Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3686957
    diesel audi a3 with nct, 999€

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭pcardin

What's the verdict on this?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3680607

Full?id=13187473

V70 for less than a grand?

throttle body may strike. common fault. very expensive to fix. Other than that superb car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3686957
    diesel audi a3 with nct, 999€

Staaayyy awaayyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 64,878 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Staaayyy awaayyyy

What's wrong with it? C'mon share a secret :D

unkel wrote: »
    What's wrong with it? C'mon share a secret :D

It's clocked, used to have 160,000 on it about three years ago.

Also when a friend of mine had it every window was broken in it.

The flywheel needed to be done, it had 17"Rs6's and it's as rough as a badgers rear end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Okay, so its no bargain at the asking but there's something very endearing about its honesty and simplicity. Great runaround at 750 quid to boot ....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3687402

View2-13220587.jpeg

Looks loved ..... but that might just be lots of Polish :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3634522

View2-12969240.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Okay, so its no bargain at the asking but there's something very endearing about its honesty and simplicity. Great runaround at 750 quid to boot ....

€1200, are ya having a laugh!

brembo26 wrote: »

Was 750 a few minutes ago.

brembo26 wrote: »

Yup, off the wall alright. Great little car for half that though. Reliable, misser on fuel, easy to fix and great craic to drive. 5 doors, decent boot, you could almost use it as a family car.

• Advertisement

Yup, off the wall alright. Great little car for half that though. Reliable, misser on fuel, easy to fix and great craic to drive. 5 doors, decent boot, you could almost use it as a family car.

..... many families did no doubt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Looks loved ..... but that might just be lots of Polish :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3634522

View2-12969240.jpeg

Obviously a BMW fan, another 5 series in background? Contact Golf? Fred in the shed!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3688430

View2?id=13226190

Get the price of a few months tax and away you go. One like this is a rare find in Ireland and it almost falls into the bangernomics territory. Unreal...

Having said that I posted this before I think, wonder why it's for sale...

166man wrote: »

Get the price of a few months tax and away you go. One like this is a rare find in Ireland and it almost falls into the bangernomics territory. Unreal...

Great car yada yada.

It's still only worth about 8-900 euro at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,386 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's a 12 year old 3.0 alfa. there's no way it's worth that money IMO! I'd be at 800

Great minds...

View2?id=13226190

Gorgeous looking car ! Italian Design at its very best. Sadly it is an Alfa!

It's the engine size that kills it, paying €420 every 3 months is a killer on the jag, nice and all a 166 might be, it's still a fwd 220hp car that's Italian

:)
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    It's the engine size that kills it, paying €420 every 3 months is a killer on the jag, nice and all a 166 might be, it's still a fwd 220hp car that's Italian

Especially when the Alfa cost to buy may be half the price of your road tax!;)

Great car yada yada.

It's still only worth about 8-900 euro at best.

Ever been in one diesel boy? I'd be surprised if you had tbh...

I can guarantee that will be a classic car and be worth an awful lot of money in years to come. I'd be quite happy to pay circa €2k for one of the best old Alfa's with the best engine by a country mile. That car would have been an awful lot of money too you know. Makes it good value to me.

• Advertisement

Gorgeous looking car ! Italian Design at its very best. Sadly it is an Alfa!

Care to elaborate there my good Sir?

............. diesel boy?.............

That's a tad uncalled for, LM has had a petrol Merc and also at least one E30 in recent ish times.

RoverJames wrote: »
    That's a tad uncalled for, LM has had a petrol Merc and also at least one E30 in recent ish times.

Last two cars were/are daysul. Recent enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,878 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The price is very strong. Still it might very well appeal to an Alfa enthousiast. It looks cared for. TB done, NCT done early. The seller is not gonna refuse €1,800 cash, is he?

I doubt you'd find a minty, enthusiast owned one for €800-€900...

RoverJames wrote: »

Also a 2.2 E46 but we won't entertain such childish comments.

Had the misfortune of buying a brand new Alfa in the late 90's. Stlyle 10/10,
    reliability 2/10 Was delighted to see the back of the Alfa after 18 months!
    Perhaps I was unlucky....... Monday car? Never again!:)

Also a 2.2 E46 but we won't entertain such childish comments.

All you ever did was complain about the fuel economy of that yoke anyway, in fairness. I'm hardly going to entertain ridiculous valuations on a car you haven't a notion on. Maybe he's looking for a bit too much but tb, water pump is an expensive job on the V6. Also I think it's an awful lot of car for €2k.

The diesel boy comment wasn't really being serious either but take it as you wish.

Lol

Fair enough. A bad experience with a brand is a good reason not to return but just out of curiosity, which model did you have and what went wrong?

• Advertisement

All you ever did was complain about the fuel economy of that yoke anyway, in fairness. I'm hardly going to entertain ridiculous valuations on a car you haven't a notion on. Maybe he's looking for a bit too much but tb, water pump is an expensive job on the V6. Also I think it's an awful lot of car for €2k.

The diesel boy comment wasn't really being serious either but take it as you wish.

You honestly think that a 12 year old 166 3.0 v6 ia worth more than a grand? General maintenance is something that has to be done on a car, it doesn't add value to a car, rather, it takes value away from it when its not done.

Just because your Dad had Alfas doesn't make them worth anymore. A very good friend of mine has had more Alfas in his time than you'll ever see and he doesn't blindy defend them or their reliability, every one he has had has given him awful hassle but he doesn't mind that as he can work on them. Parts are expensive second hand, I know this because I've gotten them for him. Old Alfas are unreliable, worthless cars that require more expensive maintenance than other cars, this isn't myth it's fact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement