Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StarCraft 2 Lan event - Dublin (18th February)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

He's just hyping the event. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 hyp

Yeah trolling seems to be quite popular in sc2 so I thought i'd give it a go... Glad to see there is such a big Irish sc2 community, if anyone fancies practicing with a mid diamond feel free to add me, email is patrick_hyperion@hotmail.com, nick is "hyp" id "879"...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

... and are you coming to the tourney? Or you just want to practice with Irish partners? :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lightness

If sign up is still possible:
    Boards.ie Name: Lightness
    Battle.net ID Name: LightTemplar
    Battle.net ID Code: 405
    Are you bringing your own PC?: yes
    Are you over 18?: yes
    Do you require help organising transport?: no
    Do you require any special requirements, e.g. disability access?: no

Also a few friends who wouldnt mind going but tell me if availability is there before i ask :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

lightness, im afraid for now the signups are closed. the space is limited, and for now, we have enough to fill up the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 hyp

Unfortunately I cant attend anyway due to work but yeah I'm looking for any Irish peeps that play the game at around my level (Diamond) for some practice...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

hyp wrote: »
    Unfortunately I cant attend anyway due to work but yeah I'm looking for any Irish peeps that play the game at around my level (Diamond) for some practice...

Feanor.980 - add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Shinerrs

Hello RoyalMarine,

Could you please look over the private message that I have sent you in your own time.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NighTxX

Can you announce the map pool soon? Don't want to play on maps i haven't played before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thejuilesyboy

can you update the thread with finalised date singups map pool, plz sir also i know a guy who might cast, if needed, is it okay to bring a friend to the event? mybe some1 sould talk to the TL admins if we had a cast going they might put it on streams, would be nice and worth a try, thanks for setting this up also :):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

can you update the thread with finalised date singups map pool, plz sir also i know a guy who might cast, if needed, is it okay to bring a friend to the event? mybe some1 sould talk to the TL admins if we had a cast going they might put it on streams, would be nice and worth a try, thanks for setting this up also :):D

Just so you know, we won't be able to cast from the venue, the connection won't hold up, we'll need someone to cast from another location or connection, but get invited to the games, cause after all, sc2 is an online game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

All of this has been done already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Heya, just updating to say RL stuff's come up so taking my name off the list, and let the first-in-line grab my place :)
    Hope ye're all awesome at it and there's nay a sniff of Roquefort about the place :pac:

map pool, confirmed date, i cant find either anywhere, is it a championship bracket style or group rounds? if you can link me plz<

If places become available please let me know:

Boards.ie Name: Shinerrs
    Battle.net ID Name: Shinerrs
    Battle.net ID Code: 148
    Are you bringing your own PC?: Considering
    Are you over 18?: Yes
    Do you require help organising transport?: No, I am driving from Waterford.
    Do you require any special requirements, e.g. disability access?: No.

Boards.ie Name: -
    Battle.net ID Name: Paddy
    Battle.net ID Code: 341
    Are you bringing your own PC?: No
    Are you over 18?: Yes
    Do you require help organising transport?:No
    Do you require any special requirements, e.g. disability access?:No

map pool, confirmed date, i cant find either anywhere, is it a championship bracket style or group rounds? if you can link me plz<

Date is February 18th.

Bracket is Double Elimination.

Can someone please answer what the map pool will be? x.x lots of people are wanting to know

thanks man,nice choice with double elim, i have a friend who would be up for casting from home if you still want casters, more the merrier i say

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

With 2 new maps in ladder play for Season 6, why not add them in for the later stages of the tournament?

Orizio wrote: »
    ...because people aren't used to playing on them?

Even playing field? Just pondering....

Tenger wrote: »
    With 2 new maps in ladder play for Season 6, why not add them in for the later stages of the tournament?

...because people aren't used to playing on them?

• Advertisement

true but most tourney maps people aren't used to thats why it would be nice to have a map pool to practice
    i think a 7 map pool would be nice, with vetos, that way you can please most of the people
    meto
    shak
    shattered
    daybreak
    dualsite
    cloud kingdom
    talderim

that would be my best judgment at balanced maps,

**** it lets just say thats the map pool, everyone in agreement say 'aye'...

1. Metalopolis
    2. Antiga Shipyard
    3. Entombed Valley
    4. Shakuras Plateau
    5. Shattered Temple
    6. Daybreak
    7. Cloud Kingdom

Meta is so Zerg favored I hate it. But Night's other choices are pretty solid and I guess everyone has a lot of experience on Meta, too.

Please update the map pool. I've also received some interest about people who want to cast the event. (They'll be doing it from home, not from the venue).

I need the final details so I can post them on TL. The LAN is this weekend I need to know what's happening!

Meta is so Zerg favored I hate it. But Night's other choices are pretty solid and I guess everyone has a lot of experience on Meta, too.

Please update the map pool. I've also received some interest about people who want to cast the event. (They'll be doing it from home, not from the venue).

I need the final details so I can post them on TL. The LAN is this weekend I need to know what's happening!

I'm not great at picking map pools, so go with what ever ye feel to be best.
    no other details have changed.

I will be around the LAN venue / pub from 8pm onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

. I've also received some interest about people who want to cast the event. (They'll be doing it from home, not from the venue).

That's awesome. Perhaps it'd be better if two of them (cause more than 2 voices is confusing) could use a skype call and just one stream, so that viewers aren't torn between streams. But split streams would be good for the early stages where there are plenty of games being played.

But the finals should be on one stream at least, but then again, the finals will be on at like 4am or 5am, so be warned y'all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Best of luck with the LAN guys - wish i had spotted this earlier!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Jhax

Anybody ever been to that spidernet internet café at the top of O'Connell street just up from the Savoy. Computer are way better than XGC and it was only 2 quid an hour today which was nice. They don't have SC2 setup on the computers but if they could it would save ppl having to bring their pc's

i'm talking about future LAN's of course

Hey, any update if there are any spots available?

Application sent in 10th of feb, shortly after announcement of spots filled up.

• Advertisement

Shinerrs wrote: »
    Hey, any update if there are any spots available?

Application sent in 10th of feb, shortly after announcement of spots filled up.

yes and no, Ill reply to pm to anyone who posted after reg closed tomorrow. but for now, we MIGHT have 2 or 3 spots free.

Once i double check the numbers, ill get back to everyone who posted after that time.

Advertisement