Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

dgt wrote: »
    "WHAT HAVE YOU GOT , CAR VAN JEEP TRUCK" - He must hate his car :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

jharr100 wrote: »
    PRICE DROP!!!
    (If only I was in the market for one...)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4255084
    Saab Ed wrote: »

Wow, two really nice finds there. We might finally upgrade from the K11 Micra this week. The missus is fussy but I could probably work on her to look at these.

Her main requirement is reliability but I'd like her to have a little luxury too. Coming from a K11 either of these would be a massive upgrade.

Any potential issues to look out for? Right now I'm leaning towards the Lexus as size wise it's right for her and I'm guessing reliability would be a little bettr than the Saab?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Seweryn wrote: »
    "WHAT HAVE YOU GOT , CAR VAN JEEP TRUCK" - He must hate his car :pac:.

Maybe the running costs..... I'd love that yoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Rolling project thats taxable for peanuts. One for the crazy brave

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4161030

View2-15537191.jpeg
    Forgetting the VRT though, as it is in the state already...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Wow, two really nice finds there. We might finally upgrade from the K11 Micra this week. The missus is fussy but I could probably work on her to look at these.

Her main requirement is reliability but I'd like her to have a little luxury too. Coming from a K11 either of these would be a massive upgrade.

Any potential issues to look out for? Right now I'm leaning towards the Lexus as size wise it's right for her and I'm guessing reliability would be a little bettr than the Saab?
    IS200 is hard on juice, though (6 cylinder engine).

The Saab engine may have been fubared by sludge (unless I'm thinking of a different model?). More knowledgeable posters may clarify this...

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    IS200 is hard on juice, though (6 cylinder engine).

The Saab engine may have been fubared by sludge (unless I'm thinking of a different model?). More knowledgeable posters may clarify this...

Yeah I know that about both: the missus wants something reasonably economical so the IS200 is probably just a pipe dream..... making the Saab the only real contender if it's not fudged.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

... making the Saab the only real contender if it's not fudged.

Factor in 250 quid for a sump drop and a small service , you'll be fine. Great cars that nobody wants. If you want then just PM me before you buy, I'll tell you all I know bout them.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Any suggestions for something < €1000, good mpg and fairly reliable...

That civic above would be pretty good on fuel as they only weigh 925kg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

TheBully wrote: »
    Wow!
    Power steering!!

That bad boy sells itself:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That civic above would be pretty good on fuel as they only weigh 925kg.
    I had one of these and found it to be hard enough on petrol. I struggled to get much more than 300 miles to the fill.

Im getting over 400+ miles in a e11 corolla and it has a slightly smaller tank than the civic.

Them Civics are a nice car though. An unmolested one like the one posted above would keep going for years yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

whats all the drill holes for?

irishgeo wrote: »

whats all the drill holes for?
    Drill holes? Where?

On the suspension tower passenger side. They all have them.

On the suspension tower passenger side. They all have them.
    Oh them yes they came from the factory with those threaded holes. When I heard drilled holes I assumed it was on the dashboard :-)

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I had one of these and found it to be hard enough on petrol. I struggled to get much more than 300 miles to the fill.
    I drive one of these, but I have the 1.5 VTi version. My last 12 months average fuel economy is almost 48mpg (47.93 mpg to be more precise), so the car does almost 700 - 800 km on a tank (not sure exactly, as I never wait for the warning light and refill the tank early).

Not sure about the 1.4 model, but the 1.5 is very economical. Probably a bit better choice, as the power is also higher (130hp or 115 in Euro version) and it cruises effortlessly due to the long gears.

I drive one of these, but I have the 1.5 VTi version. My last 12 months average fuel economy is almost 48mpg (47.93 mpg to be more precise), so the car does almost 700 - 800 km on a tank (not sure exactly, as I never wait for the warning light and refill the tank early).

Not sure about the 1.4 model, but the 1.5 is very economical. Probably a bit better choice, as the power is also higher (130hp or 115 in Euro version) and it cruises effortlessly due to the long gears.
    Yes the 1.5 is much better on fuel and a nicer car to drive too imo. My mate had one and he was getting much more milage to the fill than me.

We both done the same 300 mile trip in both cars and mine was in need of a refil while his still had half a tank left. Them 1.5 civics are very rare though especially good ones.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Them 1.5 civics are very rare though especially good ones.
    Yeah, very true. I was looking for one a good while before I found a fully original, low mileage example. Looks almost impossible these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Factor in 250 quid for a sump drop and a small service , you'll be fine. Great cars that nobody wants. If you want then just PM me before you buy, I'll tell you all I know bout them.

I'm about to buy a 2002 95 petrol auto, if you know anything about them send a PM to me if you can. I've done my research, listened to the engine noises on Youtube, but if there's any other bargaining points, let me know!

Yeah, very true. I was looking for one a good while before I found a fully original, low mileage example. Looks almost impossible these days.
    Your very lucky to get such a good example. Most that turn up on donedeal are modified beyond recognition and have the crap driven out of them.

€200 over budget, but I always liked these little things

03 StreetKa
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3352329

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Like the quote "runs on the smell of petrol"
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4357407

E46 with lots of test and tax

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4444516

born2bwild wrote: »

I'd hold out for an actual sporting

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

born2bwild wrote: »
    I really love it's "car audio in da boot". :D

And obviously it's not sporting. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

NCT till July, 950

Diesel, taxed till June
    Full-16809061.jpeg

NCT till April, 1950

Diesel, taxed till August, get haggling!
    Full-16867120.jpeg

€200 over budget, but I always liked these little things

03 StreetKa
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3352329

If you're interested in buying a car but it has no tax- what can you do? I presume you can't take it for a test drive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

TheBully wrote: »

Sold :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement