Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What headphones do you own?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Sennheiser CX200 (I think) in-ear earphones for phone mp3 listening.

Sennheiser PC21 headset for Skype

Sennheiser HD595 headphones for music

Thinking of getting a Corsair Vengeance 2000 headset to replace the PC21 and HD595 (I know it's a downgrade, but I'm liking the wireless-ness).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Serephucus wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a Corsair Vengeance 2000 headset to replace the PC21 and HD595 (I know it's a downgrade, but I'm liking the wireless-ness).

And it was like a billion headphone addicts all cried out at once and were suddenly silenced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Anky2930

I have sennheiser PX 30 headphones and What I love most in that is its bass quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Seinheiser HD650 with Firestone Audio Spitfire Mk II DAC and NJC Audio Monitor I headphone amplifier. :D Sounds great with EAC ripped FLACs!

I wouldn't mind picking up a pair of closed back headphones for discrete listening though, any recommendations from the Seinheiser stable?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I wouldn't mind picking up a pair of closed back headphones for discrete listening though, any recommendations from the Seinheiser stable?

HD 25-1 IIs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Sony MDREX310LPB Monitor Series

These are £35 from Amazon.co.uk. Best earphones I have ever owned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I have in my collection:

Shure e3c
    Shure e4c
    Koss Portapro
    AKG K518LE

Looking at some Grado's next. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

As of today I know longer have the PX200-II. Well I do, but they broke have a real murky sound. Second pair in a year, exact same problem. Amazon might replace them again if I'm lucky.

However I've added MUSE the DJ headphones, they're probably awful, but I'd seen them going for €50 on Amazon and were €10 on Play so I chanced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Weepsie wrote: »
    As of today I know longer have the PX200-II. Well I do, but they broke have a real murky sound. Second pair in a year, exact same problem. Amazon might replace them again if I'm lucky.

However I've added MUSE the DJ headphones, they're probably awful, but I'd seen them going for €50 on Amazon and were €10 on Play so I chanced it.

For a tenner though . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Got some Koss Portapros recently to add to my collection, they are pretty damn good for €20.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Koss PortaPros, Senn PX-200 II, Senn CX-300 and a newish pair of Grado SR80i that I got for Christmas. Budget audiophiling!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

As of yesterday, Brainwavz HM3 also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Koss PortaPros, Senn PX-200 II, Senn CX-300 and a newish pair of Grado SR80i that I got for Christmas. Budget audiophiling!

I just added a Fiio E6 to my portable set up. When I'm at home I use a Bithead dac/amp belonging to my Dad with the Grados but never really got into the idea of a portable amp. The E6 is only an amp but so far I'm pretty impressed using it with the Grados and the portapros. Now I'm considering upgrading the cx-300s to make the whole thing fairly innocuous when I'm commuting....any excuse to buy a new pair of IEMs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I don't splash out on in ear heaphones as they always brake on me within six months, I bought these and the Argos warranty even though I've lost the receipt ¬,¬
    but they are the comfiest and most durable pairs of headphones for under 20 euro I've ever had, of course I am sacrificing sound quality but I have no issues with these the sound is clear and loud enough so really good for what they are.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9371211/Trail/searchtext%3EIN+EAR.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Got a pair of Koss Porta Pros this week, really like them so far, sound quality is top notch for the price :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

My Aiaiai TMA-1's arrived today. They'd been sitting in a depot since last week. Very early impression is that they are bloody good. The untimely demise of my PX200-iis (second pair) has turned out to be a good thing as the refund covered 2/3 of the cost.

The Portapros will always be in reach though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have sennhesier pc350s and jvc ha-rx700s'. Love em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Sennheiser HD555s - good all rounders I find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Koss Porta pros and some JVC marshmallows are all you need . love em

Koss Porta pros and some JVC marshmallows are all you need . love em

Haha, both are definitely good value for money but they're still only the first rung on the ladder ;)

• Advertisement

Brian wrote: »
    Haha, both are definitely good value for money but they're still only the first rung on the ladder ;)

I'm on about rung 3 . . . 2 pairs of ~€150 cans and soon a pair of €130 IEMs.

This only gets worse, doesn't it?

Yeah, and trust me you don't even want to think about speakers!

Yeah, and trust me you don't even want to think about speakers!

My audiophilia only involves my PC and a PMP at the moment thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Pioneer HDJ 2000's,
    Beats By Dre Solo HD,
    Waiting on delivery of Klipsch Image S4i's.
    Next on the list either the TMA-1's or Sennheiser HD-25's. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just joined the PortaPro club :)

I bought them in town, since I couldn't even find an English site that sold the red model (and because I'm impatient!)

koss_porta_pro_-_on_fire_ear-pad_-14566951-frntl.jpg

Where did you find them in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Where did you find them in town?
    HMV Grafton St. have them for €45 in Red, White & Black editions (they're not the expensive KTC version though)

Could do much worse for €45, tbh. Not bad.

Could do much worse for €45, tbh. Not bad.

They look awful though. I'm not one who's much taken wth the aesthetics of his audio gear either.

• Advertisement

Can't see 'em when they're on your head.

Advertisement