Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo artist recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Orim wrote: »
    Depends on the personality of both parties. Some of us just want the best work and if that means sitting silently for a couple of hours then I'm cool with that. The best example is Remis, who I understand isn't the chattiest of blokes but his work speaks for itself.

Remis chatted away to me. Must have liked me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I heard that if he talks to you it's to distract you while he rubs cyanide on the needles...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Adiboo wrote: »
    Remis chatted away to me. Must have liked me :D

In fairness to Remis the first two sitting I had with him he barely said a word were in Zulu, the last three were in his house and he seemed much more at ease and comfortable and chatted away about everything from cars, bikes, conventions, artists, skin city etc had Marcin from Zulu over one day aswell to watch. He's a really nice bloke and has better manners than some artists I've dealt with ( I hate bad manners) and a top top artist. I hope eventually he does settle in Ireland when he comes back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

In fairness to Remis the first two sitting I had with him he barely said a word were in Zulu, the last three were in his house and he seemed much more at ease and comfortable and chatted away about everything from cars, bikes, conventions, artists, skin city etc had Marcin from Zulu over one day aswell to watch. He's a really nice bloke and has better manners than some artists I've dealt with ( I hate bad manners) and a top top artist. I hope eventually he does settle in Ireland when he comes back next year.

any idea on his email response time marty?emailed about 6weeks ago and got no word back.looking for a slot next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

any idea on his email response time marty?emailed about 6weeks ago and got no word back.looking for a slot next year

He's not back full-time til April next year and won't be taking bookings for then til Jan 2014.

• Advertisement

To be honest im not to sure I know for my last three sitting his wife had taken over appointments and he was much better organised than before, but I do know this year he was hoping to work as little as possible doing the odd bit here and there and some conventions just to pay his way while he travels.

So he may not be the best at replying to e mails at the momment. No point in ringing him either he hates phone calls. I'd say if you dont hear from him email again in January when he may be starting to look at what work he will take on when he get's back to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Ditto to what Marty said, I always had replies from him within a few days when I was setting up my piece with him. However he's more focused on travelling and having fun at the moment. Not taking any bookings, so maybe drop an email every few weeks just so he has you fresh in mind for when he opens his books again ;)

Regarding Skin City's price, I think their protocol is to overestimate when pricing tattoos so they don't bite themselves in the foot. One person may sit fine for a large set of hours, another person may need longer for getting the same amount of work done. However, they won't overcharge when it comes to payment. Say it took 10hrs rather than 15hrs, they're not going to charge the amount they estimated at the beginning. It's a business thing :)

I hope that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Virtual hi 5

Hi guys,
    I was wondering if any of you could help me to find the best possible artist for a tattoo like the photo except a smaller version. I would still like it wrapping around my arm and in black. I have smaller tattoos already (both from wildcat) in some intimate areas ;P but since this will be on my arm I would just like some advice on who the best artist for this would be. Oh if it helps I would like an artist that would possibly be able to continue onto a half sleeve with it.
    Cheers guys.

Sorry guys wasn't clear on what I meant :P I want the same sort of tattoo that the girl has not one of the girl herself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

for me personally it would be classic ink or spilled ink for classic pin up style tattoes and colour works for japanese stuff by darren and rob has stuff thats amazing too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hello all,
    complete noob here, just wondering (roughly) how long would it take/how much would it cost to get something like this done?
    Minus the Spiderman bit, I was thinking a flag or something representative of Ireland in there instead. (That sounds terribly cheesey!)

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Hello all,
    complete noob here, just wondering (roughly) how long would it take/how much would it cost to get something like this done?
    Minus the Spiderman bit, I was thinking a flag or something representative of Ireland in there instead. (That sounds terribly cheesey!)

Very roughly given the size,I'd say 5 to 6 hours but that all depends on the artist you choose and there own speed.

As for price again varies but most decent artists charge about 80 to 100 upwards an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Marsyas

Hola folks, another newbie here.

I've been looking at getting a first tattoo for a fair while now. I'll be moving to Dublin in the next few weeks and, with so many studios, figure this would be a great time.

I've read through all the thread, had a look at many of the sites and galleries suggested, and have a good idea of what I'm looking for. Basically something similar to:

http://www.busbones.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/tribal-wolf-tattoo-on-shoulder.jpg

though a little less stylised. If you have any thoughts on studios and artists that do good work in this sort of style, I'd appreciate them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

how longs a few weeks, most places will have a waiting list of nearly 2 months at best

I should've been more specific ;) In a few weeks, to then live permanently. There's no rush, would just like to get it in motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Marsyas wrote: »
    I should've been more specific ;) In a few weeks, to then live permanently. There's no rush, would just like to get it in motion.

my bad, read it wrong!

hmmm anyone really since it's tribal, So wildcat, snakebite, reinkarnated, eh there is loads

Arawn wrote: »
    hmmm anyone really since it's tribal, So wildcat, snakebite, reinkarnated, eh there is loads
    Aye guess it's not a too complicated one ;) Cheers for that, I'll start contacting the studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brodders

Hey guys i'm looking to get a tattoo similar to this on my forearm in the next couple of weeks hopefully and was just wondering whereabouts in Dublin do you guys recommend? This will be my first tattoo so don't have much knowledge about the studios around Dublin. Cheers.

white_rose_tattoo_by_remistattoo-d4s222y.jpg

Considering it's done by Remis maybe email Remis himself? As far I know he is back in Dublin around March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Can anyone recommend a tattoo place in Dublin that's particularly good for nervous clients? I have one tattoo but getting it wasn't a great experience, to the point where it's taken me 6 years to work my nerve back up! I absolutely love body art and have planned a new small tattoo for a while.

I have seen similar styles done well in Wildcat, but as far as I remember when going with a friend the studio is fairly open plan and being nervous, I would rather be somewhere where people aren't watching!

I can't explain the nerves I'm feeling, I've had plenty of piercings and no fear of needles but if anyone could help, I'd be grateful. I want to get past the fear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Based on personal experience, I would say Snakebite or Spilled Ink. Both studios are really friendly, with separate rooms so no one at reception will be watching. Spilled Ink have completely private rooms (one per artist), I think Snakebite have a couple of stations in their rooms? But it's been a while since I've been there so I'm not sure. I would say just visit a few places and see where you feel the most comfortable, and obviously have a look at artists' portfolios. Even the more open plan studios should be able to provide screens/room dividers for added privacy. If you're worried about people watching, maybe try booking in for a weekday morning when it's quieter, rather than a Saturday afternoon :) good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Brodders wrote: »
    Hey guys i'm looking to get a tattoo similar to this on my forearm in the next couple of weeks hopefully and was just wondering whereabouts in Dublin do you guys recommend? This will be my first tattoo so don't have much knowledge about the studios around Dublin. Cheers.

Ideally Remis would be the best person but Pawel in Skin City would be very capable of this kind of work.

Here's a sample: 542910_554750881204985_318834728_n.jpg

Here's an incomplete example of his work: IMG_20130728_173246.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

innad wrote: »
    Based on personal experience, I would say Snakebite or Spilled Ink. Both studios are really friendly, with separate rooms so no one at reception will be watching. Spilled Ink have completely private rooms (one per artist), I think Snakebite have a couple of stations in their rooms? But it's been a while since I've been there so I'm not sure. I would say just visit a few places and see where you feel the most comfortable, and obviously have a look at artists' portfolios. Even the more open plan studios should be able to provide screens/room dividers for added privacy. If you're worried about people watching, maybe try booking in for a weekday morning when it's quieter, rather than a Saturday afternoon :) good luck!

Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 natashamouritz

hello! im new to this site, can anyone tell me who is best in Ireland (Dublin would be handy, but I can travel) for doing large colour tattoo for side of body?

I heard Remis, but cant find where he is now.
    then I tried Robert Whitzcuk, but hes gone to Canada.
    im left with Pawel, in skin city, or Attila in wildcat jervis st.

This is a big tattoo and I really want it to flow, Pawel, Attila or can you advise me on anyone elce please, thanks Natasaha.

oh, I should say, I don't mind what kind of studio it is, im only interested in the artist and his/her work. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

oh, I should say, I don't mind what kind of studio it is, im only interested in the artist and his/her work. thanks
    I would say Attila but I'm biased as he's doing a sleeve for me the guys a genius in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Can anyone recommend a tattoo place in Dublin that's particularly good for nervous clients? I have one tattoo but getting it wasn't a great experience, to the point where it's taken me 6 years to work my nerve back up! I absolutely love body art and have planned a new small tattoo for a while.

I have seen similar styles done well in Wildcat, but as far as I remember when going with a friend the studio is fairly open plan and being nervous, I would rather be somewhere where people aren't watching!

I can't explain the nerves I'm feeling, I've had plenty of piercings and no fear of needles but if anyone could help, I'd be grateful. I want to get past the fear!

I'd recommend Sean in Snakebite a million times for this. There is one other artists in his room, but the atmosphere is very very friendly and chilled with the whole crew and Sean is great with handling people with nerves about getting tattooed. He will talk everything through or be as quiet as a mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

hello! im new to this site, can anyone tell me who is best in Ireland (Dublin would be handy, but I can travel) for doing large colour tattoo for side of body?

I heard Remis, but cant find where he is now.
    then I tried Robert Whitzcuk, but hes gone to Canada.
    im left with Pawel, in skin city, or Attila in wildcat jervis st.

This is a big tattoo and I really want it to flow, Pawel, Attila or can you advise me on anyone elce please, thanks Natasaha.

What sort of style colour are you looking for? Japanese, cartoon-ish, realism??

hi thanks for reply,
    these attachments are along the lines of what im looking for..

018.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Kris Barnas in Wildcat Stephen's Green would do a nice job of that too.

• Advertisement

Hi thanks I'll check out Kris on Monday when I'm in to chat to Attila. I'm also meeting "Art" in spilled ink, American guy newish in town., has anyone experience of his work? Thanks :)

Advertisement