Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Where can we return the item incase of size issues ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

snubbleste wrote: »
    Could people list the cheapest things they find now that there is free postage :cool:
    Tissues 10 pack 25p
    Tennis ball 30p
    Caxirola 29p
    Chocolate balls 3 50p
    Pet double food bowl 50p

Are you trying to make sure they NEVER do this again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

snubbleste wrote: »
    Could people list the cheapest things they find now that there is free postage :cool:
    Tissues 10 pack 25p
    Tennis ball 30p
    Caxirola 29p
    Chocolate balls 3 50p
    Pet double food bowl 50p
    Did sportsdirect piss in your cornflakes this morning?

why would you want to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Chillax eh? they often do free delivery. They are a massive company that won't get pissed off if a few people buy a few cheapy items ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

How long does delivery normally take? Would I have the stuff by this time next week if I ordered tonight? Also, who do they deliver with? An Post, DHL etc..? Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

johnnykilo wrote: »
    How long does delivery normally take? Would I have the stuff by this time next week if I ordered tonight? Also, who do they deliver with? An Post, DHL etc..? Cheers!

3-4 working days. Yes. DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

couriers are an absolute pain

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

prices in general are not as cheap as they were before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

^^ agreed. I had a shopping cart worth €47 the other day, just checked it this morning to process the order and its now at €64.78!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

^^ agreed. I had a shopping cart worth €47 the other day, just checked it this morning to process the order and its now at €64.78!
    Isn't that because the £=€ deal ended?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

people say prices have been hiked in the last few days , the euro to pound conversion would rise prices but even without them
    both prices are much higher in general anyway

last wednesday a reason why became clear

Sports Direct shareholders voted on Wednesday in favour of the scheme, which will give £180m of shares to 3,000 permanent staff, including Ashley, if profits double by 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Nowso wrote: »
    Sports Direct shareholders voted on Wednesday in favour of the scheme, which will give £180m of shares to 3,000 permanent staff, including Ashley, if profits double by 2019.

They did something very similar to that 2-3 years ago too, didn't they?
    I vaguely recall something like that.

Some great prices in the Watersports section.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Dredd_J

prices have suddenly gone up by 20% or more.
    I had about €100 worth of stuff and was about to checkout and got some fright.
    I will never be darkening the door of sportsdirect again at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Dredd_J wrote: »

If they have put up prices I wouldn't be surprised to see a 20% off discount code appear sometime soon.
    Mark it up so they can discount it back again.

Dredd_J wrote: »

What has gone up?
    Trainers haven't.

Either have any of the jackets/shirts/T-Shirts/Fleeces that I have looked at randomly. (That's not to say nothing has gone up.)
    I found a few things that have gone down in price though.

Are you sure it's not just the exchange rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

The euro to sterling for their Own brand is gone. That might be why the basket is gone up for example firetrap.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    The euro to sterling for their Own brand is gone. That might be why the basket is gone up for example firetrap.

That's probably it. Exchange rate is fair enough, as tomorrow, prices could be cheaper.

(BTW - Firetrap is owned by SportsDirect too :) .)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

For the last few days some decent football boots are 90% off (including good ones like adidas f50s etc).

Sizes tend to be limited but keep checking back as stock seems to be added to this every couple of days so you can get lucky in more common sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cosbawn

vintage01 wrote: »

Some Useful Info

Freepost Return Address (seems to work from Ireland)

FreePost RRGJ-ZZSB-GLBX,
    Sport's Direct,
    PO Box 9034,
    Mansfield,
    NG18 9DD.

Anyone know if the above return address is still working ? Or tried it lately? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

cosbawn wrote: »
    Anyone know if the above return address is still working ? Or tried it lately? Thanks

Would like to know this too, ordered some suitcases that were way smaller than advertised but would cost a fortune to send back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

masterK wrote: »
    Would like to know this too, ordered some suitcases that were way smaller than advertised but would cost a fortune to send back.

Are they actually smaller than advertised, or are they smaller than they look in the pics?
    If the former, I'd imagine they should pay for the return.

Soarer wrote: »
    Are they actually smaller than advertised, or are they smaller than they look in the pics?
    If the former, I'd imagine they should pay for the return.

Way smaller than the specification. Supposed to be 40x31.5x20 but actually 34x29x12.5. 12.5 height makes them practically useless. Have mailed them to see what they say

Three days from order to delivery...excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I bought the mini mouse runners .they where on offer .daughter was delighted with them. €6 is all they where .i seen them in a Dublin shop €24 I think so a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Way smaller than the specification. Supposed to be 40x31.5x20 but actually 34x29x12.5. 12.5 height makes them practically useless. Have mailed them to see what they say

You'll be waiting for a reply:(

vicwatson wrote: »
    You'll be waiting for a reply:(

Would you believe I got a reply, the even sent a courier to pick up the items at no cost to me.

Would you believe I got a reply, the even sent a courier to pick up the items at no cost to me.

That's impressive in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Well that is interesting . I orderded a pair of Nike child runner size uk C9. They came and the box also says ukC9 BUT the pair of runners are ukC9.5.
    I assumed I'd have to pay to return them but might mail them so

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

km79 wrote: »
    Well that is interesting . I orderded a pair of Nike child runner size uk C9. They came and the box also says ukC9 BUT the pair of runners are ukC9.5.
    I assumed I'd have to pay to return them but might mail them so
    Keep them, the child will grow into them in a few months

Advertisement