Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting some daily email updates

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Timeout issue resolved, the script ran to completion last night.

14170279.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,888 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just when its fresh in my mind. There were 2 new posts in this thread this morning but I never received instant notifications for either.

This happens sporadically and it's not a major issue as such but I just wanted to post the above as I wouldn't remember the details in a day or two.

Oh, and just yesterday I seen that I was not subscribed to this thread but I had been and a couple of times I thought no one had posted in the thread.

No biggy Danny but if there's a little gremlin somewhere maybe the above details may help a little.

Just after seeing that no notification received for new posts in this thread either

muffler wrote: »
    Just after seeing that no notification received for new posts in this thread either

To be expected, no? There were no posts made in the thread yesterday after you last read it (i.e. 12:56pm). The two posts around 00:26 happened after your digests were sent out, you won't get updates for those posts tonight either because you've visited the thread today (and it's assumed if you visit a thread you've read the posts).

As for this thread which two new posts are you talking about - the OP and the one after it?

To be expected, no? There were no posts made in the thread yesterday after you last read it (i.e. 12:56pm). The two posts around 00:26 happened after your digests were sent out, you won't get updates for those posts tonight either because you've visited the thread today (and it's assumed if you visit a thread you've read the posts).

As for this thread which two new posts are you talking about - the OP and the one after it?
    Sorry Danny, I should have been clearer. Its the instant notifications Im referring to.

The issue of the daily updates/digests appears to be working fine now.

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    Sorry Danny, I should have been clearer. Its the instant notifications Im referring to.

The issue of the daily updates/digests appears to be working fine now.

Oh, as in the beta menu instant updates?

Oh, as in the beta menu instant updates?
    Yeah, instant updates it is but thats the extent of my knowlege alas. Not sure what the "beta menu" is but it sounds right :D

I know that traditionally when you post in a thread you do, by default, get instant email/notification of new posts or alternatively "following" the thread will give the same outcome.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement