Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haircut

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I always find it strange that men protest so vehemently when it comes to the price of a haircut. You get a haircut on average, what, every 6-8 weeks. What's 20 quid when spread over that time? I have paid 20 quid including 2 euros of a tip for about the last 3 years.

When I lived in Limerick I went to Figaro and had the same person cut my hair every time. They knew how I wanted it and did so. When I moved to Prague I chanced one barbers and he did an excellent job. I now go back to him every time for my haircut and the cost is about the same I paid in Limerick. You build up a trust with your hairdresser and so don't leave the place disappointed.

By all means go out and spend a tenner on some bloke who has never cut your hair before and ends up scalping you. I'd prefer to pay the extra for a good service and leave happy.

When you compare it to what the fairer sex pays I think we don't do that bad at all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Some light-hearted, yet useful, articles -
    How to Pick a Barber
    How to Talk to Your Barber

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Kess73 wrote: »
    Razors in Thomondgate is open on Sundays between 12 and 16:00.

Stays open until 22:00 Mon to Thurs as well.

Good spot for a cut, good for shaves as well once you get over the fact there is an Arsenal supporter with a blade to your throat. :D

Went to this guy today on your suggestion. Nice guy and really puts a lot of effort into a simple dry cut. His opening hours are unbelievable too. Only complaint would be the price. €16 WITH a student discount is a bit steep IMO but can't complain too much on a Sunday with no other barber open. Would go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

Aidric wrote: »

When you compare it to what the fairer sex pays I think we don't do that bad at all.

In fairness if you're stupid enough to pay what the fairer sex pays for hair to be cut, then you probably deserve to have it (the cash i mean :p ) taken off you!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

ABEasy wrote: »
    New place in greenpark by punches cross €17, too much for a bog standard haircut in fairness.

:eek: Wow, that's madness!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Slickmick

<scissor snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Hi James.....

Stephen in Ali Barber is very good used to work in Crocs in Dooradoyle , does a great job only a tenner Tues to thurs too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Where's that slickmick, I didn't hear ya the first time?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Slickmick permabanned for spamming the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭LimerickSports

Yes everyone knows Ali's barber shop is the cheapest but not the best the barbers and definatly will not try to talk to you when you are getting your hair cut.. it is 10 euro monday to thursday and other days 13 euro, but they give vouchers for 3 euro off your next haircut every time. For the best barber shop i would recommend da vinchis only 12 euro and very good haircuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

Da Vinci on Thomas St €12. Savage altogether and a good cut with friendly service in there too. I used always go to Blades but wont ever change from Da Vinci now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

To bring life to an old thread, went looking for a barber yesterday to get hair cut today for interview.. On foot so despite browzing this for a decent barber, i picked first one I found, which happened to be Pat 'God' Stapleton's...
    I have to say despite the stairs, was a pretty decent cut. Head shave and beard trim for 15e.
    Age has taken it's toll though, and although he's has what seems to be a pretty charismatic wife, don't expect any conversations out of himself.
    Very warm though, took my jacket and hung it up so wouldn't get hairs on it, it's the little things...
    I like the quiet haircuts to be honest, don't mind a little chat but once that's done I'm happy with silence...
    Definitely knows his stuff about being a barber, if you want a traditional cut, he's your man.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I just don't get barbers giving you a haircut that they think you should have or just because they see a footballer with it.

I have lost count the amount of times a barber gives me a haircut and I think "that's fine, but it's not what I asked for".

That's my own fault for not really explaining what it is I want, but the last two times I suggested getting a certain style, they both advised me against it, and pulled out a style book with footballers haircuts that would look "great" on me. I don't want a footballers haircut.

Nothing wrong with footballers haircuts, but it seems 99% have this quiff thing going on these days...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The baldies can only dream of a fringe/quiff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'd nearly prefer to be going light on top, at least then it would give me a good excuse to shave it. I don't understand people who fret about losing their hair! It's not as bad as it seems!

Advertisement