Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Karen23 wrote: »
    My order came yesterday , ordered on Friday.

I ordered Wednesday 27th and I'm still waiting on it.
    DHL received it in Dublin on Tuesday.

"Attempted delivery" me hole :mad: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jimbojetdriver

Been a disaster for me! Ordered €100 worth of stuff last Thursday the 28th, received a despatch email and tracking number on Friday the 1st.

Still no sign of anything this evening, got in contact with DHL and they said they never actually received anything to be delivered, there was just an invoice created for something to be picked up but they weren't given anything! Have to wait for Sportsdirect to get back to me now and see what's going on...

Putting me right off , M&M direct were spot on last time I ordered with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Jimbo serious?
    Obviously booked in for collection on the Friday so next working day the Monday and sure that's only 4 working day. Wouldn't put me off especially after paying €1

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jimbojetdriver

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Jimbo serious?
    Obviously booked in for collection on the Friday so next working day the Monday and sure that's only 4 working day. Wouldn't put me off especially after paying €1

Of course it puts me off, I have SportsDirect telling me the order has been sent, both from an email and on the website its marked as with the courier. But then DHL are telling me they never got anything so who do I believe?

Like you said it's only a euro delivery and I didn't buy anything I desperately need at the moment so I wouldn't have cared how long it took. But they don't need to be lying about it being despatched just to make it look good!

Also doesn't explain how people who ordered on the Friday have already got there stuff, everything I ordered was supposedly in stock so just can't understand the reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Well sports direct are telling u it's sent so I'd say its Dhl that is telling porkies here.
    Obviously everyone else on here happy with the speed of shipping.
    :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Order I placed on Tuesday evening arrived this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sir_love

I ordered mine last Friday night and it arrived on Wednesday. Ordered a lot of item including a golf club which arrived in a huge box! great for 1 euro delivery

Im thinking of ordering more!

Something I was sorely reminded that I needed this morning:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-golf-umbrella-870289

Not bad for €3!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

maximoose wrote: »
    Something I was sorely reminded that I needed this morning:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-golf-umbrella-870289

Not bad for €3!

Although more than 10 times the price, the only golf umbrella you should be thinking of buying is a Gustbuster.

The best and most durable umbrella I've ever seen. You'll never need another one.

Worth every penny!

http://www.odwyersgolf.com/special-offers/gust-buster.html

Sportsdirect have Adidas Golf Shoes for under €30 which is some price!

I ordered Tuesday so it'll be Monday before I have the stuff. I've used Sportsdirect a good few times in the past and although some of the stuff isn't that high quality, it's worth it for the price. I got kitted out in shorts/t-shirts for the Euros for feck all. Instead of carrying around dirty clothes in a camper I just dumped them as I went since they were so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

anyone tried to return anything to them? got some runners but bit too big...is it even worth returning?

• Advertisement

fifib wrote: »
    anyone tried to return anything to them? got some runners but bit too big...is it even worth returning?

I returned a pair of trainers last year to them, straight forward enough. Just had to fill out a return form and you can either request a refund or a different size. I requested a size bigger and had the replacements in just over a week from the day I returned the originals!

Had to pay the return postage myself, €6 IIRC. I used the post bag they had originally sent the trainers in, just turned it inside out and stuck a new address label on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

maximoose wrote: »
    I returned a pair of trainers last year to them, straight forward enough. Just had to fill out a return form and you can either request a refund or a different size. I requested a size bigger and had the replacements in just over a week from the day I returned the originals!

did you have to pay postage for the return? or is there a free post label for returns?

did you have to pay postage for the return? or is there a free post label for returns?

Sorry I ninja edited it there and answered!

Here is the return form. I think there may be one in the invoice part that comes with your order already. If not print it out and put it in the parcel/bag with your runners.

As per their t&c "You will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I've returned stuff twice.
    Customer pays for the return. They refunded the money very quickly in both cases, in just a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Of course it puts me off, I have SportsDirect telling me the order has been sent, both from an email and on the website its marked as with the courier. But then DHL are telling me they never got anything so who do I believe?

Like you said it's only a euro delivery and I didn't buy anything I desperately need at the moment so I wouldn't have cared how long it took. But they don't need to be lying about it being despatched just to make it look good!

Also doesn't explain how people who ordered on the Friday have already got there stuff, everything I ordered was supposedly in stock so just can't understand the reason!

And wait till you try to contact Sports Direct to solve the matter. Then it gets interesting, I have been trying to contact them for over a week and still no response from them:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

I have bought form them regularly over the past year I find DHL spot on and ok SD are no good in the customer care dept but the value they offer is unreal.its just quality items at quality prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Ordered sat. Package sent Monday. Arrived yesterday but noone home. Redelivered today. Ordered a shirt. Def not the size I ordered. Should fit someone 4 sizes smaller. Everything else as ordered. 99c ball looks the biz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Got a few things off them last week. One pair of jeans had an 8 inch rip in them. The other pair were baggier than those Xworx jeans they used to have years ago, only supposed to be a 32" waist. Ill wait for them to come back into fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

guys I have my order made up and ready to click pay.but before I do can anyone tell me is there any hidden charges? is it really what it says on the tin.my order is for 40 euro check out says 41euro sounds to good to be true :confused: i was stung once before on another site with currier charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭bozharry

That's really it!! €1 delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

guys I have my order made up and ready to click pay.but before I do can anyone tell me is there any hidden charges? is it really what it says on the tin.my order is for 40 euro check out says 41euro sounds to good to be true :confused: i was stung once before on another site with currier charges.
    100% genuine, I ordered late on Friday night, after seeing it talked about here, and my delivery arrived on Wednesday evening by DHL!!
    I don't know how they do it for that price but i intend to take advantage again this week,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

SIRREX wrote: »
    I don't know how they do it for that price but i intend to take advantage again this week,

My guess is they haven't noticed yet and are scratching their heads wondering where the surge in orders has come from.

That said I'm sure they are not complaining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Ordered a good bit of stuff but one item is not available until march 24 so they are holding my whole order until then :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Any bargains that stand out?

Just for others

After almost two weeks I eventually got a reply from their customers services but it didn't answer my question :mad:

They gave me an option to cancel the order completely (as some stuff was for pre order) and re order again.

Runners I had ordered were due to be be shipped Mar 4th and that has now been put back to April 1st.

I read today that Mike Ashley (that owns SportsDirect & Newcastle Utd FC & 51% of Heatons and others) recently sold some of his shares in sports direct for stg 100 million !! Nice, maybe he'll attend to the Customer Service problems with some of the cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

I can't stop buying stuff off them. Euro and sterling prices the same and €1 delivery. I'm just buying stuff coz the prices are too good. Latest buy - 2 golf unbrellas and two putters €26 -

Please help me stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Sorry, don't want to read all the thread. Is the €1 delivery available on all purchases to Ireland or is there a way of getting this deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Ordered Wednesday, delivered today! Pair of barefoot runners €20! Running pants and tops for half nothing plus a rake of Fireman Sam tops for my nephew! Very happy with my haul :D

NEDDURC wrote: »
    Sorry, don't want to read all the thread. Is the €1 delivery available on all purchases to Ireland or is there a way of getting this deal?

Yes, though I imagine snooker/tennis tables etc will attract a premium delivery rate. For all the small stuff, runners, blah blah it's €1.00 PER ORDER !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

NEDDURC wrote: »

Available on all

Advertisement