Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tzardine wrote: »
    I expect the insurance company will be on to me for a copy.
    You should only give footage to the Garda. The participants and insurers should get it from the Garda, not you.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Russian Garage vs tornado

I wonder would it have been any better if he hadn't the garage door open? Probably not, considering the house afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Most have been the full moon . The driving I seen all day while working in Dublin today was terrible.

Prime example. 05 TN 2255

GAA final weeks are always a bit nuts. You should have seen the carry on on the M50 after the match. One fan sitting on the window ledge videoing his mates in another car.

On a motorway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Tzardine wrote: »
    So. This happened to me today. A change of trousers was needed.

This poor fücker nearly brought the farm. From Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It seems thread gets derailed by roundabout chat/confusion.
    I have repeatedly asked for it to stop but it seems it just won't go away and it drowns out the videos.

Therefore as suggest I can create a thread: "How to use a roundabout" and move over all the roundabout posts so this thread can stay on target.
    Ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

biko wrote: »
    [...] I can create a thread: "How to use a roundabout" and move over all the roundabout posts so this thread can stay on target.
    [...]

Oh yes, please please please. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

biko wrote: »
    It seems thread gets derailed by roundabout chat....
    Therefore as suggest I can create a thread: "How to use a roundabout" and move over all the roundabout posts so this thread can stay on target.
    Ok?

Magic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

All RB here please
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057288436

if there are posts left in this thread you feel should go into the RB thread, please report them and mods will have a look, thanks y'all!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Not sure if this has been up before...

Good old Dash Cam Mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been up before...

Good old Dash Cam Mayhem.

BB gun? ****ing mental place, russia is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Serious **** going on in London, wonder if the cyclist had jumped a red light or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

That insurance scammer video above, I mean, what the actual F*CK!! I liked the fella near the end who got out and gave the other guy a good smack for his troubles.

I don't like to wish bad things on people, but I am having some very dark thoughts as to what I think those people deserve. I hope they have the most painful and drawn out deaths in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

postitnote wrote: »
    That insurance scammer video above, I mean, what the actual F*CK!! I liked the fella near the end who got out and gave the other guy a good smack for his troubles.

I don't like to wish bad things on people, but I am having some very dark thoughts as to what I think those people deserve. I hope they have the most painful and drawn out deaths in the future.

The one towards the end where the driver gets out and punches the scammer is a bit longer, he kicks the crap of of him and drags him off the road... Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

OUCH!!! :eek: (@Snugborough Road at lunchtime)

321941.JPG

321942.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

How did that happen ?
    Car turns right while van is doing the same vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Am I the only one seeing this trend?

I've seen it twice before,
    Posted the other two before, but included below for those who didn't see already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

The last video was right dodgy but what got me was the amount of cars without any lights on at all.
    Same as this morning in heavy fog, N3 onto M50 and half the cars hadn't even got a sidelight on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    How did that happen ?
    Car turns right while van is doing the same vice versa

I work near there, saw the aftermath at lunchtime. The impression I got was that the van was doing a quick u-turn at the entrance to the industrial estate and the car may have cut the corner when turning in. Probably hear the full story next week.

The last video was right dodgy but what got me was the amount of cars without any lights on at all.
    Same as this morning in heavy fog, N3 onto M50 and half the cars hadn't even got a sidelight on

Actually that was at 5:30 this evening and it was very bright, so much so that the camera got totally confused about the exposure and made it look ultra dark. So safe to ignore the lighting.

edit:
    Oh I guess you were talking about the old clip with the Mercedes, yeah in that clip people would have been safer having their lights on as it was fairly dull that morning.

• Advertisement

Be safe, be seen!
    That message simply isn't getting through.

@dolanbaker, your SIG says DLR rather than DRL.

The be safe be seen message wasn't aimed at drivers though, I guess it should be though.

@dolanbaker, your SIG says DLR rather than DRL.

The be safe be seen message wasn't aimed at drivers though, I guess it should be though.

oops :o

Thinking of the DLR (docklands light railway) :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Some bad driving in 30 mins around the Ongar distributor Road's ...
    Clip 1. Red light jumpers
    2. Undertaking and speeding in a 24hr bus lane
    3. Undertaking and speeding in a 24hr bus lane
    4. Car in front almost sideswipes a car thats almost on our side of the road driving across the ghost island

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eric159

Would come in handy for motorcyclists also..

I was driving in a 24hr bus lane myself today!
    At Newlands cross the leftmost lane had been rebranded as City/M50 North for the last few months, but now they've undone it and stuck a sign up "bus-lane reinstated".

Lots of people still going down the left lane since they've not removed the road markings!
    What a mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

At Newlands cross the leftmost lane had been rebranded as City/M50 North for the last few months, but now they've undone it and stuck a sign up "bus-lane reinstated".

Lots of people still going down the left lane since they've not removed the road markings!
    What a mess.
    Ugh, I'll be heading home that way this evening. I'm not looking forward to the inevitable chaos and panicked lane changes. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

What a mess.

Plus, where after the left/right split - now the two lanes are for "city" whereas for the past while, the rightmost lane was for right turn to belgard only.
    Caused additional confusion, but I managed to skip approx 15 mins of traffic by reading the signs.
    Wish they'd just stop messin with it tbh it's a hell of a junction at the best of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

place to test desh cam accuracy :

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Here are 3 clips
    First one - a truck locking up
    Second one - a night - roundabout cutting
    Third one - The golf was actually reversing and the 407 at the very far toll both was also reversing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement