Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

johnnydeep wrote: »
    while you could quite clearly see what was happening you chose to sit behind him clearly giving the people behind you no chance of progressing. he was a tool but he wasn't the only one

There was traffic in the right hand lane, then the light turned red. Your response reminds me of many typical drivers whereby if they think they have been wronged then they can do whatever they want in order to try and rectify the situation as in their eyes it's not really their fault.

Are johnnydeep and patrician part of some anti-dashcam brigade that have just formed to prevent this terrible evil from overtaking our fair nation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Opinicus wrote: »
    There was traffic in the right hand lane, then the light turned red. Your response reminds me of many typical drivers whereby if they think they have been wronged then they can do whatever they want in order to try and rectify the situation as in their eyes it's not really their fault.

Agreed.
    Must admit I'd love to see their driving skills if they defend a driver who blocks a left-hand turn and don't see any issue with making an illegal left-hand turn in a lane that is only for going straight on or right :D

In fact the other day I was at a set of traffic lights (in the right lane), left lane is for left only, right lane for straight on only. Lights go green, taxi driver goes from left lane into mine and almost hits me, had to slam on, unfortunately I had forgotten to put the micro-sd card back into my dashcam so no recording of it. I'm guessing that patrician and johnnydeep consider the taxi driver to be in the right in that situation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

This is what I caught a week or two ago:

Driving on the wrong side of the road, breaking a red light and taking an illegal turn...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

And the nice orderly queue of cyclists in the cycle lane overtaken by one in a hurry turning left across them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 patrician

kingtut wrote: »
    Must admit I'd love to see their driving skills if they defend a driver who blocks a left-hand turn and don't see any issue with making an illegal left-hand turn in a lane that is only for going straight on or right :D

I promise you, the gaping chasm that exists between my skill level and your own will only widen as you age and (hopefully) improve.

Your video makes you look a proper numpty. One day, when you have some driving experience, you may look back at it and be rightfully embarrassed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

patrician wrote: »
    Your video post makes you look a proper numpty. One day, when you have some driving Boards posting experience, you may look back at it and be rightfully embarrassed.

There you go, ive fixed your post as the wording can be used for or against you on here. No need for a Thank You card at this present moment in time.

patrician wrote: »
    I promise you, the gaping chasm that exists between my skill level and your own will only widen as you age and (hopefully) improve.

Your video makes you look a proper numpty. One day, when you have some driving experience, you may look back at it and be rightfully embarrassed.

You wanted me to make an ILLEGAL left hand turn !!!! You are clearly the one lacking in experience !
    I do not claim to be a perfect driver however I know the rules of the road and parking on a double yellow line (and turning left when it is forebidden) are NOT part of the ROTR.

My driving does not make me look like a numpty, it shows what to do in that situation. I was not blocking traffic (the parked van was) and I could not move into the other lane as the light was red and full of cars.

I really hope I never encounter you on the road with your obvious lack of knowledge for the rules of the road.

ando wrote: »
    This is what I caught a week or two ago:

Driving on the wrong side of the road, breaking a red light and taking an illegal turn...

Probably patrician driving, so in that case an excellent example of skilful driving :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭rocky

Let's move on to the next clip, shall we? :D

Check out this micra and my super human skillz :pac: - wasn't expecting him to brake at the green light.

PS. I don't think I've beeped at him - what you hear is on the radio... and has an echo... I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Its the Magic Roundabout! If you sat there and videoed that roundabout all day you would see at least a hundred red light breakers from the Dunnes side going to the Galway Shopping centre, surprised there is not more accidents at it, sheer luck really.
    rocky wrote: »

Check out this micra and my super human skillz :pac: - wasn't expecting him to break at the green light.

PS. I don't think I've beeped at him - what you hear is on the radio... and has an echo... I think :)

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Its the Magic Roundabout! If you sat there and videoed that roundabout all day you would see at least a hundred red light breakers from the Dunnes side going to the Galway Shopping centre, surprised there is not more accidents at it, sheer luck really.
    hah thats on a good day , saw worse one day when a gob ****e stoped at middle of roundbout cos he saw red lite for other lane of traffic..beep beep beep.

Another idiot I came across:

I can see 2 idiots in that clip :)

:eek::eek::eek:

Such erratic and crazy driving! I'm surprised they even bothered with the indicators though :confused:

"I'm indicating so driving like a maniac is ok" :rolleyes:

Nice catch ando !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I can see 2 idiots in that clip :)

Or 3 even ?! ;)

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭johnnydeep

your driving in the overtaking lane despite not overtaking anything and seem to be struggling to stay in that lane had a few bevvies maybe. at least your headlights appear to be working.

kingtut wrote: »
    You wanted me to make an ILLEGAL left hand turn !!!! You are clearly the one lacking in experience !
    I do not claim to be a perfect driver however I know the rules of the road and parking on a double yellow line (and turning left when it is forebidden) are NOT part of the ROTR.

My driving does not make me look like a numpty, it shows what to do in that situation. I was not blocking traffic (the parked van was) and I could not move into the other lane as the light was red and full of cars.

I really hope I never encounter you on the road with your obvious lack of knowledge for the rules of the road.

what illegal left turn or you talking about

Check out this micra and my super human skillz :pac: - wasn't expecting him to brake at the green light.

if this is a clip of you driving well I would hate to see one of your bad driving. did you just enter a roundabout and nearly hit a car that was already on it

No, that was me at my worst :p. He was brake testing me / attempting an insurance scam... Understandable, as the lack of ///M badges made him unaware of my superior MSport suspension and handling :D

No, that was me at my worst :p. He was brake testing me / attempting an insurance scam... Understandable, as the lack of ///M badges made him unaware of my superior MSport suspension and handling :D

not a hedgehog so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

your driving in the overtaking lane despite not overtaking anything and seem to be struggling to stay in that lane had a few bevvies maybe. at least your headlights appear to be working.

I think you've had a few bevvies. Here, let me help you:

You're driving in the overtaking lane despite not overtaking anyone and seem to be struggling to stay in that lane. Had a few bevvies maybe? At least your headlights appear to be working.

dutopia wrote: »
    I think you've had a few bevvies. Here, let me help you:

You're driving in the overtaking lane despite not overtaking anyone and seem to be struggling to stay in that lane. Had a few bevvies maybe? At least your headlights appear to be working.

that's the best you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

I notice a lot of aggressive people carriers lately, usually in speed limited areas. Most of them have 'baby on board' stickers too.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

what illegal left turn or you talking about
    if this is a clip of you driving well I would hate to see one of your bad driving. did you just enter a roundabout and nearly hit a car that was already on it
    while you could quite clearly see what was happening you chose to sit behind him clearly giving the people behind you no chance of progressing. he was a tool but he wasn't the only one
    the fiesta driver has no idea about safe driving I se these knobs every day. never want to give an inch he would have saved petrol and got to where he wanted to go quicker by driving with a bit of cop on

I honestly think you are trolling everyone who posts a video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The poster also appears to have cut across 2 lanes on the roundabout for no apparent reason.

The Micra was driving entirely normally other than a slight hesitation. Shouldn't be that close to it in the first place.

gutteruu wrote: »

well the name of the thread should be changed from something which sounds interesting to something that describes the mind numbingly boring videos put up. something like installing a dash camera makes you self rightheous and sanctamonous

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you can always spot them because they can't spell. ;)

edit: point proven. :D

and yet you still haven't told us why you parked behind the van instead of turning left legally. what if the van had broke down would you still be sitting there now

Hmm, ok

First of all, Go away. I've been around here long enough to know what you're doing.

Second, YOu may want to run your words thwough sp3ll cheek beef0r3 post1ng

Instead of spluttering out negative comments and getting the attention you want, explain to me how I was to overtake the car infront??? What’s the procedure in that scenario?? Please, go on.. I'm waiting for the Jag to pass the white van and go into the driving lane, while keeping a safe distance behind. I'm in the overtaking lane because I intend to overtake?? I'm making the jag aware that I want to overtake while not being up their ar$e. How do you make your intention known that you want to overtake, what would you do differently? Do you get up their arse? The way you're complaining I presume you do. Oh, I see, you're one of "those" drivers we all love.

Less of the smart remarks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I agree.
    johnnydeep is now banned from this thread, if he posts again he will be banned from the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement