Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

sowdublin - so sorry to hear the news. You're in my thoughts x

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

sowdublin, sorry to hear about your loss, this happened good friends of ours last year heartbreaking, take good care of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

sowdublin wrote: »
    Hi Lovely ladies,

Had my 1st scan and appointment last week at Coombe. Unfortunately we got to know during the scan that the fetus stopped growing at 7 weeks itself and there was no cardiac activity. Doc suggested that we get it out asap so that it wouldnt infect my uterus. Underwent an emergency removal procedure. Hard to come out of it. I pray to god that no one else goes thru this ordeal. You ladies enjoy the term. I cant wait to get back to the same discussion board ASAP! :)

Cheers!
    Sowjanya

Sowdublin, reading your post made me cry. I am so sorry for you. You were at 12 weeks and so excited for your scan, only to have that happen. It is a scary time for all of us and just reminds us how precious our little beans are.

My heart goes out to you. Please take extra special care of yourself and hopefully we will hear better news from you really soon xxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Sowbob, so sorry to hear of your loss. What a horrible time for you and as emmab said you were so excited about your scan. We are all thinking of you here. Take good care of yourself and give yourself plenty of time to heal. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 38 purejuice

I just wanted to say sorry to sowdublin on her loss, was just reading some comments when I saw your recent comment, I had a missed miscarriage at my 12 week scan last August, the baby was only 10 weeks and no heartbeat, ended up having a d&c as it wouldnt come away naturally. The pain does get easier in time, then the dute date comes and hits you again but then it gets a bit better after that. Sending you my prayers and thoughts and things will get better in time :-)

• Advertisement

Well I had my first hospital appointment this morning in Holles St

I had set myself to be treated like a number and shunted from one person to the next but I was surprised. A lovely bunch of people! It was lovely to finally be able to tick 'non-smoker' on my forms too :D

Got a quick look at babs and was delighted by the clarity - could see all the cranial bones and the whole spine and doc said there was loads of fluid and everything looked great. The heartbeat was strong and solid too and I felt a little weight off my shoulders when he mentioned being well into the 'safe zone'

It is really starting to hit home today that this is actually happening. I think the OH is getting that feeling too. Bless him, he looked fairly overwhelmed today.

It's been quiet around here the past while after sowdublins very sad news. Has anyone else got some postive news?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Hey All,

I've been very busy feeling wonderful: this second trimester thing rocks! :D I've been cooking and eating dinners, gaining weight and generally being delighted. Bought a buggy last weekend, total impulse buy! Did zero research, have decided not to be too bothered about it. OH was happy with choice! Have anamoloy scan in four weeks time, starting to feel a little nervous about it.

Some very sad posts of late, SowDublin, my heart goes out to you, Tom Dunne was speaking about miscarrages on his show this morning, heartbreaking. I've no understanding of what it must be like but I can imagine it's awful.

Hope you are all well and I think all of us due Sept 2012 should be in trimester 2 by now!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

15 weeks now and feeling good. Have just started telling friends and the reactions have been great.
    Just wondering how all the bellies are at this stage? I feel a little heavier around the middle but I still have no problem fitting in to all my regular jeans. I'm not looking forward to putting on weight but thought I might be showing a bit by now. When I tell people I'm 15 weeks they're all automatically looking for a bump. How are all the other first time bellies here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 My_Delirium_x

Long time lurker, first time poster! I'm technically due the first week of October but I hope you don't mind if I join this thread as I feel like I'm at the same stage as you guys! :)

I'm 13 weeks on Saturday and I have my booking appointment on Wednesday! I'm really anxious now because I found out when I was only 4 weeks, and I haven't even heard a heartbeat yet. I know that I wont get a scan on Wednesday but do you think the midwife would check for a heartbeat because I'm so anxious? I think I'll go crazy if I have to wait another few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Long time lurker, first time poster! I'm technically due the first week of October but I hope you don't mind if I join this thread as I feel like I'm at the same stage as you guys! :)

I'm 13 weeks on Saturday and I have my booking appointment on Wednesday! I'm really anxious now because I found out when I was only 4 weeks, and I haven't even heard a heartbeat yet. I know that I wont get a scan on Wednesday but do you think the midwife would check for a heartbeat because I'm so anxious? I think I'll go crazy if I have to wait another few weeks!

Welcome My Delirium. I'd say the midwife will check the heartbeat.
    I have an appointment with my doctor next Tuesday and he is checking the heartbeat Im 14 weeks. I think they check from 13 weeks. Good luck!

I think i am showing a bit already Emerb. They say you show earlier with the second. I was 17 weeks with the first.

How is everyone else getting on?.

• Advertisement

Hello everyone, I had bleeding again on Monday so panicked myself into needing a scan. Expensive but cool. They turned up the sound on the monitor so i could hear the heartbeat. I could have listened to that all day! The images were great and I was amazed that I could see the 2 hemispheres of the brain and the spine. Baby also moved a leg and an arm.

Time is passing so slowly. I am dying to look pregnant. I had a bit of a tum to begin with but then with all the morning sickness, I lost it. So by 11 weeks I was looking less pregnant than I did when I started :)

Ive noticed that these days in the evenings i have a belly but not during the day?????
    Also, it hurts to sleep on my belly now. Oh, and I have become addicted to icepops.

You know, its great to read other peoples experiences and then you dont feel so weird! I still have a lot of morning sickness and some days I feel sick all day long

My_Delirium_x - I was a lot like you. I needed the reassurance of hearing the heartbeat and seeing the movement. I got a private scan and it was well worth the time and the money - if you can afford it I would highly recommend it. I relaxed a lot more after that. I also got a present of a fetal doppler. It took a lot of practise to find the heartbeat but when you do its brilliant. As I cant feel the movements yet it gives me the reassurance I need

At this point I just look fat. I have 2 belly rolls that haven't really merged into the one yet. :D I wasnt carrying a lot of weight on my belly before I got pregnant so I can really notice it. I also notice a bump at some point in the day and not at other points of the day. It can differ from day to day too.

emer_b - I can feel everything has moved around in my abdomen. If I curl up in bed on my left side I can feel that everything isnt where it used to be. Very strange sensation

I cant wait to feel the kicks now!! Happy Friday :D

Congrats My delirium on your pregnancy and welcome to the thread! I'm sure they will check the heartbeat for you at your apt on Weds. But since it's your booking appointment would they not do a scan to date your pregancy for you anyways? Or have you been specifically told that there'll be no scan at that apt? I had my first apt at 12 wks & was scanned. Good luck with it all.

Emer b - count yourself lucky that you're still fitting into your normal jeans! I'm almost 16 wks now and don't fit into any of my jeans or work trousers. Granted this is my second pregnancy & i definitely have a little belly now.

Emma brighton - I always have a belly in the evenings too! Alot bigger than during the day. But it's down to being bloated after the dinner & it doesn't shift then for the whole eve!

Ive been feeling pretty good too since 11 wks & sometimes it worries me! I think I just need reassurance at times as on my first preg I had nausea until wk 17 and now it's all gone. The only reassuring things I notice are my waist seems to be getting slighty rounder (knickers i had for all of last preg getting tight already?!!) and I get the odd cramp during the day. Also I try to watch my belly button moving in the evening and when it does at least I know there's some action in there! Nxt doc apt not for another three weeks & cant wait to hear hearbeat.

jeeney wrote: »
    . Also I try to watch my belly button moving in the evening and when it does at least I know there's some action in there! Nxt doc apt not for another three weeks & cant wait to hear hearbeat.

I love this idea, while i have time in the evenings over the weekend ill definitely give it a try.

Ok, on an aside, and I know it has been done to death in the forums and am just wondering which buggy to go for cos, as a first time mom, I haven't a clue. I live in the countryside and come maternity leave I will have limited access to a car - except on the weekends when the OH gets to ferry me about the place. So, my question is... whats the best buggy/pram/travel system to get. I was reading on forums that you need tyres with air in them cos of the bad roads in the sticks.

Also, on another forum, I hear that newborns do better in a pram where they can lie flat and not in the travel systems that are all the rage these days.

Because we have a MPV, space in the car wont be an issue so I can get heavy and bulky but what i do want is something comfortable for the baby and maneuverable for me.

Also, it appears that most expensive doesnt mean best either - which is a relief. But it just means that I have to consider everything.

Id love to buy one online to save money or even second hand but i dont even know which one to get. :confused:

Is anyone else as clueless as me? I cant make head nor tail of all the threads on buggys and which one will suit me best. And as for the websites... ah! its so confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Emmabrighton, if I was planning on walking with baby on country roads I'd get a carrier suitable for use from newborn, not a buggy or a pram. I grew up in the country and that's what my Mum did with us when she needed to walk with us. Trying to drag a buggy into the ditch out of the way of a speeding car isn't something I'd want to face.

It also leaves you with both hands free, which can be a major bonus. But if you do want a pram big inflatable tyres are essential.

Glad to hear all is going well with you all. We've the booking clinic with the hospital next week, only got the letter last night. Short notice for work which I don't like.

I'm really not looking forward to it. I don't like hospitals at the best of times and my experience with maternity hospitals in this country has been extremely bad to date. I just hope that it all goes well because I know I'll just walk out at the slightest provocation, which will only delay the pain because I'll have to go through it at some point.

Other than that everything is fine. Can feel a few flutters and the occasional bigger movement. It's my second pregnancy so I'm already showing and not able to wear most of my normal clothes which is a nuisance. Last time I was about 20 weeks before I was having a clothing issue.

I live in the sticks Emmabrighton and this time around im planning on getting a baby carrier for the first while. I already have the offspring 3 in 1 travel system ( with pump up tyres). The baby lies flat in the pram however by three months my fella hated to be lying down so i had to eventually use the maxi cosi car seat.

Brought my little fella to have his first haircut today. He had lovely curls but they were getting hard to manage. Got such a shock now he looks like a proper little boy and not a baby:(. On the plus side hairdresser said he had naturally curly hair so they should grow back.

Hope everything goes well for you Squiggler!. Im sure all will be fine and dont go worrying yourself.

Squiggler wrote: »
    Emmabrighton, if I was planning on walking with baby on country roads I'd get a carrier suitable for use from newborn, not a buggy or a pram. I grew up in the country and that's what my Mum did with us when she needed to walk with us. Trying to drag a buggy into the ditch out of the way of a speeding car isn't something I'd want to face.
    elaney wrote: »
    I live in the sticks Emmabrighton and this time around im planning on getting a baby carrier for the first while. I already have the offspring 3 in 1 travel system ( with pump up tyres). The baby lies flat in the pram however by three months my fella hated to be lying down so i had to eventually use the maxi cosi car seat.

Excellent points thanks a million. Yeah reading back over my post, it sounded like I had a death wish. But actually I live about a 1/2km down a forest lane - currently on the weekends. And it goes on and on for 2k. so, thats what i was planning on walking...

But the baby carrier sounds like a much better option... I found this website which makes it sound great http://www.babyktan.com. But, i remember that there was an article in the paper a few years ago about a baby suffocating on the mother and she didn't even realise. Is that something completely different? Or is it something you have to be careful of when you are wearing your baby?

Ladies, tesco have boxes for pampers nappies for €10 at the mo and pampers wipes 6 pack for 4.99. Also Dunnes have the non-bio fairy 72wash on special for €12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

TRISHKA wrote: »
    Ladies, tesco have boxes for pampers nappies for €10 at the mo and pampers wipes 6 pack for 4.99. Also Dunnes have the non-bio fairy 72wash on special for €12.

Thanks, but there is no way I'm storing nappies and wipes for 6 months! ;)

• Advertisement

Found the babys heartbeat on my doppler yesterday :D. Its such a relief to hear it before i go to doctors next week.

TRISHKA wrote: »

Thanks for that Trishka! You can never have enough nappies and wipes. Time to stock up before the offer ends (weds)!

elaney wrote: »
    Found the babys heartbeat on my doppler yesterday :D. Its such a relief to hear it before i go to doctors next week.

Elaney - well done, that's cool. I'm sure you're relieved alright.
    May I ask if u got your doppler online or in a shop & roughly how much it cost? Do u think they are worth getting and does it take time to master the art of finding the heartbeat?

Got the doppler on amazon. It is angelsounds and costs around 26 english pounds. It took a while to find it however it would have been a good idea if i read the instructions first:rolleyes:. Id say it was worth it as i didnt feel baby move till twenty one weeks last time. Also my sister is newly married so i can give it to her if she needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and don't feel pregnant! Have had 3 scans and all was well in all of those. I just don't have a bump. This is my second pregnancy. I have a 9 month old. I'm tired but thats it. I can still lie on my belly and boobs aren't sore even if they are bigger. Just keep worrying that the baby has stopped growing or something.

Sheebs - I could say the same things (apart from having the 9 month old :D ) I do find myself worrying and I still reckon the doppler was the best thing I have to relax me with the fears.

I dont have a bump as such. I reckon I just look fat

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Well it's definitely fat I'm putting on!! DH brought me home a yorkie and crisps and i keep dreaming of getting a bag of chips from the chippie to have with the left over curry from last night!!!!

I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and don't feel pregnant! Have had 3 scans and all was well in all of those. I just don't have a bump. This is my second pregnancy. I have a 9 month old. I'm tired but thats it. I can still lie on my belly and boobs aren't sore even if they are bigger. Just keep worrying that the baby has stopped growing or something.

I felt great at 15 weeks last time Queen of sheebs and i didnt even feel
    pregnant wish it was the same this time round. I wouldnt worry too much especially as you have had your scans . I still have another weeks wait for mine.I dont look like i have a bump yet just a fat belly :D.

How's everyone this week?

The belly is starting round out now more of the time. Especially after a meal. Still have the morning sickness but it doesn't upset me now like it did before. I just get sick and get over it now :o

Is anyone planning on finding out the sex of the baby? I really dont know what to do on it. I see some pro's and con's for both but has anyone any personal points of view to share on the subject?

• Advertisement

Hi is anyone else mad itchy on their belly/back? think a big load of growing going on at the moment, lashing on the bio oil but just feel like my skin is crawling. Mintydorris was amazed at the amount of people who asked us if we are finding out the sex, my current thoughts are no that will wait for the surprise as it our first but could see if you had a couple of kiddies already it would be handy for buying clothes etc

Advertisement