Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Six Nations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    ironic that the team in front name is "the chasing pack"

Not any more, seeing as I am ranked number one after the first round of games. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

74 points in the Irish times. Stupidly didn't have a designated kicker who was actually kicking irl.

81 and top in the guinness :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Well I'm doing ****

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Bit late joining so will probably be shot as I'm going to take 1st place I think :). This isn't soccer is the team name.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Not any more, seeing as I am ranked number one after the first round of games. :cool:

i'm directly under you, as usual. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Bit late joining so will probably be shot as I'm going to take 1st place I think :). This isn't soccer is the team name.
    I don't think you can take first because you've missed the first round, i think your points don't count....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

I don't think you can take first because you've missed the first round, i think your points don't count....
    His team hasnt joined the league yet but points he got will still count. He's in 1st

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Fair play 17th overall, you are doing well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

At least I'm not last (yet), and I'm beating someone called George Hook?????:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

10th sure we'll take that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Quick question (first time doing a fantasy team thingy!), do you change team members prior to every weekend of games (incase they are benched/injured etc), I see I have 5 transfers. Do I get 5 changes for every weekend of games?
    If so anyone know when the teams should be announced? head to Paris Thursday morning so need to make any changes before then.
    thanks.

eta - not that I'm doing that well as it is!

pc7 wrote: »
    Quick question (first time doing a fantasy team thingy!), do you change team members prior to every weekend of games (incase they are benched/injured etc), I see I have 5 transfers. Do I get 5 changes for every weekend of games?
    If so anyone know when the teams should be announced? head to Paris Thursday morning so need to make any changes before then.
    thanks.

eta - not that I'm doing that well as it is!
    Yes you change them. You can make 5 changes between each round of games.
    Teams usually announced any day from tuesday to friday the week before games.
    Some of the teams mightnt be announced until thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Need one player to complete my changes, can only be either a Scottish or Italian player and i already have Parisse (Ita) and Denton (Sco)

Any sugguestions????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Zanni?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Wonder what is gonna happen with the postponed game
    A meeting will be held on Monday to discuss the repercussions of the postponement of the France v Ireland match and possible options going forward.

An announcement will be made on the site and in the game news emails in due course. Please do not contact us regarding this matter in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Bump.

How we all doing, I'm not to bad 7th and 17th in boards leagues, the Ireland/France canceled match ruined the Guinness one for me as my team was full of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

25th in Irish times boards league........I chose Mr. Parra as my kicker thinking that France were gonna destroy Scotland. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

DEVEREUX wrote: »
    25th in Irish times boards league........I chose Mr. Parra as my kicker thinking that France were gonna destroy Scotland. :mad:
    you should have know that ireland was gonna destroy italy and chosen sexton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

slipped down a bit in the Irish Times one as I thought Wales would do better but in 2nd in the Guinness one
    Guinness one is not a patch on the Irish Times game - it seems overly complicated and is not very user friendly

tui0hcg wrote: »
    slipped down a bit in the Irish Times one as I thought Wales would do better but in 2nd in the Guinness one
    Guinness one is not a patch on the Irish Times game - it seems overly complicated and is not very user friendly
    guinness is much better as have to pick the best or most suitable players in each position rather than like in the irish times game just pick 8 backrows and 5 top try scoring wingers.

• Advertisement

ormond lad wrote: »
    guinness is much better as have to pick the best or most suitable players in each position rather than like in the irish times game just pick 8 backrows and 5 top try scoring wingers.

agreed to a certain extent but its a bit of a dose to use the site as its not really user friendly and is very hard to use on a phone for example and also I dislike the way you can choose 6 players from a team - means you don't have to pick anyone from Italy or Scotland unless you are really stuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Whats the craic with the Irish Times one regarding the same XV being picked for the Ireland France match. I had Medard playing in that but now he's injured!

Madworld wrote: »
    Whats the craic with the Irish Times one regarding the same XV being picked for the Ireland France match. I had Medard playing in that but now he's injured!

Good point, just checked it and it looks like we have to play the players we had picked for the original match, they will set your team for you.:eek: Oh feck.

Also will they put your team back to where it was after this weekend or leave it the way it was picked for the original match?

The Guinness one says that there's no team changes for the match but doesn't make it clear if that is from your original picks or from this weekends matches.

Sportsguru wants you to make new predictions for the match.

Ok the Guinness league will let you use the 4 changes for the I v F match but they are the changes for the following weekend also, 4 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

holy cow - i'm in first :p

donnacha wrote: »
    holy cow - i'm in first :p

Well done, Tommy Bowe has been very good to you.
    Just checked the top twenty teams and I'm the only gobsh1te that hasn't had Bowe in his team.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Problem with Guinness and I guess other fantasy leagues is that they are missing some inform players like Yoann Maestri.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

Problem with Guinness and I guess other fantasy leagues is that they are missing some inform players like Yoann Maestri.

Actually the experts over at Guinness have him listed as a front row player!

Ended up 1st in the Guinness Boards league and I was 3rd yesterday in the Guinness Munster Rugby Supporters Club league (which wins a prize:) ) but all of a sudden I have dropped to 4th this morning :confused: I really dont know how that happened. Bah :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Ended up 1st in the Guinness Boards league and I was 3rd yesterday in the Guinness Munster Rugby Supporters Club league (which wins a prize:) ) but all of a sudden I have dropped to 4th this morning :confused: I really dont know how that happened. Bah :mad:

What was the highest points total in the guiness one?

Advertisement