Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Dating, Personal Dating Sites etc

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Do you know something? I was almost there, publishing what I FELT like saying, but...nah, you're not worth it. You have an opinion on everything. (from what I gather from your posts), but intuition says you have limited or little experience in whatever! That in my books, is unacceptable.

Constraints kicked in, so Freedom of speech went out the window. OK!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Do you know something? I was almost there, publishing what I FELT like saying, but...nah, you're not worth it. You have an opinion on everything. (from what I gather from your posts), but intuition says you have limited or little experience in whatever! That in my books, is unacceptable.
    Ah, my age is it?

I'll tell you what, I've met lads in their early 20s without much of a clue and a grasp on things. I've met other people my age with more experience, maturity and cop on than myself and many with less. Age doesn't always mean much as there aren't any set ages saying we should or shouldn't know this or that by whatever time.

You're free to think what you like, doesn't bother me the slightest, but if you're dismissing whatever I'm saying purely based on my age then that's your problem. Worse again if you go by what you think the typical 18 year old should experience as I'm not exactly typical of the average 18 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

"Ah, my age is it? "

Lad, as sure as God is my witness, I had no idea what your age was.... MY thoughts expand beyond a person's existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

OH Christ...I am really biting my tongue now........

Oh for **** sake.

Why is it that a confident self assured young gay man without crippling esteem issues and insecurity about his sexuality bothers people so much?

It's good to see at least one person on here with a healthy attitude towards being gay.

Most people post here just complain about how they can't meet anybody. More often than not, it's because their attitude to the whole thing cripples their chances.

Somebody comes along with a healthy attitude (which is the same attitude that most straight men his age have) and people get bitchy?

And yes, it's possible to pull in straight bars. I haven't done it very often but I've done it. And it wasn't that hard. Just need to know the signals. Most people are too shy though to look for them or to send them out.

I imagine it might be easier in places with no gay bars, as the gays are spread out in regular pubs, rather than congregating in one or two spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

To be honest, I'm not interested in bi or curious lads.

I'm amazed that nobody picked up on this where people have such strong opinions on sexuality being unrelated to personality...

What's wrong with bi guys?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

I'm amazed that nobody picked up on this where people have such strong opinions on sexuality being unrelated to personality...

To be honest, I'm surprised a Mod brought this up - this could easily become contentious and lead the thread off-topic. Since I was replying to the previous poster's reference of happening to finding bi/curious lads I just stated my interests and moved on. If you are genuinely curious, I'm happy to PM?

In the meantime, I haven't updated on an earlier poster's recommendation of Plenty of Fish. I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised. It's true, most people even wear clothes. I really think it's a better environment for the possibility of a good friendship or more. I have used other sites and while I'd say I've been successful in finding friends/dates in the past, I'm less convinced some of them are healthy environments generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

To be honest, I'm surprised a Mod brought this up - this could easily become contentious and lead the thread off-topic. Since I was replying to the previous poster's reference of happening to finding bi/curious lads I just stated my interests and moved on. If you are genuinely curious, I'm happy to PM?

If you have an issue with my post report it, backseat modding is not an acceptable means of circumventing a question.

I'm not quietly curious, you dismissed bi people on a public forum on the basis of sexuality, I'm going to call you out on that because it's not okay, and I'm doing so as a poster, not a mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

If you have an issue with my post report it, backseat modding is not an acceptable means of circumventing a question.

I'm not quietly curious, you dismissed bi people on a public forum on the basis of sexuality, I'm going to call you out on that because it's not okay, and I'm doing so as a poster, not a mod.

I didn't have a problem with your post, I said I was trying to stay on topic. You said backseat modding is not acceptable to avoiding your question, not the rules, are you telling me to answer you? If you're asking me as a poster and not a mod then you'll have to respect my answer: I'm not interested in discussing this here. For the sake of intellectual curiosity, which I totally understand, I did offer to discuss it privately and you declined. Unless you do wish to chat about it privately then this will be my final refernece to this in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭paulmorro

Fine then News.... As a bi person, if you found me on a dating website you would ignore because of my sexuality? Is that on topic enough for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Could we keep this discussion to the merits of different sites etc

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

As I said, more often than not attitude is the problem.

If you're not willing to be open minded about the type of person you would like to meet or the type of relationship you want, you're going to find it very hard to find somebody you are compatible with who ticks all your predefined boxes and preconceptions.

The "curious" guys I would be wary of, though wouldn't draw any hard and fast lines.

Not that I have anything against them but I know how ****ed your head can be during the curious stage so I wouldn't really be interested in taking that on casually or lightly.

Edit - sorry, posted before I saw the mod note.

Advertisement