Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seth Rogan Yay or Nay?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Messerschmitt

He's not supposed to be a good actor. Look at most of the funny people over the years, Owen Wilson, Paul Rudd, Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Jack Black, Steve Carrell, Leslie Nielson etc. They all play pretty much the same character in all of their comedies. It's up to the viewer to mix it up by watching a variety of movies. If you watch one Seth Rogen movie after another, you will get sick of him. If you want better acting and more variety you probably shouldn't watch movies like "Knocked Up" and "Super Bad, and focus more on actors like Kevin Spacey and Steve Buscemi etc. I personally like Seth Rogen though :)

EDIT: George Clooney and John Malkovich are good too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭AoifeCN

I was watching him on Jonathan Ross and I just had to skip through him , it's just the way he acts and talks and oh god that laugh! if I was stuck in a room with him I would probably go mental :p, I can respect he's done very well for himself and he probably will stop acting eventually and just do producing and writing I can only pray that day comes soon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A big YAY for me. I think he is great, been watching him since Freaks and Geeks. Although seemingly playing the same character, the dudes timing is brilliant and does alot of ad-libing. His brand of comedy may not be everyone's cup o tea, but tis mine.

In 50/50, i thought he was excellent, he lightened what could have been a seriously heavy movie. He also showed a bit of range with his sensitive side.

He was also excellent in Undeclared, the scenes where he was stalking were exellent.

Advertisement