Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo artist recommendations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

hi thanks for reply,
    these attachments are along the lines of what im looking for..

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Those attachments are along the lines of what most guys are looking for :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 natashamouritz

Dermighty wrote: »
    Those attachments are along the lines of what most guys are looking for :P

Lol I didn't think of that, thanks Dermighty ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭hungry hippo 4

living ink

• Registered Users Posts: 29 djgarvey123

Hi,

I would like to get my first tattoo and would appreciate some recommendations on which studio in Dublin to get it done. I want it done lengthways along my inner forearm. It will just be the letters BELIEVE . I don't care about the price as long as it's not insane and the quality is good.

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

virtually any shop ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have a look at Rob Mulligan he tends to put out nice script work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 djgarvey123

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tribesman86

Hi Folks,

Hoping to get a tattoo sometime in the coming year. I have a very basic concept of what I want (attached). I will be looking for it to be filled in etc. I just want to make it more personal so I don't have any regrets 20yrs down the line!I was wondering who you would recommend in Dublin or where? When I was in Dublin last (7 years ago) I went to Classic Ink but things change over time!

Apprecieate your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭ewan whose army

I got my first time in Snakebites off abbey street.

They were excellent, the artist was lovely and his work was perfect, its healed no problem and well they are trustworthy, reasonable too

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BalbrigganGirl

I 2nd Dinorebel - love Atilla - really does amazing work and is an all round great guy to deal with too. True artist !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

Wonder who, if anyone, in Dublin you guys recommend for heavy black work? Nothing intricate, just black to last. I know of a good few studios and artists and none of them seem the sort so I'm thinking I need to branch out for what I'm looking for. Got some recommendations from a regular here earlier I need to follow up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Wonder who, if anyone, in Dublin you guys recommend for heavy black work? Nothing intricate, just black to last. I know of a good few studios and artists and none of them seem the sort so I'm thinking I need to branch out for what I'm looking for. Got some recommendations from a regular here earlier I need to follow up too.

Just Dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I got my first time in Snakebites off abbey street.

They were excellent, the artist was lovely and his work was perfect, its healed no problem and well they are trustworthy, reasonable too

+1 i recommend them also

Just Dublin??

Yep, travelling outside of Dublin isn't an option

Nodferatu wrote: »
    +1 i recommend them also

Just another recommendation for Snakebite. My second tattoo is from Denise in Snakebite, a Polynesian piece I adore - three years old and still looks new. Also I know this is a tattoo thread but having had 20 something piercings all over every studio in Dublin I always recommend Steve in Snakebite, ultimate professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pedrosantos

Hi all,

I am now looking to do a sleeve tattoo. My idea is a Thai style tattoo with some colours but mostly in black.

Any recommendations in Dublin area? (Place and tattoo artist)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

I spose for simple script work anywhere goes? Is there anywhere specific that would cater walk ins? I wanna get my first tattoo done soon and I've been looking at studios and artists that interest me for larger pieces I really wanna get, but my first tattoo is gonna be some simple script so I don't know how to tell where's good to go/if an appointment would be necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Heya,

Blu Tattoo (the café to the right of the Gypsy rose on the quays) usually cater for walk ins as the artist there has only recently started up there. He was part of the Zulu Tattoo crew and all of my recent work has been done by him, so would recommend him 100%.

On that note, in the charter, when it says "let yourself be known to the mods if you are or have been affiliated with a particular place" does mean only if you worked there? I mean, I only have had my mods done there, never worked in any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Karlitto wrote: »
    On that note, in the charter, when it says "let yourself be known to the mods if you are or have been affiliated with a particular place" does mean only if you worked there? I mean, I only have had my mods done there, never worked in any of them.

If you work/worked there, are related to them, or friends with... the basic kind of "shill" people.

Another question that's just come to mind actually... sorry, I know :P But I saw something about like artists refusing certain tattoos (which I know is in their right) which makes me a bit paranoid because a lot of what I want done is stuff I myself have been planning for ages but in light of recent events the subject matter has become a bit.... controversial....i don't wanna offend anyone by emailing and asking them if they're okay with tattooing stuff like that, I mean its not offensive material or words or images or anything like that, but I think it could be a bit sensitive.

This post can very easily be explained by the line "I am a massive fan of Lostprophets" :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

ynwa14 wrote: »
    Another question that's just come to mind actually... sorry, I know :P But I saw something about like artists refusing certain tattoos (which I know is in their right) which makes me a bit paranoid because a lot of what I want done is stuff I myself have been planning for ages but in light of recent events the subject matter has become a bit.... controversial....i don't wanna offend anyone by emailing and asking them if they're okay with tattooing stuff like that, I mean its not offensive material or words or images or anything like that, but I think it could be a bit sensitive.

This post can very easily be explained by the line "I am a massive fan of Lostprophets" :P

Hmm that's a tough one given what has come out in the news recently. I'm guessing that it's a lyric you're planning. As delicately as I can ask, was the lyric written by Watkins or by another member of the band?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Realistically most artists (and people) won't know, unless it's like a portrait or something. And getting a lostprophets tattoo is different to getting an Ian Watkins tattoo so I don't think you'll have too much of a problem, if they don't realise maybe you should tell the artist anyway cause they won't want to put it on their facebook probably.

Think hard about it though, it is afterall, what lostprophets are now known for.

The lyrics were written by Watkins mainly, and some parts of the sleeve I have half designed incorporate drawings from album booklets that he would have designed, so its awkward :/ Ive thought long and hard about it over the past year or so and I still want my Lostprophets tattoos because of how much the band mean to me.

Hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a problem getting them done as I'm sure only (former) fans of the band would recognise the lyrics and symbols wise it'd take a pretty hard core fan alright.

(I think I'll have to amend the part I had with Watkins' autograph. Prime example of why you should hold off on tattoos, guys)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I think you should tell whichever artist you choose about it first. Some may not be willing to do it, and while I'm sure plenty will be willing, they may not want to put it on their Facebook page, as somebody above said.

Thanks lads, I think I'll email a couple artists i like and be honest about the piece. Just be nice to find someone who was happy to work on it as i honestly think it's gonna be a savage sleeve with the right artist helping me bring it together but no point if they're not completely sold on the idea. Hopefully I'll find someone I can work with. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rorofo

I want to get a black & white tattoo of a skull, roses and stars on my forearm, just wondering if anyone knows the best place in Dublin to get it done or the best person to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rorofo

I want to get a black & white tattoo of a skull, roses and stars on my forearm, just wondering if anyone knows the best place in Dublin to get it done or the best person to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

good thing there's no other threads like this that a search function on boards could find

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

bfocusd wrote: »
    Op, I've had work done by Attila in wildcat on jervis st, he's very good at what he does and doesn't hurt a bit, which I think also shows skills. he's easy going too and I like his input and style, maybe drop in and speak to him or any artist, you should shop around yourself and ask to see some work, everyone likes different artists, it's down to you at the end of the day.

Attila is a talented and all round good bloke. But light/heavy handedness is not an indication of skill. It's just down to the drawing style of the individual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I'm getting a sleeve done by Attila some of it has hurt like f.ck some not at all.

Advertisement