Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I ever find him? ** Charlie home safe!! **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Gareth2011 wrote: »
    I hope thats him but the OP doesn't say where they live :(

Op is in Limerick County, so Cork is feasible, though he looks very young

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No, thats not him. Her dog is much older than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Yellow Labrador found on the motorway near Mitchelstown this afternoon. Not a million miles from the OP so I am hoping with all fingers and toes crossed it might be him...

http://munsterlostandfound.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

boomerang wrote: »
    Yellow Labrador found on the motorway near Mitchelstown this afternoon. Not a million miles from the OP so I am hoping with all fingers and toes crossed it might be him...

http://munsterlostandfound.com/

That dog appears to be some sort of retriever mix, note his hair seems longer than Charlie's.

I think we all just hope you find him OP :( Even though I'm in Dublin, I'm taking a second look at every golden lab I see!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

marley123 wrote: »

I know this isn't Charlie but if you look at the comments under the photo its obvious that Charlies Facebook page is making its way round the web!

I've shared it again today anyway.

Lets keep sharing everyone.

Hope you're doing okay OP.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Any news on Charlie yet??? I'm in the kilkenny/waterford area but i'll be keeping an eye out for him, There has been a few strays found around my area so he could have come this far. Fingers crossed xxxxx

Any more news OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭awman

Thanks so much everyone for all your comments. I really really appreciate it. Unfortunately that dog found in Mitchelstown is a female :( Going out of my mind at this stage... really dont know what else to do....he's missing 12 days today. I just cant believe we have had no sighting of him at all. Even if we had a sighting of him and knew that he was alive and it was only a case of tracking him down... it just makes all the negative thoughts come to the fore. Did someone deliberately take him? Is he dead in a field somewhere and we've managed to walk by him or drive by him and not see him? Did someone "get rid of him" for maybe chasing sheep or for pestering them if they had a dog in heat? We also live very close to the railway line and i'm starting to think did he maybe wander out on the railway line? (which in fairness would be very unlike him, he'd have to really go out of his way to get there, its close to us but at the same he's never ever gone near it before). I dont know what to think. We did let the postman know about Charlie but unfortunately they havent seen sight of him. It's just very strange that NOBODY has seen him.

Aw no still nothing. Be sure to keep calling the pounds and spca's etc. Remember the pound especially won't be too pushed about calling people you will need to keep on their backs every 2nd day or so. It is strange no one has seen him but not unusual. You'd be suprised how many people don't take notice of dogs walking around even if they pass a poster of him. Il say a prayer for him tonight and hope you get him back safe and sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I come back here everyday hoping you have found him :( don't give up hope yet, my aunts 13 year old retriever went missing for a month and then they found him alive while walking through the fields in front of their house ... I just seen the pic you uploaded on facebook with charlie and your mastiff, please please please get a collar and identity tag for your other dog if you haven't already done so x

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Vince32

Don't lose hope mate, dogs can very well look after themselves if they have too, My first JRT Max could hunt and eat rodents all day long, and leave the remains at my doorstep for approval, it's still less than 2 weeks and not that it matters much but insurance company's don't consider a dog "lost" until 30 days. There is still good hope charlie can be found safe and well.

Thinking of you both everyday, I really hope you find him soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Vince32 wrote: »
    Don't lose hope mate, dogs can very well look after themselves if they have too, My first JRT Max could hunt and eat rodents all day long, and leave the remains at my doorstep for approval, it's still less than 2 weeks and not that it matters much but insurance company's don't consider a dog "lost" until 30 days. There is still good hope charlie can be found safe and well.

Thinking of you both everyday, I really hope you find him soon.

OP there was an oldish looking lab type dig at the costcutter in roslevan Ennis today I tore home to look at your pic and borrow a lead to pick him up and bring him home but he'd wandered off when I got back will keep my eyes peeled tomorrow and take a photo if I see him I feel like such an idiot that I didn't take a pic today sorry :(

angelfire9 - aw your very good, thanks very much. I wonder was it him? Maybe I'll try ringing the costcutters in ennis and see if anyone there has seen him around the place since? Ennis is quite far from where i live but then again he has been missing for almost 2 weeks now so you'd never know. Can you remember if the dog you saw was wearing a collar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

awman wrote: »
    angelfire9 - aw your very good, thanks very much. I wonder was it him? Maybe I'll try ringing the costcutters in ennis and see if anyone there has seen him around the place since? Ennis is quite far from where i live but then again he has been missing for almost 2 weeks now so you'd never know. Can you remember if the dog you saw was wearing a collar?

No collar
    The number for costcutter where I saw him is 06568 23 808
    Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Angelfire9 - I rang costcutters, the lady that answered said that that dog has been around for months, she said she thinks he is living in one of the houses nearby, he comes around the shop everyday and raids their bins so unfortunately its not Charlie. But I just want to say thanks very much for keeping an eye out for me and for going to the trouble of going back to the shop an everything. It's very kind of you. I'll keep hoping, he has to be out there somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There's a new post in the lost and found thread about a stray golden retriever (could a GR be mistaken for a lab?) around Newport. I know there are Newports in mayo and limerick but if it's the limerick one, might be worth following up?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puss

There's a new post in the lost and found thread about a stray golden retriever (could a GR be mistaken for a lab?) around Newport. I know there are Newports in mayo and limerick but if it's the limerick one, might be worth following up?

that post is here. Fingers crossed that it is Charlie.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055413146&page=98

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Hi,

Just thought I would check if there was any update (and shamelessly bump the thread in an effort to keep it on page 1;))

B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Y; I found a little puppy Labrador/ GR ; only about 3 months old if that; a little lost bundle of wagging tail & love & have been staggered at how much effort it is to get around to everywhere to inform them & put signs up!!! I'm quite proactive but with vets , guards & some pounds you get a one word answer to " is anyone looking for.." quite surprising really.. Particularly considering the cute factor. Someone might be looking after your dog maybe not a computer user & Charlie might be well & sound & enjoying a pampered holiday with a nice person who is hoping it's owner will turn up on their doorstep !!! Don't imagine the worst. Fingers crossed & thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Blogger50 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just thought I would check if there was any update (and shamelessly bump the thread in an effort to keep it on page 1;))

B

I've been quietly following this thread and would also love an update! I'm really hoping for this to have a happy ending :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

Like many, many, many others I sign in every day just to see if there's been any update on this - and everytime its bumped my heart gives a little flutter of hope.

I cannot imagine the hell you are going through with him missing this long. Last week my girl disappeared out of sight for about 10 minutes and I was beside myself - so I literally cannot imagine what you are all going through. Every day I cross my little girls paws for you, your family and poor poor Charlie. Human and doggy thoughts are with you from every inch of this country hoping and praying for a reunion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I'm the same have been following it here and on Facebook. I just have this feeling that he is in someone's house. Surely if he was dead you would have found his body or heard of his body being found. Hope I don't upset anybody by saying that. I really do think he's somewhere safe. I've had cats go missing on me before but the difference with cats is sometimes they will go off somewhere to die or if they are sick to hide and be alone whereas a dog just wants shelter and food. Please don't give up xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I feel the same Ziggy. As I said up above at some stage, my instinct tells me that Charlie is safe and well with someone who hasn't a clue that he is being looked for.
    I pray every single day that Charlie and his owner will be reunited. And I do believe that they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Everytime I see an update I think he's been found too. Still thinking about you OP. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Everytime I see an update I think he's been found too. Still thinking about you OP. :(

Me too - I come on to check this throughout the day to see if he's been found! :(

• Advertisement

Thanks a million to each and every one of you for all your lovely comments. I'm sad to say that I still have not found Charlie. He will be missing 3 weeks this coming Thursday and the hope that I had of finding him is so low now. I really appreciate you all saying that you think and feel in your hearts that he is safe and someone is looking after him. I've spent almost every minute of the last 19 days thinking about him, wandering where he is and if he is alive. Unfortunately the last couple of days my mind is more inclined to steer towards him being dead which I hate even typing and it upsets me so much but I just have that feeling. My husband thinks that the only explanation for him being missing this long is that someone "got rid of him". If he was alive and wandering the roads, we'd surely have found him by now? I've posters up, I've rang all the vets, i've rang the pound, i've it on all the lost animal websites, I've asked the postman, i've asked all the neighbours, I've set up a specific facebook page to try find him - nobody has seen any sight of him. It's the only real explanation but then I think about the kind of dog he was and I cant see him pestering sheep or lambs, he was such a quiet, nervous dog, it just wouldnt be like him to go after sheep. Unless there was a dog in heat somewhere near our home and he was wandering out at night for quiet a bit and we never realised it - I just dont know what to think. If that is what happened then whoever did it has surely seen all my posters up everywhere and they're letting me get on with trying to find him knowing that he is dead. Its just so upsetting not knowing what happened to him :(

Advertisement