Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The YooToob thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Dartz wrote: »
    Looks like it got kicked off by a catseye or something. It's a really peculiar one.

Peculiar? It's simple hydroplaning. He was flying, the road was soaking and the tyres weren't up to it.

FYI, that's how quick it can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Pique wrote: »
    Peculiar? It's simple hydroplaning. He was flying, the road was soaking and the tyres weren't up to it.

FYI, that's how quick it can happen.

Exactly if you look/listen to the video just before he loses control he hits a massive amount of standing water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

ardmacha wrote: »
    Expect the unexpected! I hope the guy in front has seat covers, or he may have brown seats.

I actually rode a motorcycle through there about 1 hour before this on that day, was well soaked by the time I got home. At about 3 or 4 seconds in you can see the boulder dislodging from the mountain top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Discovered a very good youtube channel,
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEsbHTupMY0Ul3nb9FFGF_g

Think he is based in Germany, but theres no dialog so not a problem.

On the BMW M4 review/test drive, the car sounds a lot better than many of the other reviews I've heard, not sure why!?

Also its the first review I've seen where they bothered to lift the bonnet, and lo and behold theres a ginormous charge cooler under there!
    Never seen one of those on a production car before, but maybe they are not uncommon.

Mercedes E400 (saw an E400 convertible in Gorey today - UK reg of course:()

Mercedes C220 (Think its a direct injection petrol - sounds diesel like!)
    edit - actually it is a Diesel, the badging confused me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

This guy had enough of his Chinese knock off X5 :

Watching too much Clarkson too I would say!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

mb1725 wrote: »

They should have crash it remotely instead .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

mb1725 wrote: »

He was a bit close to the motor when it went up..... I wonder how old it was, the rust on the brake disc was nice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

BigEejit wrote: »
    He was a bit close to the motor when it went up..... I wonder how old it was, the rust on the brake disc was nice

I think I heard them say it was 10 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

It's basically how the Chinese motor industry works.... it's all about appearrances on the surface and keeping up appearrances. Chinese motorists want a car that looks luxury and looks upmarket, with lots of onboard toys and 'luxury' features, while the rest of the car really doesn't matter to them. It's how you can have a big comfy 4 door saloon with a lot of advertised toys, coupled to an anemic engine driving a 3-speed automatic with overdrive. It's a lot like the old malaise-era Detroit cars, built to last a few years and give the flash impression of awesome newness and luxury features, but built massively down to the bare minimum everwhere you couldn't see. And in any places you could.

It's basically an entire automotive industry selling variants of the Wagon Queen Family Truckster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

nd wrote: »

If it were only that easy and quick.:D
    Good video though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

This chap has such control, seamless drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

A while ago this was posted...
    Ken Block is back.
    845WHP 4wd '67 Mustang.

...now here's the car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

DoBhrionn wrote: »
    A while ago this was posted...

...now here's the car

Great piece. After watching that you can probably say that no Mustangs were harmed in the making of that film!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

*Kol* wrote: »
    Great piece. After watching that you can probably say that no Mustangs were harmed in the making of that film!! :)

Then I can dig it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Thought ye'd like a bit of homebrewed straight through SR20 goodness :)
    Cut the video because I doubt ye'd want to sit through 15 mins of it either :D

Rolling start from c.50kph

200kg lighter, 250bhp more, 110Nm torques more, what did we think was gonna happen?
    There's no replacement for displacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Human-powered Lada.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The12thMan

Epic!!!! asshatary

The12thMan wrote: »
    Epic!!!! asshatary

At least he nailed the cnut. I hate people who are too stupid to drive at a reasonable speed and to inbred and thick to allow anyone else past them.
    Official:
    I condemn the reckless actions of the lorry driver in the strongest possible terms
    /Official
    But not like that thick little sh*t in the pickup wasn't asking for it.

edit:
    unless the truck was blocking the "fast" lane. I cannot tell which side they drive on, because everyone is all over the place.

At least he nailed the cnut. .

:eek::eek::eek:

WTF? OK the Hilux may have been driving stupidly and without any awareness of the truck but god-damn, the truck was lethal. He could've taken anyone out who happened to be in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Both the pickup driver and the truck driver need to watch Frozen....

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

I ****ing hate that film.

:eek::eek::eek:

WTF? OK the Hilux may have been driving stupidly and without any awareness of the truck but god-damn, the truck was lethal. He could've taken anyone out who happened to be in the way.

Oh yes, the truck driver is baths*t crazy. The Toyota driver is the perfect example of a guy who says "I drive whichever way I see fit and fcuk anyone else". Usually the type to speed up and move out when overtaken and to do that to a truck should be instant license gone. When you point out to these people that one day they're going to piss off the wrong guy, they usually respond with posturing and laugh it off. The above is a good clip to point out that its better not to start sh*t on the road in the first place, especially some self appointed road warrior who thinks he should enforce the rules of the road. Yesr, truck driver is mental, but Toyota driver is a repressed wild west sheriff and got himself stuffed in a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

edit:
    unless the truck was blocking the "fast" lane. I cannot tell which side they drive on, because everyone is all over the place.

Thailand, "officially" they drive on the left!

All that meandering & weaving tends to work well there too, well, apart from when extreme road rage is applied :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Dartz wrote: »
    I ****ing hate that film.

Is that you hilux driver?

Advertisement