Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

jharr100 wrote: »
    Manual or auto box I wonder?

Manual

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Saab Ed wrote: »
    That was on DD about a month ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Love it. Thats the type of thing that gets you stupid discount off the price. Wait for a week and after nobody else has called just offer 300 quid. Then use google for this (which i would have thought was kinda obvious anyway ) ....

http://www.fixya.com/cars/t3696259-daihatsu_terios_automatic_1997

then add to the mix a little over 30mpg a thirsty little yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Joshua J wrote: »
    View2-16461968.jpeg

Hybrid Alfa 156

Hybrid eh :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

Same car was for sale for a grand in Sept from the same seller..
    What exactly does a "hybrid" car take ?
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Hybrid eh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

For something a small bit different

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4342767

You don't see em on the roads much anymore or even back in the day for that matter. That example looks a bit scangerised but I've seen worse...much worse...might be worth a punt

Fuh Q wrote: »

You selling?

need an unlocked phone?

pity car has no tax or test...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

That ad is hilarious!

• Advertisement

You selling?

need an unlocked phone?

pity car has no tax or test...

No, not mine, its a cheap future classic, in a couple of years they will be very rare. Wish I had the cash to buy it..
    Surely there must be a Toyota fan here that would like it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

€300 plus an unlocked phone, or else just €300?

Think I'll keep my phone so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Another E100 off in the January sales?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4311942

4311942#

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4351826

Would it be a good time to buy a nice yoke like this,, spend a grand on an LPG conversion and then drive away at 79C a litre, you'd probably fill her for under 50 euro, and get what, 350 miles from a tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4351826

Would it be a good time to buy a nice yoke like this,, spend a grand on an LPG conversion and then drive away at 79C a litre, you'd probably fill her for under 50 euro, and get what, 350 miles from a tank?

Not sure I'd fancy spending €900 on a car, and over a grand on a conversion tbh.

Like that car has 143k on the clock. It might go ok for a few years, but might not.

I'd personally only do a LPG conversion on a half decent car that would last me a good few years. That Saab might be half decent, but the asking price is only €950, so I'd have my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Would it be a good time to buy a nice yoke like this,, spend a grand on an LPG conversion and then drive away at 79C a litre...
    It depends for how long the Government will let you enjoy the 79c a litre price. Hard to predict how they will react if there are significant amount of cars converted to LPG appear on the roads.

Seweryn wrote: »
    It depends for how long the Government will let you enjoy the 79c a litre price. Hard to predict how they will react if there are significant amount of cars converted to LPG appears on the roads.

Yeah known the clowns running this country anything is possible. In Holland, LPG is very popular, as in a few other euro countries, and they actually embrace it as it's better for the environment.

Our lot would just see it as a money making exercise.

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Not sure I'd fancy spending €900 on a car, and over a grand on a conversion tbh.

Like that car has 143k on the clock. It might go ok for a few years, but might not.

I'd personally only do a LPG conversion on a half decent car that would last me a good few years. That Saab might be half decent, but the asking price is only €950, so I'd have my doubts.

Point taken,
    Maybe that 95 wasn't the perfect example with the mileage she has up on her, but as these pages show its easy enough to pick up a nice 5 series or Lexus or whatever for not a whole lot of money with sub 100k mileage.

Point taken,
    Maybe that 95 wasn't the perfect example with the mileage she has up on her, but as these pages show its easy enough to pick up a nice 5 series or Lexus or whatever for not a whole lot of money with sub 100k mileage.

Saab 9-5 petrols are dirt cheap. I was pricing a few Volvo S60s and S80s last night, and there's serious bargains out there. Probably the same for the 5 series and the Lexus as you say.

Shouldn't be too hard to find a nice, well cared for, example with less than 100k on the clock for silly money. Nice to have 79c/litre gas in Cork city too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

That merc is a nice find and well worth fixing I would think. Very clean for 185000m. The drivers seat must have been replaced it looks too good for that many years and miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

Jesus, its sold already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Jesus, its sold already

That must be close to a record!

I'd say that someone got a sweet deal on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Jesus, its sold already

Bet 'twas Saab Ed! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Nforce wrote: »
    Most recent Vehicle Registration Certificate issued on : 08/11/2012

Also..information on another site puts NCT due date Jan '13

€950 for a 2003 Saab should raise eyebrows even without that info.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4357439

View2-16485460.jpeg

Asking €2250 but there's 10 months tax on it so it sneaks in here me thinks.

NCT until next year presumably means until 2014 but that's a presumption.

Pics are sh1t and it's on wheel trims but it's been serviced regularly apparently, might be decent.

For people who tax their cars quarterly there's over €600 tax with it.

any one here from around or traveling thro newcastlewest, who would take a quick gander at a bangernomics bowley for me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

RoverJames wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4357439

View2-16485460.jpeg

Asking €2250 but there's 10 months tax on it so it sneaks in here me thinks.

NCT until next year presumably means until 2014 but that's a presumption.

Pics are sh1t and it's on wheel trims but it's been serviced regularly apparently, might be decent.

For people who tax their cars quarterly there's over €600 tax with it.
    Must be nct till 2014 if its 2002
    It also doesn't seem to be a taxi either.

Nice find. Needs alloys though.

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    Nothing more satasfying than getting a vehicle like that, destined for the scrappies and putting it right, for peanuts :D

Currently eyeing something in a similar manner myself.... ;)

the seller does not answer the fone or emails, at least mine anway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement