Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Race Series

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

From Training Peaks I have around 310W AP, 330W NP for 29:30 of the bike section of the race.
    My indoor 20min was 263W so 250W for indoor.

Is there usually that much difference between in and out?

Looks like you b1tched out on the indoor test. 310 would be what I'd have said was your FTP - sprint distance bike splits are a very good marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

tunney wrote: »
    Looks like you b1tched out on the indoor test. 310 would be what I'd have said was your FTP - sprint distance bike splits are a very good marker.

Yeah, I don't think I did really b1tch out on the indoor test, HR (for what its worth) and RPE were similar for both efforts. May have to re-test for it but I was fresh enough and motivated going in to it and defo worked hard.

Sprint tri for full FTP or *.95 of it to get it?

Why ask for AP? Trying to clear it in my head, is AP what work you actually did, NP is what you could have done if it was constant or NP is how much it took out of you as an effort?
    So for measuring FTP/racing, AP is best as its what you actually did, and for measuring how much a training session took out of you or hard it was, NP is best, particularly on a hilly ride?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Yeah, I don't think I did really b1tch out on the indoor test, HR (for what its worth) and RPE were similar for both efforts. May have to re-test for it but I was fresh enough and motivated going in to it and defo worked hard.

Sprint tri for full FTP or *.95 of it to get it?

Why ask for AP? Trying to clear it in my head, is AP what work you actually did, NP is what you could have done if it was constant or NP is how much it took out of you as an effort?
    So for measuring FTP/racing, AP is best as its what you actually did, and for measuring how much a training session took out of you or hard it was, NP is best, particularly on a hilly ride?

Thanks

Have you a fan in front of your turbo?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Have you a fan in front of your turbo?

No fan, but outdoor in a shed with doors open, not freezing, but not warm.

Have seen on net about heat effecting it but wasn't a total sweaty mess during the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

I had 1st run about 3.15km and 2nd 3.36km or so

Yea, I traced it on Map my Ride at about 3.25km from transition exit to the finish line.

You finished just ahead of me; I'll get you next time :):p

• Advertisement

Macanri wrote: »
    Yea, I traced it on Map my Ride at about 3.25km from transition exit to the finish line.

You finished just ahead of me; I'll get you next time :):p

:p nice! you racing this weekend?? :pac: Think i'll be sitting out the next few weeks for races but we'll meet again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

PWEI wrote: »
    Did today's Naas race have a shorter bike leg? The times look unsually fast. EG; Aoife Lynch did the bike leg in the last race in 37:05 but today her bike time was 30:55.

-course short( just under 2 k i think)
    -difference between doing a training session and a B race

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

tunney you made me laugh ;-0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

peter kern wrote: »
    tunney you made me laugh ;-0

Something I said or did you see a recent photo of me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

:p nice! you racing this weekend?? :pac: Think i'll be sitting out the next few weeks for races but we'll meet again :D

No racing this weekend - work in the morning:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement