Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I ever find him? ** Charlie home safe!! **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

omg!!! :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

i'm actually over the moon for you! i was nearly dreading clicking on this again thinking it would be more bad news!

awwww that's so wonderful :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Could the :( be changed to a :) in the title

Delighted for you Op

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puss

Brilliant news!!!!. You would wonder what he was doing for the last 4 weeks. Raise a glass to his safe return.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭awman

Ziggy23 - not at all! I'm just so happy to have found him. Don't really know what has happened to him over the last month.... the poor thing is skin and bone and its upsetting to see him that way but at least the vet says he will be ok in time and that with plenty of TLC he should be fine. We have to be very careful feeding him for a while. He's absolutely ravenous but the vet warned us not to give him too much food for the first few days. He gave me a special food to give him for the first 24 hours or so (Royal Canin - Recovery). The amount he told me to give him seems so small and I feel almost cruel only giving him that much cause he's absolutely starving but the vet said I'd be doing more harm than good if I gave him too much food straight away. Tomorrow I'll boil up some chicken and try give him some of that in small portions. It'll probably take quite a while before he'll be back to eating the normal amounts but I'll just have to be patient and make sure not to upset his stomach. The vet told us that it was only a matter of a couple of more days and he probably would not have survived. Thank god that lady seen him and he's now home safe. I still cant actually believe we've found him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

microchip and tags with your number asap OP xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fantastic news, delighted Charlie is now home, cant get the smile off my face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 amor26388

Tears literally streaming down my face here! I couldn't be happier for you awman..I am so so so relieved for you!! Welcome home Charlie!!! xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I really didn't want to be the ' killjoy ' who warned of the dangers of overfeeding Charlie - so glad the vet beat me to it ;)

Great news and this thread should be framed ( ok stickied ) as proof that a pet missing for even as long as Charlie was still has a good chance of being found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

So happy for you and charlie of course! :D:D:D as are all my friends who shared the post on facebook:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭lynchieboy

A good news story at last, I was heading to bed half an hour ago but ended up reading the whole thread great news:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

absolutely bawling here. So so happy for u having Charlie back and so happy for him having such loving owners. I must admit when i read your update today and saw he would be missing 4weeks Thurs so i started to give up hope he would be found. Up to yesterday I was full of hope based on my relative's experience as i said earlier in this thread. Anyways so so delighted for ya! How did the woman know to ring you? Was it your posters?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Awwwwww am welling up here! Absolutely delighted for ya awman, my stomach actually somersaulted at Ziggys post. Fantastic news!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I've beet watching this thread since it started and praying he would be found. I'm so so glad he has been. It's amazing what the Internet can do!

Big hugs Charlie!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Oh my god, I am so unbelievably happy for you and Charlie right now! I just screamed at my husband "Charlies home" and he knew straight away who I meant because i have been talking about him so much.

Tears streaming now! I was having a crap day to be honest and this just turned it around, made my week in fact!!!!!

I am so delighted for you. I cant explain it but I just knew this would have a happy ending.

Go enjoy your time with him tonight (and take tomorrow off ;) )

Send us a little update when things get more settled.

So so so chuffed for you all!

B

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

Sooooooo happy for you. Can't imagine what it's like to be worrying about one of our pets.

I followed a similar thread on digital spy's pet forum earlier in the year where a cat escaped from a cattery in England and was missing for over 2 weeks.

The support from the fellow members was amazing. The cat was eventually reunited with the owners. It was that thread that drew me to this one.

I really hoped that Charlie would be found and this has really brought a tear to my eye.

Please post some pics of him over the next few weeks. Would love to see him back with Lulu.

p.s. How is Lulu coping with being reunited with Charlie? It's probably just as emotional for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭warder6161

awman wrote: »
    We finally found him!!!!! I cant believe i am actually typing this. Was so sure I'd never see him again but he's here lying on the mat beside me in front of the fire now... and i just cant believe it!!! I got a phone call today from an elderly lady who lives about 3 miles from where I live. She said her daughter had been walking and had seen a dog in a derelict (sp?) house that looked like my dog. I was at work and couldnt leave so I rang my sister and she drove straight over. She rang me saying the dog was still there and he looked alot like Charlie but he kept running away from her. So I grabbed everything, left work and drove over the road like a mad woman. When i got there and seen the dog I actually thought at first that it wasnt him. He looked so different but as soon as I seen his face I knew it was him. It took a bit of coaxing to get him to come to me but when he did it was amazing. He buried his head in my arms and I literally bawled my eyes out. He's a quarter of the size he was and is very shook but brought him straight to the vet and the vet said that he should be ok with plenty of TLC. I'm still in shock that we've actually got him home with us again. I really cant believe it.
    I just want to say how grateful I am to everyone here at Boards for all the words of encouragement. When I felt there was no hope of ever finding him again there was always someone on here telling me not to give up and to keep searching for him. Only for all those words of encouragement to keep trying to find him, I probably wouldnt have him here beside me now. Charlie means the world to me and I cannot express how grateful I am.

41yr old guy with tears in his eyes reading this delighted for you !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Waterfordlass

I hadn't posted on here, but checked in several times a day in the hope that Charlie had been found and also posted his picture on my facebook page.
    I have tears streaming down my face with happiness at this latest news now, and my two fur kids are wondering what is wrong with Mommy.

Welcome home darling Charlie, and enjoy all the cuddles and love you are about to get.

The outpouring of support and love Charlie and his family have had on this forum has been incredible. You are all a great bunch of people.

Yay for happy news. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

great news. as a dog lover myself i'm delighted. well done awman on never giving up, you were excellent. and well done to that lady that rang you.
    if Christy Moore hears about this he'll write a song on it to rival Joxer..:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

OP I cannot say how happy I am for you and for Charlie, when the 4 weeks arrived I was disheartened, but this story is proof that if you have lost a pet you should never give up. Everyone was hoping for happy ending, and we got it!

I have to say this thread is what is great about boards, everyone rallying around someone that you have never met and providing support and advice you would to a good friend. It gives you faith in humanity, feel good thread of the year!

Finally awman a big well done to you, you left no stone unturned even when it must have been so hard each and every time you found out it wasnt Charlie, so kudos to you, your family and friends who seem to have been a great support to you and Charlie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Been checking this thread since the start, felt hope was lost after weeks were passing by :( The sence of joy and relief must be amazing. Delighted for you and your dog :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Been reading this too and kept an eye around my area...

Delighted for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Over the moon you found Charlie, as a previous owner of a labrador I could feel your pain, watched the thread every day hoping that I would read news of him being found, it grew less and less likely and then this evening I checked my email and there it was! :) Cherish him now and I hope you never lose him again..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I'm so happy for you. I've crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

What great news for a dark day; I'm so happy for you. I'm going down to hug my dog.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭northern lights

Wow, just wow! Sitting here crying with happiness for you. What utterly fantastic news for a wet miserable wednesday morning :D
    So so happy for you all....xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

So happy for you and Charlie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Another one here who had been keeping a close eye from a distance, delighted for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

at all you blokes posting about having tears in your eyes when you were reading this last night.... count yourselves lucky you weren't in work!!!

getting some MIGHTY strange looks here as i try to dab my eyes without looking too obvious!!:D:D

Awwman, totally delighted for you and Charlie, have been following this thread with an increasing sense of foreboding, but there is NOTHING like being re-united with a lost pet.... i still remember how i felt when i found my lost cat.......back in 1987!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Brilliant news
    Could not be more delighted for you and Charlie!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Oh I'm so happy for you :) That's the best news ever. Delighted for you. So good to hear a happy ending. Fantastic! :)

Advertisement