Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards members you begrudgingly admire?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Ah! Liah......where is that chica? Come back girl.....

Run Liah! Run, like you were Lot's wife! And don't look back.

And as for you Eve, I thought we'd agreed to meet in Gomorrah. How am I supposed to get a train to Sodom at this hour?

D'ye think I'm made of money? :pac:

I hate starbelgrade because he's funnier than me. The ****ing nerve of the guy.

Challenge him to a Connaught Stew off/ Funny off.

It might drag the other AHers up yeer way. We haven't had a silly AH beers in ages.

You have a witty jab.

But, watch his kidney punches. He can do amazing things with kidneys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Dudess, Mikom, Stovelid, Frada, KeithM89 and Krudler.

Best boardsies by a landslide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The only person I'd classify as someone I'd begrudgingly admire is Scofflaw. I often don't agree with what he says and his signoff makes me fly into a serious rage but his posts are generally good.

There are lots of people I just flat out admire but Wibbs is really out there on his own. I don't think I've ever skimmed one of his posts. The man is a legend and I love that you can find him popping up in a wide range of forums.

philologos wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I admire (and not begrudgingly) many of the people who have claimed the same about me on this thread and a few more:
    bluewolf, koth, strobe, Dudess, ScumLord, Seachmall, Dades, starbelgrade (given that I generally laugh due to the comedic value of his posts), Biggins, Wibbs, WindSock, Galvasean, Penn, and there are more that probably don't come to mind right now.

Indeed there are other people I agree with for the most part, but that's not the point of the thread I think.

These are some of the people that make me want to keep posting on boards.ie even when I think it's starting to get a little futile :)

No love for me? Well, up yours y'big ....y'big....y'big bloody,in the bath name-changing jackass.:mad:

InAllFairness

• Advertisement

Not begrudgingly at all, the heroes of PI/RI:

Dudess
    Sunflower27
    Ickle Magoo
    Zen65
    Beruthiel
    tinkerbell

...there's more I'm sure, but those guys & gals are a rock of good sense!

I know the rest from AH, but Zen65 posted once in AH and it was a magnificent post. I really should look at other fora.

I'm not that adventurous.

*Yes,the crispy king prawns and chicken curry with chips:o*

philologos wrote: »
    Oh, and it's not an alt account. It's the same I always had. Click the about tab on my profile and you'll see Previous Nicks: Jakkass in there.

I simply asked the kind people at the boards.ie Subscriber helpdesk to rename me. Same account, new name.

Like when Judaism evolved into Christianity?

*runs*

MagicSean wrote: »
    All 3 of me thank you.

Bloody overtime. *rabble rabble*:)

Only one person I truely admire on boards and who I hold in the utmost respect is the MMA Mod Cowzerp.

Dudess, I often get the feeling she walks among us and when I turn my back I get the finger from her and she laughs - because she know's we don't know.

Stupidusername - met her a few times, always brightens up my night.

Minidazzler - I remember a photo of him and his little sis, and a few posts where he spoke about her, I can tell he's a good bloke.

Wolfe Tone - That was a lad with an old head on young shoulders, I miss him.

KeithAFC (isn't that the prod one?) - Hilarious stuff.

There are more - Frada, TheZohan & Doc.B

Oh Degsy - He's a mate, and as funny and sharp IRL as he is on boards.. In fact what you see of Degsy on boards is Degsy IRL.

The above a my thoughts and opinions on these guys, only one I admire.

You have good taste Mak, but I'm surprised that you didn't mention Manic Moran. Is it an army thing? I thought you had the height of respect for him.

I don't like what he stands for, a lot of the time, but, he comes across as a consumate professional with a well ordered mind. His posts are always worth reading. I always got the feeling that ye respected each other, without saying too much.

Could just be me.

Choco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Oh Degsy ...as funny and sharp IRL as he is on boards.
    Poor Degsy:mad:

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Begrudgingly!

I'd say Degsy - disagree with a lot of his views and I don't think he backs them up well (although I fully agree with him on pain in the arse privileged gimp kids being preachy about capitalism) but he can be funny as fuk and he sticks to his guns - and seems quite a warm person under the anger.

Dudess and Degsy up a tree K-i-s-s.... aah ****it. Anyone for a pint?

No begrudgingliness just tend to find their posts reasonable.

Krudler
    Monty Burnz
    Dudess
    Millicent
    Wibbs
    Anonoboy/Javaboy
    Cordially, Scofflaw (although establishment, his posts are always well-constructed).
    Liam Byrne
    Wertz
    Strobe
    Basq
    Morbert
    Ruu

Aah cheers man. I'd forgotten Wertz.

And from the bedsit in Rathmines; can we have your votes?

Wertz ; douze points.

That is Wertz; Twelve points...

... Norway Nil points

Norway. No points.

That concludes the voting from Rathmines.

Thank you Rathmines. Now let's have a look at the scoreboard..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Multiquote. He's a sound lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

kraggy wrote: »

What's the story with all the folk who have closed their accounts? e.g. Outlaw Pete etc.

Pete's a legend - really sad to see him gone.

True, but he's a celebrity around these parts and while his heroics are already known to all, I've seen him make typos.

Yup. His Fait manufacturing plant was never a runner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dudess wrote: »
    Almost as heartfelt as what you said to me during my brief foray into the 'Dome... :o

I meant it..anytime :p

If by "good" you mean he was well capable of posting a post then I would have to agree. Aside from that.... not so much. Though one does have to grudgingly admire how he goes onto threads espousing total nonsense... runs a country mile when it is challenged or he is asked to substantiate even the smallest part of it.... then quickly does the same on new threads where he has not yet been caught out.... over and over again and he gets away with it and some people - though clearly not many - still take him seriously.

Furious,cerebral atheism 0

Love 1

I have to say that I'm totally flattered to the point of being slightly embarrassed by the people who mentioned me.

Haven't been on boards a year yet and my only regret is not having signed up a long time ago. Needless to say I've learned a lot.

If I was to give a young person advice on learning stuff I would say join boards.ie and go and have some arguments cos you'll quickly learn that you better back your shit up with some credible evidence or you're gonna get your ass handed to you.

/drinkin'
    Biggins wrote: »
    As I said, he tells it straight! :D

Here, Biggins, do you remember Dionysus's critique of Rebecca Black's "Friday" ?

And I quote, "Jaysus, that's fierce shyte altogether"

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

strobe wrote: »
    Yeah I see they released Gordon back into the prison forum. :D About time too.
    I couldn't stay away!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I can't think of any poster I 'bugrudgingly' admire. I either admire their posts or I don't.

Anyway, don't circle-jerk threads like this usually get locked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Furious,cerebral atheism 0

Love 1

See what I mean? There is still a tiny circle of people who take him seriously, think he has anything to do with love or truth or reason and respect him for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Anyway, don't circle-jerk threads like this usually get locked?

Aww poor diddums didnt get a mention!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Degsy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Here, Biggins, do you remember Dionysus's critique of Rebecca Black's "Friday" ?

And I quote, "Jaysus, that's fierce shyte altogether"

:pac:

All said with unique style! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Seamus.

##No grudge in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Don't post a lot myself but I usually find myself agreeing with most of what Dudess says.

Disagree with Biggins about 75% of the time but admire his tenacity and resolve.

Pighead is/was great.

Flutterinbantam had more defecation-based metaphors up his sleeve then any sane man could have.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

skyhighflyer.

He doesn't post much but for 75% of his post I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

They all have lovely bottoms.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Don't post a lot myself but I usually find myself agreeing with most of what Dudess says.

Disagree with Biggins about 75% of the time but admire his tenacity and resolve.

Its good to hear that your right at least 25% of the time then! :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Degsy for Taoiseach

Advertisement