Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The hopelessly overpriced bicycle thread..!!Mod warning - no stolen bike discussion!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

Trekker09 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/accounts/messages/conversation/14686149

4k for a well used S5? Poster other ads are pricey too

They certainly have some of the most overpriced cycling stuff I’ve seen
    The filthy looking Sidi shoes for 200€ !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Oberkon wrote: »
    They certainly have some of the most overpriced cycling stuff I’ve seen
    The filthy looking Sidi shoes for 200€ !!

The seller has a different name than the name on the Giro helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

https://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/giant-road-bike-for-sale/20184582

Seems a bit excessive. No details on model and spec either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

https://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/giant-road-bike-for-sale/20184582

Seems a bit excessive. No details on model and spec either

In fairness its an "Ali" frame. Madness price alright...

He went to great lengths to show the Dura Ace pedals, lipstick on a pig if ever I saw it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Imagine parting with two and a half grand of your hard earned cash and getting that bar tape. I'm looking for a new bike with Ultegra Di2 disc and budget isn't much higher than asking on that.

Is it just me that expects to see an Olympic bike every time this thread gets bumped though?

Imagine parting with two and a half grand of your hard earned cash and getting that bar tape. I'm looking for a new bike with Ultegra Di2 disc and budget isn't much higher than asking on that.

Is it just me that expects to see an Olympic bike every time this thread gets bumped though?

Ah the Olympic bike! The one with the 8k frame and 'once off' wheels that he bought on Adverts for 300 beer vouchers :D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,629 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've asked a question about that giant. will be interesting to see what the response is.

i've asked a question about that giant. will be interesting to see what the response is.

He's only joined Adverts on Monday. It'll be interesting to see if he responds

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,629 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

he's responded, and he clearly doesn't know till he has the bike in front of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

he's responded, and he clearly doesn't know till he has the bike in front of him.

Think it’s one of these - 2014 but with upgraded wheels, pedals, cranks and bar tape

https://forums.mtbr.com/cyclocross/my-new-2014-giant-tcx-slr-2-a-885113.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

Yep, looks like an older TCX alright, can be bought new for around 1600 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭tonytiger81

Does he supply the oven gloves or do you bring your own?

he's updated the details, it's 2015, and kitted out with 105. you'd buy a bike new of similar spec for a grand.

he's updated the details, it's 2015, and kitted out with 105. you'd buy a bike new of similar spec for a grand.

The zipp wheels would be worth a few bob though, bit surely nowhere near a 2.5k value

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

tell him "he's dreaming'"

https://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/elite-directo-x-smart-turbo-trainer/20226322

OK, not a bike as such, but I really hope he gets stuck with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Not a bike, but someone is trying to sell an elite directo for €1100

https://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/elite-directo-x-smart-turbo-trainer/20226322.

Lovely bit of profiteering there.

I also saw a shop in the UK trying to sell a used Elite Muin for £550 quid. It was not worth that new

has anyone ever seen Weepsie and Trekker09 in the same room together?
    *raises eyebrow*

Weepsie wrote: »

I also saw a shop in the UK trying to sell a used Elite Muin for £550 quid. It was not worth that new

It'll be interesting to see if some of the restrictions for traders are revised shortly. I heard yesterday that the likes of hardware shops might be allowed to open under strict guidelines. I could se this extending to Halfords etc. I'd nearly pop a comment in his ad.

• Advertisement

you have to admire his moxie though - after someone points out it can be bought new for significantly cheaper, he doubles down.

you have to admire his moxie though - after someone points out it can be bought new for significantly cheaper, he doubles down.

Getting interesting!

i was thinking of asking on social media did they have any guidance on people profiteering during the lockdown, but adverts.ie haven't posted to twitter or facebook in over a year.

i was thinking of asking on social media did they have any guidance on people profiteering during the lockdown, but adverts.ie haven't posted to twitter or facebook in over a year.

He's stated on his ad 'in excess of €1100. I thought you had to state a price and stick to it. He's starting an auction

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've a Tacx Flux that I was half thinking of moving on as it is tricky with thru axles - now might be the time to throw it up online!

I've a Tacx Flux that I was half thinking of moving on as it is tricky with thru axles - now might be the time to throw it up online!

I'll start the bidding at €1100 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Weepsie wrote: »

the seller is making my blood boil - but i think its a complete fishing expedition.

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    the seller is making my blood boil - but i think its a complete fishing expedition.

I've reported the ad as he's looking for more than asking. I let him know that it's in breach of T&Cs and he got snotty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Getting interesting!

I couldn't help myself :)

• Advertisement

ad is gone.

Advertisement