Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The YooToob thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Both the tour bus driving and the reaction of the other drivers are unfortunately very much par for the course here, everyone for themselves.

so whats the thinking? you crashed, tough luck and if your seriously injured or die you can just wait until the emergency services come along later?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Dougie Lampkin just wheeled the whole 37.7 miles of the Isle Of Man TT Snaefell Mountain Course. Absolute hero. I used to love watching him in the World Trials Cahmpionship.

https://twitter.com/RedBullUK/status/780106533682180096

I need to see if there is a full video released in the next few days.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

neris wrote: »
    so whats the thinking? you crashed, tough luck and if your seriously injured or die you can just wait until the emergency services come along later?

There's a lot of &*^%ed up thinking and lack of thinking behind it.

Some are very superstitious and won't stop in case someone died and the ghost is still around looking for a victim to cling to (I know).

In some cases people have been blamed for causing an accident when they stopped to help, particularly 1 vehicle accidents or even people tripping over in the street ~ you must have had something to do with it otherwise why would you have stopped?

What can be worse is with lower speed accidents the immediate action of the driver at fault is to try and have the person who was hit stand up, so you see motorcyclists who have been hit at intersections with the car driver trying to drag them standing ~ sure you'll be grand...

Culture has a huge amount to do with it, if someone is not in your family or immediate circle then *&^% em is the general thinking.

Insurance or lack of it is another issue, cheaper insurance here does not have unlimited cover, for third party injuries it's somewhere around a EU 100,000 cap and for vehicle damage around EU30,000 depends on the policy however if you have a low policy and do significant damage to an expensive vehicle the tendency is to run. There was a horrible practice in the past which has thankfully stopped where injuring a person meant you were personally responsible for their hospital treatment for life, killing them outright meant a one off compensation to the family, so if someone had significant injuries some drivers helped finish them off in order to avoid long term payments...

Anyway, way off topic, TLDR people generally won't stop to help unless they caused the accident and have no choice and then they may make things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

If you're looking for something to watch. Thanks to the chat thread for bringing these up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

"Watch this.."

Clip is from 2012, but I'd not heard of this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

No other dealer in Cork is going to sell any cars. Possibly no other dealer in the country.

I'm off to buy a Skoda or SEAT from Johnny!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Jesus. wrote: »

Judging by that trailer, there is nothing 'original' about that series..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I'm rather disappointed they didn't shake it up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

rizzodun wrote: »
    Judging by that trailer, there is nothing 'original' about that series..
    Yes there is. The staged lines like Hammond's "which arm is broken?" are even more obvious. Wreck of a show. I don't understand how these morons are so popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Quazzie wrote: »
    Yes there is. The staged lines like Hammond's "which arm is broken?" are even more obvious. Wreck of a show. I don't understand how these morons are so popular.

That was my first though when he said that. I see explosions, dressed in army Gear, old bangers being destroyed ....... they need to stop flogging that poor old horse.

It will however be hugely popular and people will love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Everybody will still watch it. Including you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

neris wrote: »
    1:06 is on the N4 isn't it?

1:06 is on the N4 isn't it?

Think the 1st clip is a poster over on the dashcam thread

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Christian von Koenigsegg on the Regera. Absolutely love this rich car nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

• Advertisement

ARGINITE wrote: »

:eek: Have to wonder why it had to be jacked up so high, suppose if you're going to do it you might as well go all out!

Advertisement