Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What headphones do you own?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_travel-line_502387

enroute to moi! Look forward to getting them..Ill post a wee review when I receive them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Brian wrote: »
    Can't see 'em when they're on your head.

Someeeebody doesnt have vanity mirrors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Getting a 404 message there damo86?

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PXC-360-BT-Noiseguaurd/dp/B004JU0E08

sennheiser revamped their site so broken link!

After all that they've cancelled my order because its discontinued!

Can't find a decent replacement that ticks all the boxes now. And now asking myself...do I really need wireless?

Tempted by the tma-1 at the mo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

Bose quietcomfort15 noise canceling headphones ..expensive but desperately needed them to drown out all the sound in the house to help me do college work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Headphones:
    Beyerdynamic DT150 w/ Velour Pads
    Audio Technica ATH-A55
    Sennheiser HD497
    Sennheiser PX200

Monitors:
    Alesis M1Active MKII

Amps:
    Modded X-Cans V2
    Bravo G2

Sources:
    Cowon J3
    Audigy 2 Platinum Ex

Must look into getting a DAC at some point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Sennheiser HD280 Pro.

Have them for years, love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Headphone:
    Ultrasone Pro 900 w/Blue Dragon cable and J$ pads
    Sennheiser HD590
    Sennheiser PC150

IEM:
    Etymotic HF2 w/custom tips
    Etymotic ER6

Amp:
    Fiio E7 + E9

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just did some quick mods on my pair.
    Kramer mod (3mm drill & extra with sharp knife/ needle files).

I tried to do a quarter mod but still found the standard foam uncomfortable.
    Next, I tried a pair of cheap PX-200 pads, but they were too small and inhibited some sound.

Finally, I realised: I had a pair of "broken" Skullcandy something-or-others I can cannibalize!
    Ripped the nice big pleather pads out and secured them to my PortaPros with some hot glue.

Result:
    1e9cc52eb59a11e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg
    Koss PortaPro (red), kramer mod, old Skullcandy pleather pads.

Also, I would like to add I'm NOT trying to make them look like baby beats or anything ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I'd like a set of those ^ in black, solely for the nylon over-cable. I love my Porta Pros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Added a pair of Q701s a good while back, but my O2 amp finally arrived today! Everything sounds a good bit clearer and more detailed, glad I got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I received my HD 25-1s and Fiio E7 two weeks ago today and have been loving them so far. The sound quality is so much better than I was expecting and I had high expectations! I was really pining for the 598s but the 25-1s suit me better at the moment. I bought the amp mainly for use with my laptop (an original unibody macbook, so ~4 years old). I'd tested a few friends' headphones off the laptop and felt it lacked power to drive them adequately. With no amp the 25-1s sound great but with the amp they sound incredible!

Well...
    My KPP's connector is wrecked after barely 40 days.
    FFS
    Just outside the regular "30 Day" replacement guarantee.
    Really pissed off now.

Addendum: HMV sorted me with free replacements. Always keep your receipts!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

And my hf3's have decided to give me a lot of trouble, cable frayed, sound dropping etc. I'm back to my old CX 400 IIs for Classical which is ok but nothing fabulous (too much bass) and am trying to decide whether to sink money into something nice like Ultimate Ear Triple-Fis or whether to take that money and spend it on music instead and forgo expensive IEMs due to the damage they naturally get put through.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

nesf wrote: »
    And my hf3's have decided to give me a lot of trouble, cable frayed, sound dropping etc. I'm back to my old CX 400 IIs for Classical which is ok but nothing fabulous and am trying to decide whether to sink money into something nice like Ultimate Ear Triple-Fis or whether to take that money and spend it on music instead and forgo expensive IEMs due to the damage they naturally get put through.

Thoughts?

I'll sell ya my TF10s :P

Thoughts would be as long as you're still listening to your music and not your gear then you can warrant getting another pair of expensive IEMs.

marko93 wrote: »
    I'll sell ya my TF10s :P

Thoughts would be as long as you're still listening to your music and not your gear then you can warrant getting another pair of expensive IEMs.

Yeah but remember Classical is a black hole when it comes to money. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

turtle beaches.

Yeah but remember Classical is a black hole when it comes to money. :)
    Truuue, but sure isn't all of this Audiophile business a money pit :P
    EoghanIRL wrote: »
    turtle beaches.

El oh el.

• Advertisement

And of course my HD 25-IIs. Really, it's not like I lack for headphones at the moment... :D

And of course my HD 25-IIs. Really, it's not like I lack for headphones at the moment... :D

Sure I'll swap ya :D

Owning at the moment:
    • Allesandros MS-1i
    • Audio Technica ATH-M50
    • Shure SE215
    • Ultimate Ears TripleFI 10s
    • Koss PortaPro
    • Sennhierser PX-100i

marko93 wrote: »
    Sure I'll swap ya :D

Owning at the moment:
    • Allesandros MS-1i
    • Audio Technica ATH-M50
    • Shure SE215
    • Ultimate Ears TripleFI 10s
    • Koss PortaPro
    • Sennhierser PX-100i

Addict... :D

Pity you're not in Cork, I want to give a listen to about half those. ;)

Addict... :D

Pity you're not in Cork, I want to give a listen to about half those. ;)

I actually owened a few more than that :P but they were Budget-Fi. Could always post them as loaners :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I just got a pair of Sennheiser MM 450 X as a warranty replacement for a broken pair of PXC 310 BT. They are €100 dearer but the PXC 310 BT are discontinued so they were the closest replacement. I use them for commuting to work on the train and find them very good for that purpose. I also own a pair of PX 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Bose QuietComfort 3 (have had them about 5 years - love them)
    Shure SE 530 - great sound off them.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Added a set of Etymotic MC2 a few weeks back, by accident more than anything - I was on my way to London and was rushing leaving the house, when I got to the airport I had the shock/horror moment when I realised I'd forgotten my MP3 player and IE8s :mad: I remembered then that I had some music on my iPhone so dropped into Dixons travel and made a random purchase of these MC2s (given the circumstances, I swore a budget of no more than 80 euro!) - the deep insertion tips took a bit of getting used to and I really noticed the difference in sound when comparing the IE8 with FLAC files on a Cowon S9 versus these on the iPhone but overall I've been reasonably impressed... that said, when I got home these were dumped into a box and the IE8 and Cowon firmly back in use... I must pair them up with the S9 for a bit and see how they perform.

I want to add a new set of headphones in the coming weeks and have been pretty keen on the B&W P5s up to reading mixed reports on headfi - also, I've tried the P3 and read a few reviews and they seem quite tempting. I had been planing to buy a set of Grado SR80 next but whatever I go for will also be used for music in bed and from what I've read the Grado are full of sound leak so not really an option. So, any suggestions on a good quality set of closed headphones? - Main remit being sound quality (of course!), comfort and good isolation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Picked up some Sennheiser headphones today #daycent

Advertisement