Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

Willfarman wrote: »
    Ah them lads have suits of armour. They are hardened sellers!

Or they are feedlots, but just don't realise they are !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

3.90 slaney tomorrow. 4.00 heifers. 3.75 r grade cows ballon meats

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cassidy2

3.90 slaney tomorrow. 4.00 heifers. 3.75 r grade cows ballon meats

Well lads.some game of rugby.fantastic weather.there is a inch to the factory step?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Cassidy2 wrote: »
    Well lads.some game of rugby.fantastic weather.there is a inch to the factory step?

What are you smoking now my friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭locha

Anyone get quoted north of 3.95 for steers this week?

• Advertisement

locha wrote: »
    Anyone get quoted north of 3.95 for steers this week?

Got told 3.90 and in the next breath to hold out a few wks by the agent. He's a pal of the FIL and hasn't led us wrong before.

The only thing that would worry me about holding for a few weeks is when the weather breaks.. the lairage will get filled up..

Hold if the cattle are OK for age and have scope to carry on putting up weight. Sell if their fat or fat Score 3= and heading for 30 mths. The rise won't be big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

3.75 flat overage o&p blks

Hold if the cattle are OK for age and have scope to carry on putting up weight. Sell if their fat or fat Score 3= and heading for 30 mths. The rise won't be big.

Not so sure.alot of grass cattle are killed

• Advertisement

Are you holding cattle Cassidy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

3.85 is all I got today from moyvalley

Are you holding cattle Cassidy?

Holding is a strong word.in this game you can't hold because it costs to much.I wouldn't worry about age.but I would worry about fat class.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Duke92

3.85 is all I got today from moyvalley

Abp are 3.95 they were good to you

Holding is a strong word.in this game you can't hold because it costs to much.I wouldn't worry about age.but I would worry about fat class.

Your not in the Dail cass. You can actually answer the question you were asked. Ya can't fool anyone on this thread , more than we're fooling ourselves anyway.

Your not in the Dail cass. You can actually answer the question you were asked. Ya can't fool anyone on this thread , more than we're fooling ourselves anyway.

Fools and there money 💵.I let you finish it

Do you envisage a big rise in the near future cas? There's a lot of grass cattle still on land here in south east. It will take breakdown in weather to send em to kill or the shed. If they go to shed they are committed for at least a month generally. I still say mid November before we see a significant rise.

Feck all grass cattle left

Fools and there money 💵.I let you finish it

We're all fools sure. Including your good self.

Duke92 wrote: »
    Feck all grass cattle left

Lads panicked when the prices started to drop and sold under finished stock sure.

• Advertisement

Do you envisage a big rise in the near future cas? There's a lot of grass cattle still on land here in south east. It will take breakdown in weather to send em to kill or the shed. If they go to shed they are committed for at least a month generally. I still say mid November before we see a significant rise.
    Up with us when the time changes grass cattle Are nearly finished .not sure about a big.but it will rise

Agree re the fat scores...really have to watch that now especially if you were giving a touch of meal. Best I can get for this week is 390. Thought there would be more going - hopefully next week see the start of an uplift. I think it will be very weather dependent

Up with us when the time changes grass cattle Are nearly finished .not sure about a big.but it will rise

Have you many ready I to go?

Have you many ready I to go?

Around 20 but alot in sheds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭jfh

Lads, I sold a bull to a dealer, is there any where I can see how he killed out?

jfh wrote: »
    Lads, I sold a bull to a dealer, is there any where I can see how he killed out?

If you are registered with Icbf give them a ring and maybe they might help you out... Ah I'm sure you coddled him anyway don't worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

Plenty grass cattle still left in Tipp. 50 yet to go on mine alone alots of neighbours the same. Think some lads codding themselves prices rise much; demand not there. when you are selling beef to the Philippines it says alot about the future of Irish beef.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Very unusual to have a lift in prices at this time of year. First of the rain now here in Clare. I was beginning to forget what it was like.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

barnaman wrote: »
    Plenty grass cattle still left in Tipp. 50 yet to go on mine alone alots of neighbours the same. Think some lads codding themselves prices rise much; demand not there. when you are selling beef to the Philippines it says alot about the future of Irish beef.

That's a load of crap one of the biggest contrats they have is nearly gone if not this week will be next week and they were bought for 4:15 base. And theyed rather draw of the land at 3.95 than use up them dearer cattle but have no choice
    And I don't think your 50 cattle will make much difference what and hours kill somewhere
    And what wrong with the Philippines buying Irish beef there able to buy it of the U.S. And that's one of the dearest markets in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭jfh

He rode me & the bull😂

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement