Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 4.0 Tablet (7" Capacitive, Wi-Fi, 1GHz) = €92

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The free screen protector is a once off thing for people who ordered more than a few weeks ago. They won't add it to new orders. The tablet we ordered was the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora.

This is the 8gb black version:
    http://www.pandawill.com/ainol-novo-7-aurora-android-40-tablet-pc-ips-hd-screen-7-inch-8gb-1gb-ram-camera-hdmi-p55269.html

Also in 8gb white, 16gb black and 16gb white.

None in stock at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I ordered an Aurora, sadly. Hopefully the quality control issues won't be passed on to the buyers, to rush things along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

just wondering if anyone has
    1 got this yet?
    2 what are the import duties if delivered from asia
    3 is it any good really?
    3.1 which one advanced,paladin etc?which is the best specced?
    4 thinking of a 10" tablet with ICS for 165€ approx
    should i get this or the other?
    http://www.ebellking.com/android-tablet/10-inch-tablets/zenithink-c91

what are the options for buying these tablets online all i have is one atm
    ebellking
    any options closer to home?
    UK

thanks a mill in advance!

seanin4711 wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone has got this yet?

Nope. They are trickling off the production line.
    2 what are the import duties if delivered from asia

If it gets caught, I've heard about €30-ish?
    3 is it any good really?

Look at the video earlier in this thread.
    4 thinking of a 10" tablet with ICS for 165€ approx should i get this or the other?

Got a link?

Ah you added a link. Looks like a nice tablet!
    Depends on what's important to you.

Aurora: 7 inch screen
    C91: 10.2 inch screen

Aurora: A-10 1.2GHz processor
    C91: A-9 1GHz processor

Aurora: 5 point multitouch
    C91: 2 point multitouch

Aurora: 180 degree visible angle
    C91: 150 degree visible angle

Aurora: 3700MAh Battery
    C91: 4000MAh Battery

Aurora: 2.0 megapixel front camera
    C91: 0.3 megapixel front camera

Aurora: Support flash 11.1
    C91: Support flash 10.3

Comparisons taken from specs on Pandawill site (apologies if wrong!):
    http://www.pandawill.com/ainol-novo-7-aurora-android-40-tablet-pc-ips-hd-screen-7-inch-8gb-1gb-ram-camera-hdmi-p55269.html
    http://www.pandawill.com/zenithink-zt280-c91-tablet-pc-102-inch-cortex-a9-android-23-hdmi-8gb-white-p53151.html

• Advertisement

would love a larger screen than 7inch but beggars cant be choosers,
    any other options than pandawill ?

Multiple sites are reporting that Ainol will have more stock ready by the 20th (this day next week). Whether it will be enough to cover the backlog of CNY orders remains to be seen.

Sean - check this link for other sites that are going to have Ainol stock next week.

Mr E wrote: »
    Multiple sites are reporting that Ainol will have more stock ready by the 20th (this day next week). Whether it will be enough to cover the backlog of CNY orders remains to be seen.

Sean - check this link for other sites that are going to have Ainol stock next week.

aurora?
    does the latest one(advanced,aurora) have issues with android market as a result that it is not an ARM processor or whatnot?

Yep, Ainol is the manufacturer, Novo 7 Aurora is the model.
    It's an ARM processor, so will run nearly everything (its the RISC processors you want to avoid).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Is €150 too much for the Ainol Nova 7 Aurora 8GB? seeing as it's in short supply.

• Advertisement

Sounds OK.... it's in short supply everywhere, so make sure that whoever is selling it actually has it in stock and isn't telling you porkies.

Mr E wrote: »
    Sounds OK.... it's in short supply everywhere, so make sure that whoever is selling it actually has it in stock and isn't telling you porkies.
    Just saw earlier that they are now being sold on Amazon, albeit via the Amazon marketplace. They weren't there yesterday and I'm almost certain they weren't there this morning. They're £129 with £5 delivery. Some of them are showing up as 1 unit for say while others are showing multiples for sale. I went with Amazon since they guarantee you product quality, have great service and are always accommodating when it comes to sorting something out when it goes belly up, even though it's being sold by lol-buy.com via the marketplace.

They have the 16GB versions as well as white too. I was quoted delivery in 7-23 days. Have to double check when they estimate dispatch date.

Here's the links to them on amazon.co.uk.

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 8GB Black £129 without delivery (about €150-€160 with delivery)

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 8GB White £129 without delivery

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 16GB Black £148.88 Without delivery

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 16GB White £148.88 Without delivery

Just saw earlier that they are now being sold on Amazon, albeit via the Amazon marketplace. They weren't there yesterday and I'm almost certain they weren't there this morning. They're £129 with £5 delivery. Some of them are showing up as 1 unit for say while others are showing multiples for sale. I went with Amazon since they guarantee you product quality, have great service and are always accommodating when it comes to sorting something out when it goes belly up, even though it's being sold by lol-buy.com via the marketplace.

They have the 16GB versions as well as white too. I was quoted delivery in 7-23 days. Have to double check when they estimate dispatch date.

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 8GB Black £129 without delivery (about €150-€160 with delivery)

thought they were 1.2ghz
    would it not be best to get it from UK as in gadgetfreaks as no duty incurred?(no affiliation with GF!)

Is €150 too much for the Ainol Nova 7 Aurora 8GB? seeing as it's in short supply.

If you do buy from china for say €100 then customs etc add €30 and the 2-3-4 weeks in getting from china to you.
    I would go to a UK reseller asap.
    It will work out around €150 i would say!
    my two cents as to what I am planning to do!
    slan
    j

If you do buy from china for say €100 then customs etc add €30 and the 2-3-4 weeks in getting from china to you.
    I would go to a UK reseller asap.
    It will work out around €150 i would say!
    my two cents as to what I am planning to do!
    slan
    j
    I'm getting it delivered to the UK (I'll be over there twice in the next month or so to collect it) so I dont know how strict they are for Customs. It's the risk I'm willing to take I suppose. I would have gone with gadgetfreaks but they've stopped taking preorders for their next shipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Anywhere else to buy these from other than here?

http://gadgetfreakz.co.uk/ainol-novo-7-aurora-android-4-0-7-ips-tablet.html?___store=default

Ebay seems very pricey.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

can i ask something that might sound completely un-tech - say you wanted to use 3g with these - some sellers say that you can 'attach external device' or some variation on it. could i just get a mini usb to usb cable and plug in a 3g dongle? what sort of workaround would you need to get over android not being supported by the dongle? does any of this make sense to anyone, lol?! :confused:

tether from your smart phone if you have one.
    open to correction though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

ah, ok. yes, i have a desire i could put my 3g sim into. cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 westham_irish

Just bought the Ainol Nova 7 Aurora. Hopefully will have it in the next few weeks!!

• Advertisement

Just bought the Ainol Nova 7 Aurora. Hopefully will have it in the next few weeks!!

if you dont mind me asking

I am really thing of going for a uk seller as not much in the price difference really and some comeback if things go ass ways!

http://www.pandawill.com/ainol-novo-7-aurora-android-40-tablet-pc-ips-hd-screen-7-inch-8gb-1gb-ram-camera-hdmi-black-p55391.html

seems like it!
    no longer €92 now up forty euro!!! to €132 wtf!!!!
    not impressed with that!
    Nope. If you read back through the thread, most people started suggesting going with a different model than that in the OP, i.e. the Aurora than the Paladin.

Nope. If you read back through the thread, most people started suggesting going with a different model than that in the OP, i.e. the Aurora than the Paladin.

thanks i seen that and deleted it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Currently unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Just happened to be looking at Gadgetfreakz this morning and i see they have the following 2 models in stock so may interest some people

Ainol Novo 7 Elf - Android 4.0 - 7" Tablet - (White) £119.99 + £22.00 P&P LINKY

Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II - Android 4.0 - 7" Tablet £109.99 + £22.00 P&P
    LINKY

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Pandawill got stock in, finally, and are shipping based on order dates, ordered mine on Jan 23rd, they have shipped to ppl that ordered the 21st, so heres hoping mine ships in next couple days :)

Theres hope for the Aurora yet!

If the rumour mill is to be believed, Ainol will have lots of new stock ready on Monday. It'll be worth watching the pandawill forum on Monday/Tuesday next week to see how many ship.

I'm fairly sure the one I ordered off of the Amazon.co.uk marketplace has shipped to me.
    They sent me an email yesterday in broken english saying that the Ainol aurora was supposed to come into stock but the supplier/Ainol let them down. He said it could come in stock tomorrow, or next month!!! He offered to send me out a different tablet, a 9.7" tablet but I told him that I would wait. He just emailed me back saying that mine had shipped and he'd send on the tracking number to me in a bit. :D:D

Nice. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Any of these tabs have an AV-In? Also is it possible to get Freeview on them through a DVB-T USB dongle or similar??

Considering getting one to use as a carputer, the only thing that is stopping me is the above two points!

Advertisement