Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The hopelessly overpriced bicycle thread..!!Mod warning - no stolen bike discussion!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Which one of ye keeps saying it's worth €1000? The frame is a crap colour for one and the wheels are ****e. Groupset is average. I'd have thought €500 no more and even at that I'd be around €200

Well someone from Limerick thinks it's worth €8000 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

this is a hopelessly underpriced bike - weird details given in the ad too; no size, no mention of what the wheels or groupset actually are, but it has lights.
    https://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/ridley-o-roion-road-bike/14483545

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

Trekker09 wrote: »
    Well someone from Limerick thinks it's worth €8000 :D

I see some lad in "Galway" made an offer on it and it's now "sold"

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭disco1

i sold this fellow that ireland frameset for 375 euros....8 grand be wants...lol.

its a nice but very basic frame...id value that 8 k bike with sram apex at 1000e max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

this is a hopelessly underpriced bike - weird details given in the ad too; no size, no mention of what the wheels or groupset actually are, but it has lights.
    https://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/ridley-o-roion-road-bike/14483545

I see she's withdrawn it now as someone obviously got in touch to tell her it's worth more. To be honest it's not really worth much more perhaps another €100 but that's about it. I'd have said her asking was a sell it quick price and about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

disco1 wrote: »
    i sold this fellow that ireland frameset for 375 euros....8 grand be wants...lol.

its a nice but very basic frame...id value that 8 k bike with sram apex at 1000e max.

That’s nuts!!

For a one off/unique bike/frame he has now sold it twice and withdrawn it since :D

Also, tried to swop it for this:
    http://www.adverts.ie/14006340

Why exchange something that is worth $8,000 (of some form of dollar) for something priced way less than that. Proper trade in come to mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    That’s nuts!!

For a one off/unique bike/frame he has now sold it twice and withdrawn it since :D

Also, tried to swop it for this:
    http://www.adverts.ie/14006340

Why exchange something that is worth $8,000 (of some form of dollar) for something priced way less than that. Proper trade in come to mind...

He’s just readvertised it for €3850

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

He's either dumb as **** or being deliberately deceitful. I'm surprised Adverts have not pulled those ads, and him, by now.

edit; Actually he can be both of the above too.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

he's a marketing genius.... hahaha....id hate to be the guy who he sold the once off 8k bike to....then has the exact same once off bike advertised for half the price!!

• Advertisement

Even though he's been requested not to use the Olympians name in a previous ad, he's gone ahead and used it in the latest one.

It's one thing making a profit on a sale but this is trying to rip people off.

Well, he's posted screen grabs of a conversation with David McCann on twitter.

Apparently, there was a batch of frames made up for the London Olympics that were never used. However, disco1's advert (selling the frame as it was)stated that the frame is a 2015 year model.

Between this posted Twitter reply from McCann and the response from the Taiwanese company about the dollar value, I reckon the seller has asked deliberately leading questions to both the company and David McCann to get the answer he wanted so he could post that as 'proof'.

disco1 could be wrong about the year, as the frames may not have changed design for several seasons and these were spare frames lying around. However, I'm inclined to believe disco1's original advert description, as he never attempted to describe them as anything more than sprayed up frames.

The value/worth of the bike is questionable but the advert comments are just priceless! “I may increase the price if I can get all the certificates to confirm”

He can spin this old record at 33rpm, 45rpm or 78rpm but it will still sound like crap!

Now sold!

To the boardsie who set up an Adverts.ie account to rip him a new one...

giphy.gif

Now sold!

That’s three identical ‘one offs’ sold now!

Now sold!
    Soon to be relisted I think!
    Looks like he's managed to get the comments, calling him out on his BS, removed from that last advert. Expect that ad or a similar new one to be up shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Soon to be relisted I think!
    Looks like he's managed to get the comments, calling him out on his BS, removed from that last advert. Expect that ad or a similar new one to be up shortly.

Can't wait!

OMG, he is now hounding the guy who briefly showed interest, before the frame history was posted by a boardsie. What a complete tool!

Desperate!

I have for sale my Genesis Volare, raced by Sonia O Sullivan, Jessie Owens and Michael Carruth. Graphics were created by Jimmy McGee and Jim Fitzpatrick.

€10000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭disco1

i feel kinda famous now being the original owner of that frameset ...lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

This is hilarious.

It's also the same person who tried to sell a langster pro (which were only made in alu) as a full carbon s-works thing (no such thing as an s-works langster pro either). They gave it three tries! :pac:

Imagine what it's like in their head :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

nee wrote: »

8fe05d98693ec031856f6ebc5b87003f.gif

Something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

nee wrote: »
    This is hilarious.

It's also the same person who tried to sell a langster pro (which were only made in alu) as a full carbon s-works thing (no such thing as an s-works langster pro either). They gave it three tries! :pac:

....and a Sky team bike @ http://www.adverts.ie/13428391

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

i think this person maybe trolling at this stage now...

https://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/new-into-garage-today-bianchi-oltre-xr4-2017/14502886
    image from...
    https://twitter.com/CD_Cycles/status/847844330572263426

can clearly see 'ultegra' on the crank arm when is advertised on Adverts as 'Dura Ace' in the listed advert

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

It must be so tiring remembering all the passwords to their fake customers accounts :pac:

Someone with a Twitter account should message that guy in the UK to see if he still has that bike. Seems like it is his pride and joy and he would be reluctant to sell it.

Mr 'Olympic bike' may well have a Bianchi in his possession and simply pulled any old image of a Bianchi from the internet. Some neck on him in any case.

Someones asked him about the FFD wheels, response it typical:

"The wheels are FFD a limited edition of the FFWD wheels made for the S Olympics.
    Very hard to find these days."

PS, I've dropped the price of my bike to €9999.50 :D:D

PS, I've dropped the price of my bike to €9999.50 :D:D

Unless your bike is ‘polycarbon hydrocabri’ which is a “new type of carbon just discovered”, it’s horribly overpriced. :D

• Advertisement

If he has an Oltre for that spec and price then it's a good price TBH, though I'm not sure if that's the actual bike in the pics unless yer man sold him that bike. Think these frames go for north of 3k

Advertisement