Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭be wide of me

I'm having an issue with battery charging. I have the phone charging for the last 10 hours and it's stuck on 81% have googled it, it's happened to other android phone's but no solution!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm having an issue with battery charging. I have the phone charging for the last 10 hours and it's stuck on 81% have googled it, it's happened to other android phone's but no solution!!

Let it discharge and try again?

Also, what charger are you using, the S has some serious drain so older chargers and USB ports can have trouble charging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭be wide of me

I used the Sony charger supplied with the phone and also used my gf's new htc one charger both with the same results! I let the phone completely discharge last night from 81% yesterday evening. Had it charging from 7am to 4pm today and it was still 81%. Had the phone on lowest display brightness too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I used the Sony charger supplied with the phone and also used my gf's new htc one charger both with the same results! I let the phone completely discharge last night from 81% yesterday evening. Had it charging from 7am to 4pm today and it was still 81%. Had the phone on lowest display brightness too.

Try Reset the phone maybe (Vol up and Lock Button)

Your battery stats are fúcked.

Think a hard reset will reset them, if not, google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Yeah...the date has changed so many times, dont believe a word the sony dev team says, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

@ED E
    Did you get the yellow screen fixed. Mine has shown up over the last 2 days. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Mines been with Fonfix for over 3 weeks now! Emailed them during the week and they don't have the part to fix it! Same as I've been hearing from other sites! :mad:
    Hi Marc,

We are still awaiting the necessary parts to repair your handset. I have checked with the workshop and we do not have an estimated date yet I’m afraid.

Regards

@marcbrophy
    So would I be better waiting a few weeks untill they have stock and the likes

• Advertisement

@ED E
    Did you get the yellow screen fixed. Mine has shown up over the last 2 days. :mad:

Nah, they just sent it back to the three store. Still weighing up my options but its looking like a OneX at this point :/

ED E wrote: »
    Nah, they just sent it back to the three store. Still weighing up my options but its looking like a OneX at this point :/

getting your money back is it?

@marcbrophy

You might be better off! Had I know, I'd been without my phone for so long, I'd have waited :)

@marcbrophy

You're more looking at a few months. It seemed that later build codes were safe but then some of them have got the yellow tint, and thats the latest stock internationally, and service centres everywhere are requesting new panels so they'll be back ordered for god knows how long.
    getting your money back is it?

Yep. I wish I didnt have to(K750-C902-X10-XS) but its not something I can put up with for the next 2+ years and if I wait I'll have a harder time getting the repair/refund. How sony could miss such a big flaw is beyond me :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

You're more looking at a few months. It seemed that later build codes were safe but then some of them have got the yellow tint, and thats the latest stock internationally, and service centres everywhere are requesting new panels so they'll be back ordered for god knows how long.

Yep. I wish I didnt have to(K750-C902-X10-XS) but its not something I can put up with for the next 2+ years and if I wait I'll have a harder time getting the repair/refund. How sony could miss such a big flaw is beyond me :rolleyes:

if you get a one x you wont look back to the xperia s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I'm confused now....so your experia develops a yellow screen issue within 2 months of getting it and you are expected to send it off to be repaired which takes weeks and weeks...why isnt this an automatic replacement from Sony for a well known issue? What exactly are you supposed to do while your phone is off being "fixed"??? Or am I missing something here?

Ludo wrote: »
    I'm confused now....so your experia develops a yellow screen issue within 2 months of getting it and you are expected to send it off to be repaired which takes weeks and weeks...why isnt this an automatic replacement from Sony for a well known issue? What exactly are you supposed to do while your phone is off being "fixed"??? Or am I missing something here?

Your bang on.

If you're billpay your network may give you a sh1t dumbphone in the meantime, prepay you can forget it.

They're far too stingy to replace, and the replacement would also likely have the tint(people on XDA have had 4 tinted phones in a row!). Hate to say it, just get the OneX

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Anyone get a Vodafone locked one from CPW? Are they developing the problem as well?

Not really gonna matter who you bought it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Are you entitled to ask for a refund or will they keep trying to get it 'repaired'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not really gonna matter who you bought it from.
    How so? It's a fault that has occurred on one particular batch, not all of them. Perhaps the batch that CPW managed to get locked to Vodafone are problem free. Maybe they're not. All I can do is ask. My upgrade should finally be here and I'm still thinking of going for this phone, I like good chunky bits of tech and I still think this has potential to be a decent phone. If the price remains the same in June it's €49 on My Way Plus 24 month versus €99 for a HTC One S, €199 for a One X and I'd imagine that the Samsung SIII will be in around the same ball park as the One S.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Well rang meteor...outside 28 days (just) so repair only option apparently. Rang sony...no replacements will be offered. Post it off to dublin to get repaired. What a load of bollix. Lesson learned...never buy a sony product again.

HTC Desire bricked with a fault after about 18 months...now this after less then 2 months from Sony....looking like I may be going the dreaded iPhone route soon...absolutely pissed off at Sony now.

flazio wrote: »
    How so? It's a fault that has occurred on one particular batch, not all of them. Perhaps the batch that CPW managed to get locked to Vodafone are problem free. Maybe their not. All I can do is ask. My upgrade should finally be here and I'm still thinking of going for this phone, I like good chunky bits of tech and I still think this has potential to be a decent phone. If the price remains the same in June it's €49 on My Way Plus 24 month versus €99 for a HTC One S, €199 for a One X and I'd imagine that the Samsung SIII will be in around the same ball park as the One S.

This is what sony are saying. It IS NOT the case. Pretty much all build codes(and any stock thats been in and branded yet) that have got as far as the UK/Ireland have been affected. Some people got new imports(generics) that are very new stock and they *may* be clean.

Description: LT26I
    Current Status: CLOSED
    Status Date: 01/06/12
    Comments: FAULTY LCD DISPLAY MODULE
    REPLACED DISPLAY MODULE
    YOUR HANDSET HAS THE LATEST MANUFACTUER APPROVED SOFTWARE
    UNIT HAS BEEN TESTED AND MEETS MANUFACTURER SPECIFICATIONS
    PLEASE KEEP PHONE AWAY FROM DUST AND DIRT.

Good news it seems.

Did it come back to you ED?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I've not had the problem on many Xperia S. Bought from cpw, unlocked. Don't think it is that widespread an issue outside the earliest models. Hope not anyway.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Did it come back to you ED?

Was meant to get a text when it was ready for collection, but havent go anything, so gonna call em when they open today and see.

Was meant to get a text when it was ready for collection, but havent go anything, so gonna call em when they open today and see.
    Lucky bastard :D
    The Xperia S2 will be announced before I get mine back at this rate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

It is already, its the Xperia GX

• Advertisement

billbond4 wrote: »
    It is already, its the Xperia GX
    Damn it!!

Advertisement