Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endurance Racing News Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Is it possible that they are thinking of it as an alternate to F1, given the "gradual slide" in F1, or indeed run a partial season and use it as a sneaky testing bed for F1 related Engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

so for 2015 we could have Audi,Ferrari,Porshe,Nissan,Toyota and possibly some others... yeah i need to go and lie down now

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CaptainFreedom

ALMS Road America about to start http://www.alms.com/camera/television-broadcast

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Recently, on Netflix, I spotted Truth in 24 II, which is the documentary Audi had made about Le Mans 2011. Aside from being completely Audi-centric, it was quite enjoyable and didn't need much Hollywood embellishing given the close nature of the victory.

Beware Jason Statham's narration though; his pronunciations of some of the French names and "Allan McNeeeeeeeesh" are a little odd.

They are both available to watch on youtube, very good watching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Jason Statham narrating is a bit odd though, always expecting him to barrel roll onto the track in a load of explosions. Great watch though!

Short clips of the Porsche testing at the lausitzring, definitely a turbo charged engine not sure of the of the configuration though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Killinator

Sounds like the Peugeot 908, short shifts like a diesel!?!
    Pity it was recorded by the only person on the planet who doesn't have a HD recorder:D

An absolutely amazing drive by Damien Faulkner at Cota

• Registered Users Posts: 23,871 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Last round of the 2013 ELMS at Paul Ricard this evening: An outright race win for Murphy Prototypes, their first, and a class win and GTE Am championship title for RAM Racing Ferrari and their driver Matt Griffin of Cork

Proud to see the tricolour and hear Amhrán na bhFiann on the floodlit podium. Great day for Irish motorsport!

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Last round of the 2013 ELMS at Paul Ricard this evening: An outright race win for Murphy Prototypes, their first, and a class win and GTE Am championship title for RAM Racing Ferrari and their driver Matt Griffin of Cork

Proud to see the tricolour and hear Amhrán na bhFiann on the floodlit podium. Great day for Irish motorsport!

What's even better is it was no fluke, they could, should of had other wins this season, especially at Silverstone where Brendan was flying till he locked up and ditched it,

I hope they can hold on to him because he's the best driver on that grid.

Give Matt a Ferrari and he'll win, met him at the parade at le mans, he jumped out of his car in delight to sign my Irish flag when I called his name, top man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Truly delighted with Murphy's and RAM's win. Great race for the Irish.
    Brendon is just immense! Matt is also fantastic and a top bloke.

Its shameful the lack of coverage over here for these brilliant achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,871 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Irish have a rare but proud tradition at Le Mans alright, hopefully next year can bring some podium honours.

Was a pity the ELMS was only available online (or least not on a TV station I have access to). However the online coverage was good, with the Radio Le Mans crew keeping it interesting. Does anyone know if Eurosport cover it in a round-up show?

I'd be a bit worried about the sustainability of the ELMS next year up against the WEC and the new unified Grand-Am/ALMS taking all the limelight. Ideally you'd like to see Murphys Men in the WEC, although its a very expensive undertaking, they are bound to be more competitive now

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The Irish have a rare but proud tradition at Le Mans alright, hopefully next year can bring some podium honours.

Was a pity the ELMS was only available online (or least not on a TV station I have access to). However the online coverage was good, with the Radio Le Mans crew keeping it interesting. Does anyone know if Eurosport cover it in a round-up show?

I'd be a bit worried about the sustainability of the ELMS next year up against the WEC and the new unified Grand-Am/ALMS taking all the limelight. Ideally you'd like to see Murphys Men in the WEC, although its a very expensive undertaking, they are bound to be more competitive now

The ELMS will be a bit tougher next year as the races are being bumped to 4 hrs instead of 3,
    Personally I think it would be to soon to jump across to a new series, they have a win, now they need to compete for the championship andtry to go for an aauto invite to le mans the following season.

Killinator wrote: »
    The ELMS will be a bit tougher next year as the races are being bumped to 4 hrs instead of 3,
    Personally I think it would be to soon to jump across to a new series, they have a win, now they need to compete for the championship andtry to go for an aauto invite to le mans the following season.

Until 2013 they were 6 hour races, only reduced to 3 to make it easier for smaller/newer teams

scary crash just now fecking amazing how the driver walked away from that

Great piece of parking though

BV1rQaECAAAdKS9.jpg:large

Grim. wrote: »
    scary crash just now fecking amazing how the driver walked away from that

http://www.motorsport.com/alms/video/main-gallery/porsche-goes-airborne-at-vir-massive-crash/

Superb drive yet again by Damien Faulkner

• Advertisement

The stones of the cameraman, big crash, amazing to walk away unaided

Shane_ef wrote: »
    The stones of the cameraman, big crash, amazing to walk away unaided

If you look at the roof of the Porsche on the tyres you can see the roll bars had to work overtime to protect the driver,
    Still Darios crash in IndyCar made this look like a fender bender!

Amazing how 'safe' modern race cars are when it comes to protecting the driver.

for anyone interested the Bathurst 1000 is on tonight

Just an amusing side note I noticed during the Japanese GP,

Ferrari say they don't have a factory GT team for endurance racing,
    Yet Kobayashi was wearing Ferrari gear and was based in the Ferrari garage at the GP, and he drives for AF Corsa who are represented in practically every GT series on the planet.

More evidence, not that it was needed, that AF Corsa are just Ferrari in disguise:)

Just seen the news that Sean Edwards has been killed in a crash in Australia, cant believe it... RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Sad news about Sean Edwards RIP

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Very classy tribute to Sean Edwards from his ALMS GTC team

1385801_10151943500620428_972088222_n.jpg

Hope nobody stayed up for WEC Fuji - race was abandoned due to rain after 2 x brief 'race' periods, both under the SC

• Advertisement

more footage of the Porsche LMP1 brought to you by a man in a tree

Advertisement