so sorry to see it end like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Awful news.
    RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Miss.Marple

Absolutely devestated when I heard this awful sad news,not a day went by when I didnt think of Paul & hope for his safe return.I never knew Paul but my sister taught him & spoke extremely highly of him.its such a sad ending,we all hoped & prayer for his safe return,not wanting to fear the worst.It's a sad,sad day,God rest you Paul,a true gem by all accounts,thinking of all your family & friends at this difficult time,x

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

RIP Paul, and condolences to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

RIP paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

R.I.P. Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 illgetthere

I didn't know Paul but this thread really touched me, I am deeply saddened to read the terrible news this morning.. my thoughts are with his family and friends today...
    Rest in Peace Paul

Advertisement