Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Ensti

mitchaul wrote: »

Wow, I didn't even know people still used that site!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Cloth seats :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Cloth seats :eek:

Slightly ot but I bought my bangeromics Avensis of the insurance company for 200 quid..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Pick up the Daily Mirror today and go to the classifieds. There is only one car being sold by a deranged person.

Same car. 1998 Year. €10,000 :eek:

Michael Grant Motors, as I googled the number I was betting it was gonna be Dermot Wallace.

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Slightly ot but I bought my bangeromics Avensis of the insurance company for 200 quid..

Did you crash it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mitchaul

Ensti wrote: »
    Wow, I didn't even know people still used that site!

Bob Hoskins obviously does!! :D

Sshhhh, always a few bargains to be had in buy n' sell away from the madding crowds...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mitchaul

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Michael Grant Motors, as I googled the number I was betting it was gonna be Dermot Wallace.

Is he interested in buying a 96 model with cloth seats for 4k!!!!

Did you crash it?

Yep wasnt my fault though..

Any pics, I have a morbid desire to see my old car crashed

Is there much damage?

Any pics, I have a morbid desire to see my old car crashed

Is there much damage?

20120508_144229.jpg

It was running like a dream beforehand and I done a good bit of work to it. I even achieved 660 miles to a tank of juice. Its going in tomorrow to be fixed so he is doing the drivers wing too..:)

• Advertisement

Ah that's not too bad corkie. Hopefully you get it back to its former erm..glory soon.

Ah that's not too bad corkie. Hopefully you get it back to its former erm..glory soon.

Ya it should be ready saturday. I got a set of alloys too..

I like your shtyle, what's she sitting on?

I like your shtyle, what's she sitting on?

I got a set of original wheels of a scrapped one.. They look better than your pound shop hubcaps..:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Pdfile wrote: »
    and this is why i dont do girlfriends or wifes ( anymore ) :cool:

Thats a dodgy statement with your username :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Pick up the Daily Mirror today and go to the classifieds. There is only one car being sold by a deranged person.

Same car. 1998 Year. €10,000 :eek:

That car was advertised a few weeks ago in the Mirror. Maroon one? If it is I know the car. V Low milage but way overpriced.

That car was advertised a few weeks ago in the Mirror. Maroon one? If it is I know the car. V Low milage but way overpriced.

It's in it every day, in the Sunday edition too. There was a liftback Corolla there for months and months too. I would suspect they are not genuine adds and they are merely advertising the car adds section (unsuccessfully).

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

RoverJames wrote: »
    It's in it every day, in the Sunday edition too. There was a liftback Corolla there for months and months too. I would suspect they are not genuine adds and they are merely advertising the car adds section (unsuccessfully).
    Yea it was the Sunday Edition I seen it a few weeks back. The owner would be a reputible guy, but perhaps he's using the advert more as a teaser to highlight the adverts section. Same guy has always had a Jag in his possession from i was a nipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Im currently looking at a 9-5 HOT Aero, and that could be a bargain, but at the end of that add a couple of things would concern me:

Every now and again car cuts out

PLEASE READ ADD BEFORE CALLING

NO OFFERS

>>>>>SOLD AS SEEN<<<<<

• Advertisement

Col200sx wrote: »

>>>>>SOLD AS SEEN<<<

Wouldn't let that bot bother me, it's a car for €650 being sold privately :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

As i said before my Saab friend had it before, it's a very, very fast car. He's has M3's etc and said there's nothing that accelerated as fast as it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Fair enough, but the "every now and again car cutting out" could be anything, big or small.

Plus the possibility of oil sludge wrecking the bottom end too, it could be a bargain, or it could be a money pit.

But I suppose for only €650 it's not a big gamble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

97' Saab 900 for 350. No Nct, worth a shot?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3351029

Col200sx wrote: »
    Fair enough, but the "every now and again car cutting out" could be anything, big or small........

that bit would bother me, especially if it wasn't just cutting out approaching junctions and the like when you slow down. Cutting out at speed would be :eek: :mad: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

that bit would bother me, especially if it wasn't just cutting out approaching junctions and the like when you slow down. Cutting out at speed would be :eek: :mad: :eek:

If it cuts out at speed and the seller has left the country it could be hard to get money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

If it cuts out at speed and the seller has left the country it could be hard to get money back.

It's a private sale sure, he's made clear the faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,777 ✭✭✭✭unkel

If the car broke down the second you drove it after buying it, it would have nothing to do with the seller and it would be impossible to get any money back

It's called caveat emptor. Google it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

It's a private sale sure, he's made clear the faults.

If its a dangerous fault the seller is still liable. If a car has a fault that it cuts out at high speed giving minimal steering and no ABS I would class that as dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

If its a dangerous fault the seller is still liable. If a car has a fault that it cuts out at high speed giving minimal steering and no ABS I would class that as dangerous.

No he's not, if he tells you it has a fault and you choose to drive it then anything that happens if your fault.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement