Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brush Shiels vs. Skid Row (US)

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Sapphire Moonchild

He sounds like a 15yo kid playing in his garage. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I seen the US Skid Row in the Point, Nov 1991, if I recall.
    They were fantastic!
    Anywho, I remember Shiels banging on about the rights to the name at the time and he suggested both bands play a set on the same stage anywhere in the world, and let the audience decide who should keep the name?!?!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 72,425 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

poundhound wrote: »
    I seen the US Skid Row in the Point, Nov 1991, if I recall.
    They were fantastic!
    Anywho, I remember Shiels banging on about the rights to the name at the time and he suggested both bands play a set on the same stage anywhere in the world, and let the audience decide who should keep the name?!?!
    :rolleyes:

Great idea, Brush!

*world's biggest facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Regardless of whether his band were good or not, or whether you like him as an individual. It seems he has a very good argument for retaining the name Skid Row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Regardless of whether his band were good or not, or whether you like him as an individual. It seems he has a very good argument for retaining the name Skid Row.

Yes but why bring it up now? Why not in 90-91 when people actually cared about Seb Bach's Skid Row?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Only seen this thread now. My only input to it would probably be that Brush Shiels is a Grade A dickhead, as well as an awful shyster. Loves the sound of his own voice despite the fact his accent is horrible. My dad seen him play at the Rory Gallagher festival many moons ago and apparently he couldn't go a few minutes without starting to continuously talk shite, as you would he, among a few others I can imagine, just left.

Had to laugh when we were watching a Phil Lynott documentary on RTÉ one Saturday and Brush Shiels was being interviewed about him and he said, "I knew Phil, I knew him for years, like... But whenever I was around, he wouldn't really talk to me" and dad said "It's because you're a bollocks." :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Brush showed phil how to play the bass-if theres a pay deal for brush might aswell go after it-also the publicity wont harm him-go on brush

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yes but why bring it up now? Why not in 90-91 when people actually cared about Seb Bach's Skid Row?
    Exactly. Brush Shields is a media whore and nothing else, still grasping onto the fame that mainly Phil Lynott has brought him.

Advertisement