Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In spite of these austere time lets give the Queen a new yacht

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

At least the President is elected by the people and not one of those that are lucky to be born into a privileged role for life like the Pig out of Animal Farm, some animals are more equal than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

But then, I suppose I don't get it because I'm not an Irish catholic.

Nobody's perfect.......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Depth?

Oil, gas, finance, services, manufacturing (nuclear generators apparently) automotive, electronics, you name it.

A lot goes to Ireland because we share several common things, like driving on the left and similar tastes in music, food and dress.

What that blogg shows is a worrying lack of export to the growing BRIC countries, that's all.

What's Ireland's biggest export at the moment, people?

Aye, ye could do with a few over there, given that many of the "industries" you quote above are on their knees, a la maggie.

"Automotive" Had to laugh at that one. If it wasn't for Nissan you'd have fcuk all "automotives" to talk about.

A lot goes to Ireland......your biggest customer. Nice to know you're so dependent on us........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

partyatmygaff - Are you English? Do you pay taxes to the British Government? I could, perhaps, understand your outpourings against the Head of State of Ireland's nearest neighbour if this is the case. If not, I fail to understand why you're so bitter about the spending of UK taxpayers money on the Monarchy. I doubt any message boards in the UK debate the Irish Presidency.
    That's a strange position to hold. Just because something doesn't affect me doesn't mean I can't dislike it.

Advertisement